Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

PS3 gaming thread

29K views 791 replies 54 participants last post by  DJs99TJ 
#1 ·
Poking for some JEEP clan mates on COD or anything really for ps3. Been playing max payne 3 lately.

Does everyone play 360 or what?

#420 ·
ATrueRyno said:
You're one of those people eh? lol I haaate the shock charges for some reason. They were kinda cool at first, but now I'd much rather carry something more lethal.

It's a possibility, I'm on every now and then if I'm not busy with school or anything. If you did knife me though, know that it was pure luck on your behalf lmao. My g/f plays a lot when I'm on too, so you might have been playing her. She gets like 2 kills per 20 deaths though. So so sad. ;[
Lol no I hate em too. I never even run a tactical.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

#423 ·
Not premium bf3 sorry

But played thru my first sit down with Tomb Raider. The gameplay is pretty good, the controls are pretty quick to pick up. The appearance is great, lots of great graphics and scenery, I like the way they do the "edges" of the maps, so it's not just a wall or ugly corner. Just little details that make it look good. Now, i think this is like a prequel so Lara on the other hand, is rather young and looks nothing like the previous games.

There is hunting, picking flowers, finding treasure, solving puzzles. Kinda like Farcry3, well exactly like farcry3, story and all. minus hang gliding, swimming underwater, hunting sharks and squids. I'm still enjoying it and not very far into it yet but I hope the story picks up.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but if the bow is in mp, it might be fun!

#427 ·
I've already diamond'd everything and masterprestige, so yeah I'll play the new map packs and occasionally, but a lot of other good games are coming out! :excited: Just hope they on redbox first

#429 ·
tyvanwie said:
Yeah...I'm done with COD. They've got a lot of **** to fix before I pick it up again.

**** to fix... ?!?! How about just tired of the over saturation of fps on the market? I just had to quit them for a while. BO2 & mw3 shouldn't even sell as games but just another expansion or map pack... More of the same old ****.

#433 ·
Ok guys I need some help. I had a profile on my PS3 and I put about 80 hours into Skyrim. For one reason or another I couldn't get into my PSN account so under the direction of Sony I created another user and PSN id. Now I copied my Skyrim save to my new profile but when I load it up it says that I cant save or do anything but I can play. Any ideas? It also doesn't recognize my Red Dead trophies from my old user. Im pissed at Sony right now...

#435 ·
2006_Sport said:
Call of duty kind of ruined the FPS market with their garbage. Kind of glad i am a BF guy because of that. I just wish it was as popular as the COD series.
The only thing I don't really like about battlefield is that you get the best weapons at higher levels. So I always get raped because I'm only level 16. And a lot of the servers suck.

#436 ·
2006_Sport said:
Call of duty kind of ruined the FPS market with their garbage. Kind of glad i am a BF guy because of that. I just wish it was as popular as the COD series.
I got bf3 not long ago & didn't play much so I get raped also - but I agree totally. As I said tho, the fps genre is just so over crowded it's getting old quick.

#437 ·
To say COD ruined fps is like saying Mario Brothers ruined side scrolling games.

They are both top the selling games of their genres, right?

#441 ·
Top selling =/= quality, but I suppose that's subjective. There weren't many side-scrollers like Mario when it came out but FPS's had been done to death long before COD or BF were franchises. It's not so much that the games are stagnating the genre, it's their mass appeal and attraction of hive-minded fans that are doing it. They keep lapping up the same **** and asking for more, and Activision and EA are more than happy to keep shoveling it to them all in the name of profit while completely ignoring development in other genres.

FPS's have been around for the better part of 20 years now, and there isn't much that hasn't been done already. The advent of hardware sophisticated enough to be able to handle 3D graphics and fit into a console pretty much opened the floodgates to a larger and younger generation of gamers at a fraction of the cost of what PC users had been doing for about a decade. GoldenEye was probably the first real big console 'vs.' FPS until Halo came along and made it mainstream with global online matchmaking capability. It's been all downhill ever since.

