Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 726 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #10876
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead

We watched that move The Last Survivor last night. In the beginning they were showing the Navy SEAL training and he was telling me everything they were doing and why. He made me pause the movie so he could explain it. I was impressed with his knowledge. Especially the part where they purposely drown you. I said "Are you OK with that"? He said "It's just part of the training, if you want to know what not to do, you learn by doing it". He must have gotten that out of a book.
Anyway, if you ever see the movie, there are some Taliban scouts that spoil the mission and the SEALs discuss what to do with them. Matt instantly said "Cap them" without hesitation. I paused the movie and asked why. He said "Number one, they are enemy. Number two, they know the SEALs are there. Strike three, they will run back and tell their friends and they will have to run from them". I said "Strike three"?! He laughed at me.
I said "They are captive prisoners. You can't just shoot them". He said "What other option is there then"? I couldn't think of any. I had to agree.
So in the movie, spoiler alert!! They let them go. All the SEALs die because of it, except one and he barely makes it.
Yep, I'm raising a SEAL.

In the second pic he's shooting an SKS (762X39mm) 200 feet away, and next to him is his Ruger 10/22 with tactical night scope. First pic he's shooting a .357 Magnum at a target 100 feet away.
That's my 15yo daughter with the rifle with the silver scope. She's an amazing shot too.
OK, done bragging.
Thumbs up: highfive;
I am jaleous: i wished i would have had a dad like you growing up. It makes my eyes tear from happiness that u give them so much for their life. They are very blessed to have u as their dad!

THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #10877
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee
Looks like u got snow!!!!!
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #10878
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114

Looks like u got snow!!!!!
Just a little bit. Haha
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #10879
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Thor. It means a lot to hear you say that. I am a dad. It's what I do. I created them, I will stand behind them because they are very driven kids that know what common sense is, and they appreciate everything I do for them by telling me so.

And that white stuff in that picture looks cold. You can keep that stuff. I don't want any of that snow thing.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #10880
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

And that white stuff in that picture looks cold. You can keep that stuff. I don't want any of that snow thing.
Lol I don't want it. Anyway those are good pics, you remind me of my dad he thought me how to shoot when I was real young also, started with a bb gun when i was about 5 years old then just kept upgrading, and I'm soo glad he did it, and I'm sure you kids and happy your teaching them the ropes also.
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #10881
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
Lol I don't want it. Anyway those are good pics, you remind me of my dad he thought me how to shoot when I was real young also, started with a bb gun when i was about 5 years old then just kept upgrading, and I'm soo glad he did it, and I'm sure you kids and happy your teaching them the ropes also.
Thanks.

Last night we were going through some new knives we got in Arizona.
I said "When I kick the bucket you get my knife collection" to Matt.
He said "How old are you and do you have any terminal diseases? Would you like to help me clean the guns dad"?
You don't think he would rub me out for a bunch of knives do you? lol
He's a character. His knife collection is better than mine anyway.
His uncle is always finding cool ones for him. "I saw this and I thought of Matthew". WTF? You didn't think of me?! huh. I'll remember that come Christmas.
RJC#512
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #10882
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks.

Last night we were going through some new knives we got in Arizona.
I said "When I kick the bucket you get my knife collection" to Matt.
He said "How old are you and do you have any terminal diseases? Would you like to help me clean the guns dad"?
You don't think he would rub me out for a bunch of knives do you? lol
He's a character. His knife collection is better than mine anyway.
His uncle is always finding cool ones for him. "I saw this and I thought of Matthew". WTF? You didn't think of me?! huh. I'll remember that come Christmas.
Haha man even more you remind me of my dad haha he said the same thing except I get his guns and taxidermy animals. That's cool tho I collect knives also your son seems like a pretty awesome kid haha seems dam smart also .
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #10883
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
Haha man even more you remind me of my dad haha he said the same thing except I get his guns and taxidermy animals. That's cool tho I collect knives also your son seems like a pretty awesome kid haha seems dam smart also .

