PS3 gaming thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > PS3 gaming thread

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #31
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Since I found a PS3 thread I have to rudely interupt and ask if anyone else has had trouble using the HDMI cord and having the screen black out for a few seconds at a time. The boys finally broke me down and talked me into a PS3. I am verty disappointed with it so far. All that money and no HDMI function.

Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #32
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog2000
Since I found a PS3 thread I have to rudely interupt and ask if anyone else has had trouble using the HDMI cord and having the screen black out for a few seconds at a time. The boys finally broke me down and talked me into a PS3. I am verty disappointed with it so far. All that money and no HDMI function.
Nope. Could be something wrong with the PS3.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #33
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I managed to find quite a few people doing a search that had the same problem but couldnt find anyone with a solution.
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #34
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I haven't had that that problem. I use the
Multi out function and have hdmi to tv. Optical to surround sound and r/w/y cable to my turtle beach.

When does it happen? When watching movies? Games?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #35
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

happened right out of the box playing Sniper, and then MW3 as well. Just had HDMI hooked up directly to TV. Switched to R/W/Y RCA cable hooked up through my stereo and all is fine but no HD
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #36
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

what the heck is a turtle beach?
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #37
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

The best headset you can get

If its new I'd call Sony should be under warranty.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #38
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Do you have the settings on for multiout? Check all your settings.

Unread 08-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #39
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Sorry. Multi out is only for audio :
I've never had that problem. If you find out let us know.

Unread 08-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #40
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog2000 View Post
Try a new HDMI cable. There is some sort of 'handshake' that has to happen that is really just a preventive against copyright stuff (don't ask me to elaborate, because I have no idea how it all works). If the HDMI cable is a cheapie, it might have a problem when the handshake is sent out causing the interruption. I had a TV that would black out on my XBOX all the time like you are experiencing, and it ended up being a problem with the TV itself and that handshake thing.
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #41
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
The best headset you can get

If its new I'd call Sony should be under warranty.
Eh, they are okay but not the best. I have the X12s, not expensive by any means but they do work and sound alright. Buzz kinda which is annoying.

I'm picking up some astro a40s from a guy on craigslist next week, now THOSE are the best you can get. I'm not a super pro gamer or anything but I'm on battlefield all the damn time...plus I'm a bit of a try hard so I like hearing things before other people. It really does give you an edge.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #42
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure... I have 3 ps3 consoles in our house & never experienced this... But a quality cable (for most electronics for that matter) makes a difference. Gold plating, cable diameter & quality of connectors all go into & help determine the signal you get. On our main system it's hdmi out to rcvr, rcvr hdmi out to tv (for bluray, dvd etc). I'd say 1st check cable - or grab another from somewhere in the house & test it out.

I thought tritton headsets were the best... Idk? I'm still using a single ear Bluetooth. Home audio 7.1 works fine for me... So do the headphones REALLY make a difference?
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #43
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
So do the headphones REALLY make a difference?
In my opinion yes. I used to play Mw2 all the time with just a regular mic and surround sound. It was okay, then I bought some turtle beaches and could hear EVERYTHING, could hear guys coming up on me from a mile away. On battlefield I can locate where I'm getting shot from so much better than if I were just using a sound system. I mean yeah, you look like a ****ing chopper pilot wearing em but they damn sure work

But like i said, I'm a tryhard bf3 player lol. I'm a bit of a gaming nerd.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #44
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Btw 06sport... Are you one of those kids that buy it just to play online early... And doesn't even play campaign? It seems the whole "Everyone owes me something" generation knows none of the backstory. So at that point can you say u master any of these w/out beating campaign? Just asking... I mean you have no idea about story.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #45
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
Btw 06sport... Are you one of those kids that buy it just to play online early... And doesn't even play campaign? It seems the whole "Everyone owes me something" generation knows none of the backstory. So at that point can you say u master any of these w/out beating campaign? Just asking... I mean you have no idea about story.
No way. When I buy the game, I beat campaign first then play online. I HAVE to know the story. I'm a nerd like that.

Quote:
-Zach

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.