progressive snap shot. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > progressive snap shot.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

progressive snap shot.

I just got my progressive snap shots for my wk and TJ in today. Says I have to use them for 6 months. They said up to %30 discount on my ins. Any body try these already? What did you think/save?

gregstudeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
GeoBigJon
Cactus Hobbit

2014 JK Wrangler 

From the reviews I have read and opinions I got in my insurance thread, some say bad idea, big brother and all. Several reviews said hard breaking cost them any discount. Some got up to a 30% discount, most were in the teens, 15% to 19%. Although they say they don't track speed they do track time and distance, as well as breaking and time of day, so an average speed is easy to figure. For me I drive my patrol car most and almost never drive my Tundra or Jeep, very sad really, but I think it would be good for me. For those drivers that can take their time, use caution when out and about with regards to stopping, and don't mind the monitor it might work in your favor.

If you eat, drink, or wear cloths then you're involved in agriculture.
GeoBigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have wondered about this....I drive a whopping 2 miles one way to work and back Mon - Fri. Same with my wife....would love to pay less for car insurance on both vehicles.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
I have wondered about this....I drive a whopping 2 miles one way to work and back Mon - Fri. Same with my wife....would love to pay less for car insurance on both vehicles.
State Farm offers low mileage discounts. I'm in the <7500 mile bracket. You could probably get one if your cars in the lowest bracket easily. Maybe both depending how many 'other' miles you drive.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm partially through my 3 month snapshot deal with progressive. They sent me an update that stated if my driving habits stay the same I will get a 30% discount.
Unread 07-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
scoopys-yj

i got 19% on the tj, they did track speed, time and distance, along with braking, had a few fast brakes, .
also had one or two when the tires were spinning on ice then stopped abrubly.
they did show speed also , but i dont believe that factored in.
scoopys-yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #7
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My tj is now my rec. vehicle so I hardly drive it. My dad is an 06 wk and so far I haven't gotten a discount. I'm a hard braker. Partially due to my tjs bm brakes.
Unread 07-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Its interesting looking at the data they provide of my driving habits. I'm definately driving safer now. I don't brake hard as often,acc. as quickly, and give more room between vehicles. Now I get annoyed when I get cut off and people slam on the brakes in front of me because it's costing me $.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.