He's not waiting until I kick it to take my bang sticks. He has already laid claim to them.
I'm not into the taxidermy stuff but lately he has been asking about it. He was looking at the stuff they have at Bass Pro for mounting heads. He was super curious about it and was reading the instructions.
I will take a pic of some of his knives and put this thread back on track. lol
He has a few machetes and he wants to build that machete gun he saw the youtube video for. Not enough hours in a day for him seems like. Ah to be young and have somebody else pay the bills. lol
RJC#512
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #10884
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Thor. It means a lot to hear you say that. I am a dad. It's what I do. I created them, I will stand behind them because they are very driven kids that know what common sense is, and they appreciate everything I do for them by telling me so.

Rik: welcome: highfive!
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #10885
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

My father called me after he was a dui. Wrecked his car into parked cars, was about 3 times legal limit and had racoon eyes which might be an indicator for a headinjury. He called me to tell me he had a dui. I said u can call me from anywhere but a jail. I will come and get u and bring u home. However u call me from a jail i will tell them to up a no bail on u and throw the keys away. He did not like that. I dont support drinking and driving: its either one or the other. Not together. He has not figured that out yet. It worries me but it is out of my control.
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #10886
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114 View Post
My father called me after he was a dui. Wrecked his car into parked cars, was about 3 times legal limit and had racoon eyes which might be an indicator for a headinjury. He called me to tell me he had a dui. I said u can call me from anywhere but a jail. I will come and get u and bring u home. However u call me from a jail i will tell them to up a no bail on u and throw the keys away. He did not like that. I dont support drinking and driving: its either one or the other. Not together. He has not figured that out yet. It worries me but it is out of my control.
You can't fix people.
I lost a four year old sister to a drunk drive when I was 12. My dad nearly killed the man by pounding his head on the concrete so many times. Put the asshat in a coma for two months. My entire family witnessed the killing of my sister when he lost control coming around the corner and hit her on the sidewalk.
So yeah, get behind the wheel intoxicated in front of me and I will pummel your ***. Ask any of my friends. One of them called my bluff on it. Bad decision on his part.
Now there is a huge rise in marijuana use accidents happening since the legalization of it in some states. I will link the AP article if anyone doesn't believe me.
I don't give a flying rats asp what you put into your body until it has an effect on others, especially my family. Don't be stupid. Don't drive under the influence of ANYTHING.
OK enough rant.
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he doesn't hurt anybody, although he already has hurt you.
RJC#512
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #10887
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OK we gotta' get some pics posted in this thread.......

Here's one I took this morning of Matt driving my Chevy Avalanche. He's driven it many times before. It has a button on the door that brings the pedals way up for short people, and the seat electrically raises up pretty high too.
We were on a graded dirt road out in the middle of the desert. The road was straight as an arrow, and at least four lanes wide. He drives my Jeep all the time and it has a stick shift. He's better at driving our backhoe than me by far, has his own quads and dune buggy, rides dirt bikes, and has even operated a mini excavator. He likes machines. Wonder where he gets that?

photo-122-medium-.jpg
RJC#512
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #10888
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear about your sis. Incidents like that stick w u for a lifetime. Ja i am that bad that those few times i gave friends over no booze will be served or they sleep over and i secure their vehicles. Maybe bad choice: safe definitely. As for my father: i dont have too high of opinion of him. My adopted parents ( which i adopted) rock. Rocksolid good people i love from all my heart. My real parents dont understand me. Never have. Never will. Thats probably why i love my dogs so much. They r straight forward. Black or white. No shadows of grey trimmed to a selfish convenience.

And: yes i totally agree w the mj probkems. Most people did not know vicodent or however it is spelled is a class 1 narcotic. That means u can get as easy hooked on it like on cocain. ( for example) . And: you can get a dui for driving under the influence of a controlled substance....rant rant....
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #10889
THOR114

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah. Some pics: chocolate covered strawberries: homemade
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #10890
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Another pic... Who knows where this is?
Left to right, my daughter Erika, her friend Maddie, Matthew, and my grandson Nathan.....

photo-124-medium-.jpg
RJC#512

Tags
photos

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.