problem with member - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > problem with member

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Reply
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #16
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
Anyone want to explain how USPS destroying a box in transit is the shipper's fault? Especially since OP doesn't even know how it was packed?

OP, did you ask for insurance on the package or did you just tell him to get it to you as cheaply as possible?
Because unless the package got run over by the mail truck, then the seller likely packed it like a moron. People want to save 40 cents and not buy bubble wrap or shipping peanuts. He didn't buy a Tiffany lamp that broke in the box... He bought some solid metal parts with pointy edges. Common sense would tell one to package it well of it could easily bust through the 1/8" thick cardboard.

The seller is responsible until it is in the hands of the buyer. You may disagree, but that's how 99.9% of businesses work including PayPal who was the mediator of this transaction.

elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
_AdriaN_
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Erwin, TN
Posts: 275
I worked in shipping and receiving for a few years and I can tell you that for the most part, it's the packaging. Granted there are times when it's just UPS' high speed sorters fault, but mostly it's just the fact they used a weak box and/or didn't pack the items good enough.

If I were to be shipping something like that, I would stick with FedEx, the packages from them are usually intact without any damage, UPS, it's hit or miss.
__________________
96 ZJ 4.0
04 TJ 4.0
87 Rx7 TII
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon
 
98muddyjeep's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hatboro PA
Posts: 1,228
I worked for ups years ago and its scary how your packages are handled,God forbid you take the time to write fragile on the box that seems to make it more of a target.
__________________
ah,beer the cause of and cure to all of lifes problems ...Homer J Simpson... I am the guy in the red jeep!
98muddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
bfc4lulu
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: west plains, mo
Posts: 42
Well I paid for item the 29th it was supposed to be shipped within a day. After attempting to contact seller many times finally a shipping label was created on the 8th then dropped off at post office the 11th. Still never contacting me. After package was marked dead going to Atlanta and speaking with KC USPS superviser I made a claim with PayPal and suddenly this morning day after claim the seller is back in country and contacts me. I just find it all fishy.
bfc4lulu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #20
mschi772
Web Wheeler
 
mschi772's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 2,250
My girlfriend's brother has worked his way up at UPS over the past years, and I've heard the horror stories of what packages go through as well. Regardless of how terrible shippers can be, the reality is that a package is the sender's responsibility until it's in the hands of the recipient.
mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
Hudson
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Milford, Connecticut
Posts: 785
A good packing test is throw it clean across your garage. If you don't trust your packing to do that it's not fit to be shipped by anyone.
__________________
Live To Die. You're Not Going To Get Out Of This One Alive.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
g_oneill
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfc4lulu View Post
I made a purchase from a member for rear end parts the 28th of last month. He said he would **** next day. Finally created label the 8th then dropped it off the 11th. Now package is in Kansas city box torn to **** and no ring and pinion in pictures kc office sent me. I do t want to say his name just heat but he's ignored every call txt and message on here I e sent him so I'm at a dilemma on what to do.
Was supposed to be carrier ring and pinion but all kc has is carrier and 4 bearings. So I'm out time ? get so.e advise.
This is in response to all the people offering uneducated responses. This is the seller. I did take the box to the post office on the 8th. I also let the buyer know that day. I left the country on the 8th until late on the 17th. I had no phone coverage so his texts and calls went unanswered. bfc4lulu did file a claim with paypal, I would have too. Paypal is holding that money. My reply to the claim was to refund him his full purchase price. I am eating the cost of the parts he did get plus the shipping and if any of the parts do show up I told him to keep them.

On Monday in my mail box was the top the the box I sent plus a form to fill out. They may be able to find some of them. Sorry I messed this guys whole life up. It is now up to paypal to refund his money. I was not out to cheat or steal from anyone. I have sold other parts with no problem. If they returned parts to me, I would have sent them to bfc4lulu just for his troubles.

Maybe bfc4lulu will confirm some of this, or have a better solution.

Greg

Greg
g_oneill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
g_oneill
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Because unless the package got run over by the mail truck, then the seller likely packed it like a moron. People want to save 40 cents and not buy bubble wrap or shipping peanuts. He didn't buy a Tiffany lamp that broke in the box... He bought some solid metal parts with pointy edges. Common sense would tell one to package it well of it could easily bust through the 1/8" thick cardboard.

The seller is responsible until it is in the hands of the buyer. You may disagree, but that's how 99.9% of businesses work including PayPal who was the mediator of this transaction.
I packed it at the post office with their help. I spent $16 shipping plus $25 on materials like bubble wrap and the best tape they had. Shook the box and dropped it on the floor to be sure. The whole box was shiny on the out side from all the tape. Sometimes **** happens. I took care of my end and am still out $45 dollars and also have no parts. Are you ok with that?

