Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Pork recipes

850 views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  jbolty 
#1 ·
I have a 2lb hunk of boneless pork sitting in the fridge thawing and I am at a loss what to make with it.

Sold the grill so no grilling for me.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
Negative.

loin or shoulder?
Shoulder, I think. I don't even remember buying it.

1. Cut in strips.
2. Boil with one onion for 1-1/2 hours
3. Put in bowl and cover with BBQ sauce and some brown sugar.
4. Usually I throw on grill for 5 minutes but you don't have one so go to step 5.
5. Put in oven on 450 for 5-10 minutes.
6. Enjoy the best Pork you will ever have.

I usually use a shoulder butt roast but it works with any.
That sounds pretty good.

#4 ·
1. Cut in strips.
4. Usually I throw on grill for 5 minutes but you don't have one so go to step 5.

#8 ·
1. Cut in strips.

i do something similar with country style ribs, except i simmer it in bbq sauce with some beer and onion and whatever else, then throw on the grill, haven't put them in the oven maybe i'll try that next time.

#9 ·
If it is fatty it's shoulder, loin is all lean meat. Slow cook a shoulder.

season with your favorite dry rub, add a cup of some sort of liquid like beer, orange or pineapple juice, cover tightly and put in a low oven at around 250 for many hours. a crock pot will work too, if it fits.

when it is falling apart tender enjoy as pulled pork sammys or tacos.

use any left overs as the base for a good bean soup.

#14 ·
I was watching Man vs. Food last night and actually caught the one where Adam was in Memphis... He ate a Gus' fried chicken (not worth the hype imho) and Rendezvous (DEFO worth the hype imho)... but I found this recipe for Charlie Vergo's Pork Shoulder and I would have expected something more complicated...

Ingredients

• Kosher salt
    and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 (17 to 19 pound) whole pork shoulder
  • Vegetable
    or olive oil
  • Barbecue sauce
Directions

Mix 3 parts salt to 1 part black pepper. (Mixture can be adjusted to suit your taste.)
Heavily coat pork shoulder on all sides with the salt/pepper mixture.
Lightly coat shoulder with oil.
Place shoulder over indirect heat in a sealed smoker for 16 to 18 hours at 225 degrees maximum. You can use your favorite wood, charcoal or chips.
During the last 2 hours of your cooking time, baste heavily with your favorite barbecue sauce.

#15 ·
Get a smoker; they're cheap, especially this time of year.

#21 ·
just cooked one the other day. 1/2 hour in the oven at 300° (to kinda sear it), 8 1/2 wrapped in foil at 225°, 3 hours unwrapped at 250°, you should be able to push on it with 2 forks and make it fall apart. Season with whatever you like, but dont forget the APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, pork loves that stuff as much as it likes BEER.

I sometimes make a pulled BBQ pork sanmich with mayo, and sometimes I mix vinegar and tony's and black pepper in a empty ketchup type bottle and put on the pulled pork on a plate.

#22 ·
If the hunk is big enough for several meals go light on the seasoning. That way you can season it various ways as you eat it and not get bored with 10 pounds of all the same thing.

around here 8-10 # shoulders go for 89 cents a lb on sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.