Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #796
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplant View Post
Overkill how? How are you using it?

I use it so that I don't have to worry so muh about white balance, plus it lets me shoot on the dark side and adjust exposure and color balances later. Powerful tool, but maybe it is more than your average consumer needs, I don't know. For me it lets me shoot on the conservative side and push my photos in post. It's a lot more difficult (and often impossible) to correct over-exposure than under-exposure.

EDIT - Adding a photo so I'm actually contributing to the thread.

Click free. Big fan of your stuff man!

When I bought Lightroom I thought it was a Photoshop Lite and didn't realize that it is a preprocessor for Photoshop. I think I need a good intro book to Lightroom. Remember back in the day when software came with a manual? An actual book? I think for the prices they charge for software that they should be able to include a book..

"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #797
actionplant
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkchaser View Post

When I bought Lightroom I thought it was a Photoshop Lite and didn't realize that it is a preprocessor for Photoshop. I think I need a good intro book to Lightroom. Remember back in the day when software came with a manual? An actual book? I think for the prices they charge for software that they should be able to include a book..
Thanks!

I hear you there. It's one thing with photoshop, considering how many online tutorials there are out there. Lightroom is a new product though and is still in early adoption so it's more difficult to find help. I simply spend time playing with each tool until I became comfortable with it and went from there.

I do know some people who use Lightroom alone and don't believe in post processing. Since it's mainly a RAW tool it can be seen as simply an extension of the tools in your camera.
actionplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #798
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

There's probably a pdf file of the manual on the disk it came with, lots of companies are doing this now... Now I remember when photoshop came with a video tutorial.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #799
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprez27 View Post
There's probably a pdf file of the manual on the disk it came with, lots of companies are doing this now... Now I remember when photoshop came with a video tutorial.
It probably does but why should I have to print it out?
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #800
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It probably does but why should I have to print it out?

I agree, I just read them on the computer instead of printing. What about a couple of years ago when Dell stopped sending O/S disks when you bought a new comp... That was real BS.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #801
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I prefer to have the manual in a physical form so I can thumb through it and not have to switch between windows. OK, I'm done threadjacking.
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #802
Rezneck
1984 CJ7 

48 CJ-2A, Bone stock except it has Allstate locking hubs.
86 CJ-7, 4.0 HO, AX-15, D-30, AMC-20
84 CJ-7, YJ tub and fenders, 258 ci, T-176, D-30, D-44 Trutracs F/R, 4.27s, 33s
77-90ish Wagoneer/TJ/CJ Yard Sale Special, 360AMC, TH400, Quadratrac, D-44s F/R, 3.07s, 34" LTBs.
Rezneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #803
actionplant
1992 XJ Cherokee 

MAN that's a cool old Harley! Great pic.
actionplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #804
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

more pictures of Croms sister!
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #805
AlTheKillerr

find her on myspace then you can drool all you want. there are actually some new ones that are really really cool. a makeup artist from LA did some stuff with her and Duke and its really cool.

from my trip today

this one is of the front door at the cabin i was at. the owner built the door by hand himself including the staining and iron work

and on the way back

Last edited by AlTheKillerr; 02-28-2008 at 01:37 AM..
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #806
AlTheKillerr

this one was at 200mm. the new lens seems to be pretty sweet

i dont like to do much black and white. so if you ever own one of my pictures and its B&W and hand signed itll be worth alot

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #807
Rezneck
1984 CJ7 

I love that tat.

48 CJ-2A, Bone stock except it has Allstate locking hubs.
86 CJ-7, 4.0 HO, AX-15, D-30, AMC-20
84 CJ-7, YJ tub and fenders, 258 ci, T-176, D-30, D-44 Trutracs F/R, 4.27s, 33s
77-90ish Wagoneer/TJ/CJ Yard Sale Special, 360AMC, TH400, Quadratrac, D-44s F/R, 3.07s, 34" LTBs.
Rezneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #808
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

^^^^

Yeah, me too.
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #809
pthrift
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmy View Post

I love that tat.
looks like it may be a coverup for something? everything is so closed off...
pthrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #810
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got so close to this little guy I could have scooped him up. At 200mm I had to retreat a little to get him in the frame.

Wamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photos

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.