Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 171 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #2551
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spife7980 View Post
im just using photomatix right now as practice. the trial version gives you a watermark but it is fun to learn to use etc and if you crop it big enough you can screen capture without the watermarks in it. i heard that with PS CS2 and on you could do HDR fairly well...
We actually talked about this yesterday in my photography class. According to my instructor, Photomatix is probably the best software for HDR. He said he's going to buy it this semester. I have PS CS3 and I'm about to upgrade to CS4, but from what I've read and what my instructor says, you don't have as much control in photoshop as you do in some of the stand alone programs. I'm going to wait and see how he likes the Photomatix before I buy it for myself. I'm about to dump a lot of money into the CS4 Suite, so I can't really afford to buy any others at the moment.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #2552
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

yeah it is really nice and i have no experience with photoshop. but i just have the free version of it. easy download and lets you get your feet wet with it before the big purchase (but i have no idea how much it is)
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #2553
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
yeah it is really nice and i have no experience with photoshop. but i just have the free version of it. easy download and lets you get your feet wet with it before the big purchase (but i have no idea how much it is)

It's $99, but you can get a %75 discount if you're a photography major. Or, you can get a %60 discount if you're any other kind of higher education student or teacher. So, $25 or $40 isn't bad. I might try to slip that in in the next few months.

Unread 02-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #2554
Korwtp
2001 XJ Cherokee 

yeyah

took while on vacation. Observatory, Griffith park over looking L.A.
Korwtp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #2555
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Ok, I downloaded the free Photomatix trial and messed around for a few minutes. This is one of the two I did in that time:

These overdone "trendy" HDR's are getting a little old for my taste, but I was just testing it out. I think it is hands down better than the HDR converter in photoshop CS3. It's a little less intuitive (I'm probably just used to the photoshop layout), but with a little experimenting, you can do a lot of stuff with it. I think I'll probably buy the full version as soon as I have some extra cash.

Unread 02-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #2556
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Click free for the new guy:

Quote:

Unread 02-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #2557
HandyAndy516
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
went to the zoo this weekend and got to use my new camera for the first time.
i have my ducks in a row
Thats funny, also 19 and a sophomore in college. Took this in Budapest. Its a Mandarin duck also. I am a waterfowler, and this is one of the most amazing ducks I have ever seen

Sienna Jeep Club Member #19 Build Thread Rhonda Burgundy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34478742@N02/
HandyAndy516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #2558
HandyAndy516
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A few more Jeep related, all my pics are in my flickr page in my sig. Check it out if you get a chance.

Sienna Jeep Club Member #19 Build Thread Rhonda Burgundy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34478742@N02/
HandyAndy516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #2559
propjockey2002
2003 TJ Wrangler 

propjockey2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #2560
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool View Post
It's $99, but you can get a %75 discount if you're a photography major. Or, you can get a %60 discount if you're any other kind of higher education student or teacher. So, $25 or $40 isn't bad. I might try to slip that in in the next few months.
really? i know here at our university bookstore they supposedly have a huge mark down on photoshop for students. i wish i was a photo major but i guess a student will have to be good enough. is it an online discount thing or through a university bookstore type thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy516 View Post
Thats funny, also 19 and a sophomore in college. Took this in Budapest. Its a Mandarin duck also. I am a waterfowler, and this is one of the most amazing ducks I have ever seen
i notice there are differences in the coloration and pattern of the 2 ducks you and i posted. since your a water fowler do you know if its cus they are male/female or are there different strains of mandarin? just wondering
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #2561
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by propjockey2002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #2562
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Where are you guys finding PS for 99$?
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #2563
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
really? i know here at our university bookstore they supposedly have a huge mark down on photoshop for students. i wish i was a photo major but i guess a student will have to be good enough. is it an online discount thing or through a university bookstore type thing?
It's basically all online. I read on their site that all you need is an email address from your school with a .edu extension. Or, if you don't have that, they can do it some other way. But, the program is a download. You don't get a disc or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesXJ View Post
Where are you guys finding PS for 99$?
Not photoshop. Photomatix - a program for doing HDR images. I CAN get the whole CS4 design suite which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc. for $348, being a student.

Unread 02-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #2564
TheJeepaholic

Quote:
i notice there are differences in the coloration and pattern of the 2 ducks you and i posted. since your a water fowler do you know if its cus they are male/female or are there different strains of mandarin? just wondering
I believe both were males. Male birds tend to be more colorful and vibrant as opposed to the females. The males have the bright display of color to attract the females where as the females need to blend in with their surroundings while on the nest so they tend to be dull and colorless. And in trying to make myself look smart I also googled female Mandarin duck and it gave me this...

http://www.utahbirds.org/featarts/20...rinDuckTS2.jpg

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am by no means a duck expert.
TheJeepaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #2565
aaron2874
2008 JK Wrangler 

My friends' son after I let him fly the plane...

aaron2874 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.