Pokemon Cards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Pokemon Cards

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Pokemon Cards

Does anyone know anything about these things?

Long story short, I need to get some of these for one of my boys, but the more I look at them, the more confused I get. I know they have value to them but don't know which ones to get him.

AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have some from when they first game out. I can kinda remember which ones were the sought after ones back then, but don't have a clue about these new age ones.
Actually I think I might still have some.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wish you had this thread a year ago. I would have just mailed you the whole collection I had as a kid.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a fat (FAT) binder full of them from when I was younger. Couple years ago I went through and counted, categorized, and plastic-sleeved all of them, with the intent to sell them all.

If you want to get him some old school cards, I'll send you the whole damn thing for the price of shipping. If your son thinks that will make him one of the un-cool kids at school, then I would look for the new 'versions'.

If you want to just get him a 'starter pack', they sell cards in 10-card packages called starter packs (or at least that's how they did it when I was buying them). Go to any toy store and they should have the latest 'version' on the shelf. Pretty sure they also sell deck-sized packages, which I think are 60 cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #5
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
I have a fat (FAT) binder full of them from when I was younger. Couple years ago I went through and counted, categorized, and plastic-sleeved all of them, with the intent to sell them all.

If you want to get him some old school cards, I'll send you the whole damn thing for the price of shipping. If your son thinks that will make him one of the un-cool kids at school, then I would look for the new 'versions'.

If you want to just get him a 'starter pack', they sell cards in 10-card packages called starter packs (or at least that's how they did it when I was buying them). Go to any toy store and they should have the latest 'version' on the shelf. Pretty sure they also sell deck-sized packages, which I think are 60 cards.
I appreciate the offer, but what i am looking for here is guidance on what cards are better than others and why.

He already has a binder full of them and he shows me his "cool" cards. But I broke down and just took him to the store with me so he could pick out his own. Spent a lil over 60 bucks in cards, but at least he did not double up on anything.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You get to pick out your cards now? I always just bought a pack and hoped I got lucky and got a cool card in it.
I about **** my pants when I got a holographic charizard. I showed that bad boy off like there was no tomorrow. I was the cool kid on campus

Colbert 2016!
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
You get to pick out your cards now? I always just bought a pack and hoped I got lucky and got a cool card in it.
I about **** my pants when I got a holographic charizard. I showed that bad boy off like there was no tomorrow. I was the cool kid on campus
sort of....if you buy the tin box it will show you a good one, and same with a box set thing. But now he has all the Kyurams. White Black and regular.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't even know what a Kyuram is...... Pokeman must have changed a whole lot in the 10 years since I've played it.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lmao!!! This thread totally reminds me of that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond! Haha!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I never got a charizard I always hated kids like you.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I never got into any card games. My best friend at the time gave me a couple cards (probably like 8 lol) so i could have a "deck" to play against him. Yeah he definatly picked the crap cards so he would win. I just never took interest in it, well besides that some of the artwork was kinda cool i remember.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post
I never got a charizard I always hated kids like you.
I had 2 of them. Holographic and non holographic.
Had a holographic blastoise as well. But it wasn't as cool as charizard.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
Hurley91

My Nana would give me $5 allowance every week. I either bought Pokemon, or hot wheels. Pokemon would get my adrenalin pumping though. You pick a pack, open it up and hope you got something cool.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
My Nana would give me $5 allowance every week. I either bought Pokemon, or hot wheels. Pokemon would get my adrenalin pumping though. You pick a pack, open it up and hope you got something cool.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
I never got an allowance, so I had to, shamefully, steal mine from walmart.
This was before there was ever such thing as a 'super walmart'

Colbert 2016!
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
Speed911
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i actually found one under a table at a restaurant a few years back when they were the huge thing... I pissed off a lot of kids.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.