#438 ·
Randonexplosion said:
Ok guys I need some help. I had a profile on my PS3 and I put about 80 hours into Skyrim. For one reason or another I couldn't get into my PSN account so under the direction of Sony I created another user and PSN id. Now I copied my Skyrim save to my new profile but when I load it up it says that I cant save or do anything but I can play. Any ideas? It also doesn't recognize my Red Dead trophies from my old user. Im pissed at Sony right now...
Have you tried saving the game files to a flash drive or pc and then uploading to your new name?

#439 ·
I have not tried that yet. I'll give it a shot over my lunch break. :cheers2:

#440 ·
I actually haven't thought about doing that, I have like 3 names and one is level 12 or 13 on trophies, the other maybe level 1 or 2 and the one I'm currently using is 7 or 8, so if I could consolidate them on one account that would be awesome!

#442 ·
ZB_WJ said:
To say COD ruined fps is like saying Mario Brothers ruined side scrolling games.

They are both top the selling games of their genres, right?
Absolut invented the flavored vodka - now you can get "cake"?!?! Now it's overly abundant - all the same BS!... But I like my vodka! Lol! I liked my CoD a lot BUT they ruined the genre, made it mainstream & now they hope sheeple don't catch on! Their games suck & each is nothing new!

#445 ·
I don't like Jeeps anymore, they are too mainstream. That makes sense in your logic I guess.

I'm going to play "qbert" now because I have to feel hip and trendy by being different, but at the same time I'm alone because no one facking plays qbert. But at least your not a sheep :rolleyes:

#446 ·
PhilipJ said:
Top selling =/= quality, but I suppose that's subjective. There weren't many side-scrollers like Mario when it came out but FPS's had been done to death long before COD or BF were franchises. It's not so much that the games are stagnating the genre, it's their mass appeal and attraction of hive-minded fans that are doing it. They keep lapping up the same **** and asking for more, and Activision and EA are more than happy to keep shoveling it to them all in the name of profit while completely ignoring development in other genres.

FPS's have been around for the better part of 20 years now, and there isn't much that hasn't been done already. The advent of hardware sophisticated enough to be able to handle 3D graphics and fit into a console pretty much opened the floodgates to a larger and younger generation of gamers at a fraction of the cost of what PC users had been doing for about a decade. GoldenEye was probably the first real big console 'vs.' FPS until Halo came along and made it mainstream with global online matchmaking capability. It's been all downhill ever since.
Halo was not online multiplayer. What was the first ONLINE multiplayer console game?

Halo 2, not Halo 1.
neither on playstation, COD was.

The players who dot like cod are the ones who are always raging and quitting. Most likely they aren't any good and think its real and not a game, therefore taking it WAY to serious. It's a game, have fun, just because some 11 year old
Kid is better than you, that doesn't make it a bad game.

I'm not saying its the best. Been playing cod forever, it does get old. I've been playing ol arcade games like street fighter and mortal Kombat lol

#447 ·
It has nothing to do with some 11 year old being better or not lol. It has to do with how COD is ALWAYS laggy, always hacked, the cheaters, and that they just recycle the same old BS into every game. I don't think I've seen any advancements in their graphics and gameplay since COD4 came out. COD4 and Mw2 are the only games of that franchise that are even worth a damn. And COD literally takes no skill, especially after playing Battlefield for so long. Instant bullets are lame. This is coming from a dude that had like 35 days on COD 4 and like 40 days on Mw2. I played it QUITE a bit so I'm not just speaking out of my ***.

I dunno why you're taking so much offense to people disliking COD, must be a fanboy thing.

#448 ·
I used to be a huge cod fan. But I'm starting to be over it now. It's more about them making money than making their fans happy. They don't fix anything, they add **** and make it look pretty. Like the EMP grenade. It was skmewhat annoying in mw3, but who the **** though it was a good idea to make it so you're empd for like 3 ****ing minutes and the blast cover half a map?!?! Damn trey arch just stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.