Playstation vs xbox - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 05-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #121
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Man yall are really reaching on this one. Lol. I have never seen a bigger group of tin foil wearing conspiracy theorists in one thread.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #122
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
That doesn't mean it turns it 'OFF'.
Oh, really?

POLL

I guess when the angling motor turns off and the lens points at the floor it's still able to record just fine then.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #123
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Oh, really?

POLL

I guess when the angling motor turns off and the lens points at the floor it's still able to record just fine then.
Oh, I didn't know it did that. I don't have a kinect.
Hell, I haven't even turned my xbox on in over a year.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #124
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ

Oh, really?

POLL

Works for Microsoft. That's why he always gets butthurt.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #125
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

It's no about if they are recording me all the time or not. It's the fact that they are able to.

It's
Not
Paranoid, it's protecting our ****ing privacy. If no one stands up and fights for our rights, big companys/governments will take advantage of people who have no
Backbone

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #126
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

im 19 but my dad had me start with all the original systems so i would know what it was like to experience technology change, and so that he wouldn't have to buy new systems early on. i cant get over the x box controller so i'll be continuing with PS.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #127
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Haha, I don't work for MS. I'm not even decided on which console I'll get, if I even feel like buying one. I'll have to wait until E3 to see what both bring to the table. I've got a fully decked-out gaming PC and there really aren't enough must-have exclusives on either side for me to open my wallet up right away. The only reason I got a 360 (over a year after it launched) is because all of my friends already had one and no one had the PS3 because it came out so late and was still $500-$600. The only Sony IP's that semi-interest me are Uncharted and Heavy Rain; the only MS ones are Forza, Gears of War and some of their arcade stuff. Never played Halo 1 or 2 but had some good fun messing around online with 3.

I'm kind of stuck if I want to play Red Dead, Madden or some other titles though because the devs don't want to bother making PC versions. Now with both companies going to x86 architecture though, a lot of the code structures can be easily ported for little cost and effort, so I might not have to buy either one.

I do hate the PS controller though, I've hated it since the PS1 and PS2. Why they can't make the thing a little bigger and more ergonomic is beyond me (did their test group have tiny 12 year old hands?) The first Xbox controller blew also, but I think the 360's is near perfect. Plus it's designed to work with every PC game these days; it's nice to be able to use it across two platforms with no differences.

Unread 05-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #128
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Having friends on either console is the best reason to get either one.

The ps4 controller looks a little bulkier, I do like the new Xbox controller. Can't wait to get my hands on both of them.

Heavy Rain was a decent game. I liked the
scene when you have to draw up architecture plans on a flat board. I just wish there was more than one scenario like this.

Im sure Germany is saying its a security threat because CLIA can easily access any device connected to the Internet and could pose a risk having these consoles in the homes of officials, unlikely that officials will be using it, but if they have children. It's possible.

We shouldn't have to worry about privacy in our own homes. I'm not a nazi, but I DO believe in privacy in our own homes. I could care less about Germany, but saying their accusations are false is a stretch. Who wouldn't want 24/7 surveillance of their enemies? Know their routines, what they eat, what makes them laugh/cry? When they go to bed, when they go to work, need I continue...

What I hope is that MS is pressured into changing their concept and make an update that does not require Internet or camera. Let's keep
our fingers crossed. For what we know about PS4 they could be doing the same thing and were smart enough to let MS release it first and let them take the heat. We know nothing about PS4 besides the specs, controllers and a few games.

(long post much? My bad )

Unread 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #129
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Policies are still being reviewed (and possibly adjusted) so I guess it doesn't really surprise me that Microsoft's reveal was very ambiguous. They could have just dropped some spit-balled ideas to test the reactions and adjust them accordingly before going into production. Kinect 2.0 could be a spy machine, but it also might not be. We won't really know until E3 or sometime afterward. I'd be extremely surprised if it were, though. Redbox, GameFly and other rental services have been pretty quiet, so I don't think the whole not-playing-used-games thing holds much water. They'd be lighting up the internet if it did. I really couldn't give two ****s about GameStop taking a hit though; buying your used game for $9 and re-selling it for $30. They're the ones killing the software industry and making a massive profit in the process by not really doing a damn thing; it's a seedy pawn shop for games. My stuff always looks brand new compared to the scratched-up discs, mystery-fluid-drenched instruction manuals, cigarette smoke-reeking cases that they sell back to the public.

If Rockstar and Sony still have an exclusive deal to release Agent, I may have to get a PS3/4/whatever it comes out on.

Unread 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #130
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

We finally agree on some thing Philip! Why a glorious day!

GameStop can pay me $6 for my Game and make 300% profit when it sells. I dot even go there to trade in unless they have a preorder bonus for certain games. I can get more on Craigslist.

Unread 05-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #131
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Steambox lol joking.

Sent from my space using JeepForum
JeepingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #132
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Isn't android suppose to come out with a console?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #133
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

^ any more info on this?

Unread 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #134
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Unno I looked it up it was like 100$ you can preorder them unno release date
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #135
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the ouya system? It runs on Android.

Sent from my space using JeepForum
JeepingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.