Profanity on 'edited' CD - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Profanity on 'edited' CD

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
Agent620
Rescue Red 5!

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post

**** you *******.
I'm just as honest without the swear words.

But I do find that picture true for others I have known.

Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post

I haven't bought a CD in about 10 years, this was my first one since then. Yes, CD's is the only way I listen to music in my vehicle. I don't buy those stupidly over price music players. Never will.

I get that a lot. Plus video games. But they don't make bleeped out video games or Archer episodes. So taking out profane music is just one less thing I need to worry about.
For reference, you can get an older generation ipod with 16 gigs of memory for 50 bucks. Holds about 2,000 ish songs. And you dont have to carry all the cds everywhere.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Five Finger Death Punch?? the one with the Shock and Raw tour? Has albums the rightious side of hell and War is the answer? That Rob Halford sang with?

No swearing and you will have a 4 minute long album.

Walmart will take it back. they take back everything even if it was opened and used.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
So they edit the vulgarity and leave the profane words?
Have you ever noticed on radio versions,
God damn becomes *beep* damn.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #20
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The radio in my jeep and in my camper has a slot for both a USB stick and an SD card. I can carry a years worth of music and not mess with CDs except one time to copy them to the computer.

As for MP3 players. I have a bunch of cheap ones that all cost about $15 and work just fine, and no dealing with iTunes.

Serious question. I respect the desire to have clean language but why support those bands with your dollars at all? Seems to make more sense to buy from those who turn out a better product from the start.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
Agent620
Rescue Red 5!

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
The radio in my jeep and in my camper has a slot for both a USB stick and an SD card. I can carry a years worth of music and not mess with CDs except one time to copy them to the computer.

As for MP3 players. I have a bunch of cheap ones that all cost about $15 and work just fine, and no dealing with iTunes.

Serious question. I respect the desire to have clean language but why support those bands with your dollars at all? Seems to make more sense to buy from those who turn out a better product from the start.
How do you sort the music on the USB drive? I think my radio has a slot, I might give that a try. I don't really know, its just a like of the song, a feel to it. Kind of like a woman, you cant explain it, you jut are attracted to her. Well, its that way for me anyhow. I am weird. I guess once I return it I won't be supporting them.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"
Quote:
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #22
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I keep all my music in folders by artist/album. Sometimes I'll just dump a few random folders on to the usb and hit shuffle play and let it run. Any stereo that has a USB will have some option to select folders.
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
Agent620
Rescue Red 5!

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I keep all my music in folders by artist/album. Sometimes I'll just dump a few random folders on to the usb and hit shuffle play and let it run. Any stereo that has a USB will have some option to select folders.
I'll try and play around with that today, thanks.

Quote:
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
So this is here for discussion. I bought a CD from Wal-Mart the other day. I wanted the clean version, i.e edited by their standards. Much to my surprise not every profane word is edited out. Yes, I don't listen to music with profanity, laugh all you want, its my choice. My questions is will they take it back once it is opened? I haven't had time to go back yet but I will tomorrow I think. I thought they were not allowed to sell music with profanity after a lawsuit or something like that? Flame suit on...and fire away!

The CD is 5FDP American Capitalist, they are pretty much my favorite band but I would like their music without the profanity. Hence why I gave the CD a try.
Once it's opened you can only exchange. They won't care if it wasn't fully edited that's not there problem. if you want another CD the same price they'll exchange. I work electronics at walmart this is how I know lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Oh yeah I think there is an upper limit on f words. Once again, think about a PG-13 movie. It can say **** but only like 1 or 2 times before it becomes R-rated
My life is r rated lol
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #26
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Unno if cds are like games but games can only be exchanged for the same game
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
Agent620
Rescue Red 5!

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Once it's opened you can only exchange. They won't care if it wasn't fully edited that's not there problem. if you want another CD the same price they'll exchange. I work electronics at walmart this is how I know lol
But exchange for what, if the CD has language on it I don't want it. I listen to independent artist for the most part, not the big bands stores carry.

Quote:
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

But exchange for what, if the CD has language on it I don't want it. I listen to independent artist for the most part, not the big bands stores carry.
Another CD lol but if CDs have the same copyright laws as games you have to exchange it for the same CD. It'd be a federal crime and a 10k fine if they let you get something different
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Another CD lol but if CDs have the same copyright laws as games you have to exchange it for the same CD. It'd be a federal crime and a 10k fine if they let you get something different
Please post the US code section for that law.
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #30
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:

Thats not true at all. Walmart is a dealer who owns the product before they sell it to you. They can choose how they credit you anyway they want. Its walmarts loss, not the creator of the game or CD.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.