Prices, value, insanity - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Prices, value, insanity

2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wiOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Bearing & Hub Asse

Unread 09-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Prices, value, insanity

I've started browsing for a TJ for my other half and have been going nuts at the prices these things at commanding right now.
A quick search turned up that the difference between an 05 TJ and a '11 JK was often less than $3-4k! A full 5 years and they only depreciate a couple grand?
I'm starting to feel really good about what I paid in '07 for my '03 TJ (12k). So, to all you regular car buyers, what's the deal? Are the TJ's that good and in demand? Do the JK's suck that hard? Looking at other vehicles, prices drop off pretty steeply, but it seems mine is worth more now than when I bought it!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
bobjp

TJ's are way over priced. They are not "that good" and JK's do not "suck". If I were in your position I would have a hard time paying the insane TJ prices when, as you said, you can get a 5 year newer JK for a couple grand more.

But TJ's look way better...
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
bono426
2005 LJ Wrangler 

keep looking, if you're on craigslist, search "cars and trucks by owner" Dealers always jack up the price a ridiculous amount. I got my 01 for 4500, 104k, 6cyl. Deals are out there, just have to keep looking! Good luck
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
paroxysym
2007 WK 

id def go craigslist... i was looking awhile ago for a toy/another jeep to mess with and i was blown away by the asking price of some of these TJs.... ive settled on just buying a 4 banger TJ when the time comes. no one really wants to hold onto one of those anyway lol
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Everything is way overpriced.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
FireRescue81
1999 WJ 

Holy crap i totally feel your pain here, I have been looking for one for about 8 months now and cant believe the kind of money these people want for them.

I saw one sitting on the side of the road on the way to work yesterday for sale, 1999 Wrangler and they wanted 9000$ firm. Like its absurd.
[QUOTE=greenmachine99;14020453]She can't think ahead. She's 16, and has a vagina. She's not wired to make rational decisions. Don't egg her car, that's stooping to her immature level. Just pound out her BFF. Seriously. Hell get your BFF and Eiffel tower the **** out of her BFF. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RedTeej;14292038]dude, it's been 5 days, pull back on the throttle.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=elcorvino;14325675]

I worked the front door of a gay club for a year and a half and never got so drunk I accidentally sucked a dick. LoL[/QUOTE]
FireRescue81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's our own damn fault.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono426
keep looking, if you're on craigslist, search "cars and trucks by owner" Dealers always jack up the price a ridiculous amount. I got my 01 for 4500, 104k, 6cyl. Deals are out there, just have to keep looking! Good luck
Yeah, I was mostly just blown away by bone stock base model (read: 4 bangers) selling for 13k or more. Insane!!!'
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It is really Bush's fault.

Supply and demand. If they are going for a high price and people pay there probably is a greater demand than supply.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You also need to understand that on CL, price varies by what the owner thinks it's worth to them. Some people are more "attached" than others and ask a little bit more.

When I put up my TJ for sale, my asking price was 12,500. For an 06 TJ with the 4.0 and 68k on it? Damn good deal in my opinion. Not to mention when I bought it, I paid 15k after taxes and tags, (the original asking price was 18k before taxes and tags with 32k miles on it). I've also seen other similar TJs go for 15-16 with a few less miles. Normally they price it high becuase they have the real price they want in their head but want to see if they can get just a few more dollars out of it. It's what we did with my buds nova when he sold it. He put 12k as the asking price, knowing he would take 10k in a heartbeat. Some guy offered 10 and bam, it was sold the next day.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.