PS3 gaming thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > PS3 gaming thread

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREERuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #241
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Waiting for a $99 ps3, now that's funny! Stay on your wii until that happens!

Hddvd, thats still funny!

DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #242
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Troll : someone who comes on ps3 forum to poke fun about how our servers were down for blkops2

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #243
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The 360 has had a $99 core model for awhile now, there's no reason the ps3 can't. Just give me one without Blu-Ray.

Last Nintendo console I owned was a SNES, which I still have. Never cared for the 3D direction they took since then.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #244
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I had NES til I got xbox, ps2, ps3, ps3 (and a wii for my kids)

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #245
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Never had any Nintendo till got the girls wii... Was more of a sega guy - minus Atari!

I know there's a new ps3 slim coming out - not sure on its price point or bluray, but who needs bluray when you have hddvd.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #246
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I could probably do $149, maybe there will be some good Black Friday deals...

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #247
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The lag in this game is the worst of any COD I've ever played. I can't shoot anyone. Either I'm way off left or right, or high over their head; of course it only takes the wind near my toe from a single pistol bullet fired on the other side of the map to kill me immediately. Normally, it would sort of balance out in the end, but now, most every one is bad. I'm going like 2-20. It keeps freezing on me, so I have to completely shut off my console with the power button. I got tired during one match and found a basketball court with balls laying around. If you shoot the ball, it will bounce up. I was trying to see how close I could get a ball to the basketball goal.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #248
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
The lag in this game is the worst of any COD I've ever played. I can't shoot anyone. Either I'm way off left or right, or high over their head; of course it only takes the wind from a single pistol bullet near my toe kills me immediately. Normally, it would sort of balance out in the end, but now, most every one is bad. I'm going like 2-20. It keeps freezing on me, so I have to completely shut off my console with the power button. I got tired during one match and found a basketball court with balls laying around. If you shoot the ball, it will bounce up. I was trying to see how close I could get a ball to the basketball goal.
Sounds like typical COD. Mw2 wasn't nearly as bad as you are describing. I had the same issues on Mw3 as you did this COD.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #249
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Sounds like typical COD. Mw2 wasn't nearly as bad as you are describing. I had the same issues on Mw3 as you did this COD.
MW2 wasn't bad, unless someone who was a good player got host; then it was a rape fest. Overall, MW2 is still my favorite. Black Ops was great for me until about 6 months after release. There was a patch that completely raked over my connection, and I haven't touched it since. MW3 was typical, but I'd have some good, and some bad. This one, I can't seem to get a good one at all. I watched one of my videos. I was using the burst fire rifle. It took me a minimum of two bursts, and often three or four were needed. I would get hit markers like crazy. A guy on the other team was dropping me before his first burst of the same rifle was finished. I shot at a guy in a building, and the hits weren't even picking up when you could see the bullets hitting him.

I think I'm going to go back to MW3...at least until it's all hacked up like the rest of the COD games are.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #250
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
MW2 wasn't bad, unless someone who was a good player got host; then it was a rape fest. Overall, MW2 is still my favorite. Black Ops was great for me until about 6 months after release. There was a patch that completely raked over my connection, and I haven't touched it since. MW3 was typical, but I'd have some good, and some bad. This one, I can't seem to get a good one at all. I watched one of my videos. I was using the burst fire rifle. It took me a minimum of two bursts, and often three or four were needed. I would get hit markers like crazy. A guy on the other team was dropping me before his first burst of the same rifle was finished. I shot at a guy in a building, and the hits weren't even picking up when you could see the bullets hitting him.

I think I'm going to go back to MW3...at least until it's all hacked up like the rest of the COD games are.
Mw2 isn't really hacked up anymore. I'm still finding full games on Hardcore TD. It's too easy for me though, probably because all of the "good guys" went to the newer COD games.
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #251
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Did you install the textures in the multiplayer options? You can also change you search settings to "best". For me best was too good of a connection, not used to that.

I've gone close to 2-20 too. Last night I was trying out the 3rd shotgun, the ksg. It kills in 1 hit, but its hard to hit anyone. The first SMG on this game is pretty good.

Psn Mizzou_Madman Add me I need more people to play with. Need to get a Jeep clan

Unread 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #252
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Did you install the textures in the multiplayer options? You can also change you search settings to "best". For me best was too good of a connection, not used to that.

I've gone close to 2-20 too. Last night I was trying out the 3rd shotgun, the ksg. It kills in 1 hit, but its hard to hit anyone. The first SMG on this game is pretty good.

Psn Mizzou_Madman Add me I need more people to play with. Need to get a Jeep clan
I installed textures when I got it, and I've been playing on the 'best' setting for the past two days. I know it's not my connection. My provider came out last year to check my connection. If I test it through any server on any computer in my house, I get close to the 12mbps and a low ping. If I log into my ps3 and run the same test through the same server locations, my ping is higher and I get half the bandwidth. It's simply a problem with the ps3 servers.
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #253
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

That sucks. I went back to normal search because the i was getting whipped on best Search lol

Unread 11-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #254
muddyjeep36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You would think COD would of released a beta version first to work out the bugs like BF3. Coming from BF3 to BO2 seems like a huge step backwards now.
muddyjeep36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #255
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Waiting until the Spring for GTA 5 is going to be impossible.
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.