Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Post Office package pick-up question

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
Estimated delivery date for my package was today, but now it got pushed until tomorrow even though it's in my city, according to tracking. If I were to go to the post office to pick it up, would they give it to me? How exactly can I find out which exact post office it is at, too? (although I have an idea). It is an order of live plants, and I am not going to be home all day tomorrow so I want to get them out of the box and planted in my aquarium asap.

#4 ·
I guess there is no PERISHABLE label on the damn thing. I don't know why they moved my delivery date up. Last time they brought a similar package back to the post office and made me pick it up the next day, now it's just sitting there at the post office. Really irritating.

#8 ·
I guess there is no PERISHABLE label on the damn thing. I don't know why they moved my delivery date up. Last time they brought a similar package back to the post office and made me pick it up the next day, now it's just sitting there at the post office. Really irritating.
And you answered your own question as to which PO it will be at. They don't switch your routes with other PO's.

#9 ·
If it says that it is scheduled for delivery, leave it alone and wait for it to be delivered. The Post Office kinda sucks at holding stuff once it has made it that far.
About the only time it pays to have the post office hold your item is stating that when it first ships.
If you are determined to try and get it, call them, give them the tracking number and they will hold it. If it is already on a truck for delivery today and you do this, it will come back to the facility and not be delivered to your home like planned, you might not be able to pick it up until tomorrow because it will have to find its way off the truck and back into the building.
About a month ago I was so excited to get my new phone I called and had them hold it. Well 2 days after it would have been delivered we were still trying to figure out where the hell my phone had went, turns out a manager had pulled it off the sorting line and instead of placing it up front like usual, she tossed it on her desk.

#10 ·
Yeah, I called the 1-800 # to find the exact post office which it was at. The lady told me, and told me to call the PO just to make sure it was there. I called like 6 times and it was busy. Rode my bike over and lady told me they never received it. I explained to her that the package is perishable, and she didn't quite get why there was such an urge to pick it up. Oh, and then she wrote down the PO # and told me to call it when I wanted to pick it up. Was she not listening to me? Guess I'll just freakin' wait...

#11 ·
I guess what I'll do is, just call them at 4:45, an hour before they close, and see if it ever arrived. Not that you guys care, just wanted to state it ! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.