problem with member - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > problem with member

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

problem with member

I made a purchase from a member for rear end parts the 28th of last month. He said he would **** next day. Finally created label the 8th then dropped it off the 11th. Now package is in Kansas city box torn to **** and no ring and pinion in pictures kc office sent me. I do t want to say his name just heat but he's ignored every call txt and message on here I e sent him so I'm at a dilemma on what to do.
Was supposed to be carrier ring and pinion but all kc has is carrier and 4 bearings. So I'm out time ? get so.e advise.

bfc4lulu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfc4lulu View Post
I made a purchase from a member for rear end parts the 28th of last month. He said he would **** next day. Finally created label the 8th then dropped it off the 11th. Now package is in Kansas city box torn to **** and no ring and pinion in pictures kc office sent me. I do t want to say his name just heat but he's ignored every call txt and message on here I e sent him so I'm at a dilemma on what to do.
Was supposed to be carrier ring and pinion but all kc has is carrier and 4 bearings. So I'm out time ? get so.e advise.
If you speak/text/email the way you wrote this post, I can understand why you failed to get a response...

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Excuse me for a new phone having auto correct. Sorry I don't speak perfect to suit everyone.. I'm sure you got the jist of what I was trying to say so thanks for the remark with no helpful advise what so ever. Seems that's what I get from over half the members in this forum.
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

a very similar thing happened to me with a guy that had a locker for sale. said it would go out the next day, then gave me the run around and excuses for almost a month. i contacted paypal and they reversed the funds.

it solved my problem.

did he put any insurance on the shipment?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No and from what usps said hr just put carrier, ring, pinion, couple bearings and few bolts in box with no packing. So during sorting they've lost ring and pinion a and said "IF" they can find it they'll ship it to me but if not I'm pretty much SOL. So I paid over double for a carrier which is pretty much what I'm getting and PayPal and eBay say its out of their hands all on me. The shipper who I've yet to bs able to contact pretty much isn't liable for anything but sure got his money fast. Now I'm down a set of 4:10 ring and pinion.
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

if he just tossed the **** into a box with no care for them then he deserves to be known so he doesnt stiff someone else, there is no excuse for that or not responding to you. how did you pay him?

ps turn your auto correct off and read before you post.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

No offense but it seems its a problem with the post office not the seller,boxes rip open with packaging or not yes maybe if the box was a bit better there wouldnt be a problem but it happens more then you care to know no matter how good the package. I have learned to buy the insurance or insist the other guy does, its dirt cheap and will cover my *** as well as the other guys. Sucks for your loss and I do feel bad for you but I dont think you really have any recourse against the seller.
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes I'm to the conclusion that I'm just SOL but I am unable to verify any insurance or his personal idea of how packed it. I paid for product via Paypal the 28th. Item was supposed to ship 2 days later so after a message sent the 7th a label was created the 8th then dropped off the 11th. Finally from st paul it reached kc today package thing and parts lost. It just really sucks.
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

He also hasn't answered a call or txt since payment received. His name on site is goneal or goneil something close but I can't find him now. Name is Greg
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Until the package is delivered to the buyer, the seller/sender is responsible for it. He didn't pay for insurance, so you should seek a refund or cancel payment or submit a dispute on Paypal or whatever applies to you.

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

I have sold a LOT on eBay. You need to call PayPal back. They side with the buyer 100% of the time. The buyer is always right and gets refunded. The seller can then later file to overturn this decision, in which case PayPal decides if they are going to eat the $$$ based on how many transactions the seller has. I've death with this numerous times.

Again, the buyer is always protected. Call PayPal back and tell them you DID NOT get what you paid for.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
I have sold a LOT on eBay. You need to call PayPal back. They side with the buyer 100% of the time. The buyer is always right and gets refunded. The seller can then later file to overturn this decision, in which case PayPal decides if they are going to eat the $$$ based on how many transactions the seller has. I've death with this numerous times.

Again, the buyer is always protected. Call PayPal back and tell them you DID NOT get what you paid for.
This

Mine was a little past a month after the funds were initially transferred. They reversed it with almost no effort on my side
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Anyone want to explain how USPS destroying a box in transit is the shipper's fault? Especially since OP doesn't even know how it was packed?

OP, did you ask for insurance on the package or did you just tell him to get it to you as cheaply as possible?
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Anyone want to explain how USPS destroying a box in transit is the shipper's fault? Especially since OP doesn't even know how it was packed?

OP, did you ask for insurance on the package or did you just tell him to get it to you as cheaply as possible?
Still the sellers responsibility to get it to the buyer whole, be it a individual or a business. If it was a business, you darn sure wouldn't hesitate to throw a fit, and they would then ship out a replacement (this happens, my ex got a computer for free, just cause she wasn't home to receive it, and there was no damage to the one that was left).

We have been selling a lot of Suzuki parts lately and we make sure everything is packaged well and sent with insurance. Its not that difficult to box something up and make sure it is secure and add insurance, then if the USPS/UPS/FedEx/whoever destroys the box in shipping the insurance is in place. It covers both buyer and seller. Common sense. And since the seller refuses to contact the buyer in this case, I would say shady action from the seller.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #15
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you guys for advise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.