Post Office package pick-up question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Post Office package pick-up question

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Post Office package pick-up question

Estimated delivery date for my package was today, but now it got pushed until tomorrow even though it's in my city, according to tracking. If I were to go to the post office to pick it up, would they give it to me? How exactly can I find out which exact post office it is at, too? (although I have an idea). It is an order of live plants, and I am not going to be home all day tomorrow so I want to get them out of the box and planted in my aquarium asap.

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Usually they leave a note for pickup if you can, your package is probably in the back of a mail jeep somewhere unfortunately.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Cause
WHAT !!!!

You can pick your 'Plants' up at the DEA office...
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepyj View Post
Usually they leave a note for pickup if you can, your package is probably in the back of a mail jeep somewhere unfortunately.
I guess there is no PERISHABLE label on the damn thing. I don't know why they moved my delivery date up. Last time they brought a similar package back to the post office and made me pick it up the next day, now it's just sitting there at the post office. Really irritating.
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
happymudder10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause View Post
You can pick your 'Plants' up at the DEA office...
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You guys have been so helpful :-(.
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Have you tried calling your local Post Office and relaying your situation?
SmallsWk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Estimated delivery date for my package was today, but now it got pushed until tomorrow even though it's in my city, according to tracking. If I were to go to the post office to pick it up, would they give it to me? How exactly can I find out which exact post office it is at, too? (although I have an idea). It is an order of live plants, and I am not going to be home all day tomorrow so I want to get them out of the box and planted in my aquarium asap.
Quote:
I guess there is no PERISHABLE label on the damn thing. I don't know why they moved my delivery date up. Last time they brought a similar package back to the post office and made me pick it up the next day, now it's just sitting there at the post office. Really irritating.

And you answered your own question as to which PO it will be at. They don't switch your routes with other PO's.
SmallsWk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

If it says that it is scheduled for delivery, leave it alone and wait for it to be delivered. The Post Office kinda sucks at holding stuff once it has made it that far.
About the only time it pays to have the post office hold your item is stating that when it first ships.
If you are determined to try and get it, call them, give them the tracking number and they will hold it. If it is already on a truck for delivery today and you do this, it will come back to the facility and not be delivered to your home like planned, you might not be able to pick it up until tomorrow because it will have to find its way off the truck and back into the building.
About a month ago I was so excited to get my new phone I called and had them hold it. Well 2 days after it would have been delivered we were still trying to figure out where the hell my phone had went, turns out a manager had pulled it off the sorting line and instead of placing it up front like usual, she tossed it on her desk.
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I called the 1-800 # to find the exact post office which it was at. The lady told me, and told me to call the PO just to make sure it was there. I called like 6 times and it was busy. Rode my bike over and lady told me they never received it. I explained to her that the package is perishable, and she didn't quite get why there was such an urge to pick it up. Oh, and then she wrote down the PO # and told me to call it when I wanted to pick it up. Was she not listening to me? Guess I'll just freakin' wait...
Unread 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #11
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I guess what I'll do is, just call them at 4:45, an hour before they close, and see if it ever arrived. Not that you guys care, just wanted to state it !
Unread 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
I guess what I'll do is, just call them at 4:45, an hour before they close, and see if it ever arrived. Not that you guys care, just wanted to state it !
My PO started closing at 4:30 recently. What a drag.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
ExpressoNate
1997 XJ Cherokee 

So, you want to piss off the post office workers, BEFORE they deliver your box? Really bad call man.

~Nate

Crashing sucks!

Save money by using [url]www.advanceauto.com[/url]. Click my referral link to save up to 40% off retail cost! [url]http://advanceautoparts.tellapal.com/a/clk/7l10p[/url]
ExpressoNate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbojeepman View Post
My PO started closing at 4:30 recently. What a drag.
same here, thats rather irriatating for people that work. I actually got out early the other day to drop off a few packages and found that not only do they close at 4:30 but they also are closed for an hour in the middle of the day.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpressoNate View Post
So, you want to piss off the post office workers, BEFORE they deliver your box? Really bad call man.

~Nate
Uh, not sure who got pissed off, but okay. I went and picked up my package, it was there at the end of the day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.