JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   progressive snap shot. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/progressive-snap-shot-2374625/)

gregstudeny 04-30-2014 08:02 PM

progressive snap shot.

I just got my progressive snap shots for my wk and TJ in today. Says I have to use them for 6 months. They said up to %30 discount on my ins. Any body try these already? What did you think/save?

GeoBigJon 04-30-2014 08:56 PM

From the reviews I have read and opinions I got in my insurance thread, some say bad idea, big brother and all. Several reviews said hard breaking cost them any discount. Some got up to a 30% discount, most were in the teens, 15% to 19%. Although they say they don't track speed they do track time and distance, as well as breaking and time of day, so an average speed is easy to figure. For me I drive my patrol car most and almost never drive my Tundra or Jeep, very sad really, but I think it would be good for me. For those drivers that can take their time, use caution when out and about with regards to stopping, and don't mind the monitor it might work in your favor.

Cherokeekid88 05-01-2014 09:55 AM

I have wondered about this....I drive a whopping 2 miles one way to work and back Mon - Fri. Same with my wife....would love to pay less for car insurance on both vehicles.

mike_dippert 05-01-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 (Post 22586113)
I have wondered about this....I drive a whopping 2 miles one way to work and back Mon - Fri. Same with my wife....would love to pay less for car insurance on both vehicles.

State Farm offers low mileage discounts. I'm in the <7500 mile bracket. You could probably get one if your cars in the lowest bracket easily. Maybe both depending how many 'other' miles you drive.

gregstudeny 07-08-2014 02:00 PM

I'm partially through my 3 month snapshot deal with progressive. They sent me an update that stated if my driving habits stay the same I will get a 30% discount.

scoopys-yj 07-08-2014 06:08 PM

i got 19% on the tj, they did track speed, time and distance, along with braking, had a few fast brakes, .
also had one or two when the tires were spinning on ice then stopped abrubly.
they did show speed also , but i dont believe that factored in.

gregstudeny 07-08-2014 06:20 PM

My tj is now my rec. vehicle so I hardly drive it. My dad is an 06 wk and so far I haven't gotten a discount. I'm a hard braker. Partially due to my tjs bm brakes.

gregstudeny 07-08-2014 06:23 PM

Its interesting looking at the data they provide of my driving habits. I'm definately driving safer now. I don't brake hard as often,acc. as quickly, and give more room between vehicles. Now I get annoyed when I get cut off and people slam on the brakes in front of me because it's costing me $.

The time now is 06:59 PM.