I would never ship that amount of weight in one box again. The buyer would not pay for two boxes.
g_oneill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
g_oneill
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfc4lulu View Post
Well I paid for item the 29th it was supposed to be shipped within a day. After attempting to contact seller many times finally a shipping label was created on the 8th then dropped off at post office the 11th. Still never contacting me. After package was marked dead going to Atlanta and speaking with KC USPS superviser I made a claim with PayPal and suddenly this morning day after claim the seller is back in country and contacts me. I just find it all fishy.
Do I need to prove I was out of the country? There is no way I could have brought it to the post office on the 11th. I was 4000 miles away. That is just the speed of the post office. Your money is at paypal. Please start bad mouthing them and the United States Post Office.
g_oneill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
bfc4lulu
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: west plains, mo
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_oneill View Post

This is in response to all the people offering uneducated responses. This is the seller. I did take the box to the post office on the 8th. I also let the buyer know that day. I left the country on the 8th until late on the 17th. I had no phone coverage so his texts and calls went unanswered. bfc4lulu did file a claim with paypal, I would have too. Paypal is holding that money. My reply to the claim was to refund him his full purchase price. I am eating the cost of the parts he did get plus the shipping and if any of the parts do show up I told him to keep them.

On Monday in my mail box was the top the the box I sent plus a form to fill out. They may be able to find some of them. Sorry I messed this guys whole life up. It is now up to paypal to refund his money. I was not out to cheat or steal from anyone. I have sold other parts with no problem.

Maybe bfc4lulu will confirm some of this, or have a better solution.

Greg

Greg
I have been told they are looking for parts as box was destroyed. Also not asking for anything free. I have never gotten any texts saying you had left country or anything. I got a text on the 1st saying you would drop package off next day. I haven't received any parts as of yet but if I do and pay pal refunds my money which nothing yet I will send you payment back. As of right now I have nothing other then claim. I never stated you set out to do me wrong but I had very little info and never got texts you say you sent me.
bfc4lulu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
g_oneill
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 94
I just want to take care of this. One more snafu I dropped my phone today and destroyed it. I will not be able to make or receive calls or texts for a few days until I get a replacement. I do not know what day I will be getting a phone so please do not hold me to calling or texting you on any certain day. I did tell paypal to refund your money twice. I do not know what else I can do to help. Sorry my parts are lost. According to most of the responses on this site, they are mine until you get them. I never took the paypal money so technically I never got paid for them. They have your money.
g_oneill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #27
bfc4lulu
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: west plains, mo
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_oneill View Post
I just want to take care of this. One more snafu I dropped my phone today and destroyed it. I will not be able to make or receive calls or texts for a few days until I get a replacement. I do not know what day I will be getting a phone so please do not hold me to calling or texting you on any certain day. I did tell paypal to refund your money twice. I do not know what else I can do to help. Sorry my parts are lost. According to most of the responses on this site, they are mine until you get them. I never took the paypal money so technically I never got paid for them. They have your money.
If I get parts I'll send money again if PayPal refunds it. I think my confusion or not getting texts then PayPal n post office telling me diff things led me to this worry.
bfc4lulu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #28
g_oneill
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 94
I should have you let you know I was leaving, but I assumed the parts would get there. I am not worried about the parts or the money. You can have them if they get to you. I still want you have your money back. I will try paypal again tomorrow. The post office said they would look for the parts. Who knows if they will ever find them. I would not count on getting any more than you already have. The carrier will work and maybe you can find someone with gears.
g_oneill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
bfc4lulu
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: west plains, mo
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_oneill View Post
I should have you let you know I was leaving, but I assumed the parts would get there. I am not worried about the parts or the money. You can have them if they get to you. I still want you have your money back. I will try paypal again tomorrow. The post office said they would look for the parts. Who knows if they will ever find them. I would not count on getting any more than you already have. The carrier will work and maybe you can find someone with gears.
Greg I'm confused on what you've said? Am I supposed to have gotten parts after box was destroyed? You said in a previous post parts I'd already received but I've got nothing yet? Now if I'm supposed to then I'll be first to call PayPal and have claim dropped and money left in your account. From the start I gave you 10 extra dollars to help me by listing it on ebay and I in no way want free parts or to rip you off. If I made this thread to seem as if I thought you were trying to rip me off then I'm sorry. I was just completely lost at what happened.
bfc4lulu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #30
elcorvino
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_oneill

I packed it at the post office with their help. I spent $16 shipping plus $25 on materials like bubble wrap and the best tape they had. Shook the box and dropped it on the floor to be sure. The whole box was shiny on the out side from all the tape. Sometimes **** happens. I took care of my end and am still out $45 dollars and also have no parts. Are you ok with that?

I would never ship that amount of weight in one box again. The buyer would not pay for two boxes.
I am not ok with that. USPS offers $100 of free insurance, so I hope you get that. 99.9% of the time, the described is due to bad packaging and shady, trying to save a penny sellers. I think your responses show you fall in the 0.1% and are getting the short end of the stick here. Sucks having to deal with crap like that. Hopefully you can break some what even on this.

Also, I can vouch for you with the PayPal issue. They will hold the $$ for a few days until someone on there end releases it to the original source, even if you outright tell them to refund it, there isn't much more you can do.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.