Playstation vs xbox - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #91
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Poll

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #92
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

All those in favor of making PhilipJ vp of microsoft?

Really... Xbox have any exclusives coming to combat Last of Us? It's gonna be huge, but as stated in ps3 forum - don't like the fact this years biggest game is coming before a system release.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #93
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ
All those in favor of making PhilipJ vp of microsoft?

Really... Xbox have any exclusives coming to combat Last of Us? It's gonna be huge, but as stated in ps3 forum - don't like the fact this years biggest game is coming before a system release.
Yeah thats pretty lame, especially since it won't work on ps4.

I think Phil IS the VP of Xbox gaming division lol

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #94
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We don't know yet, that's what E3 is for and why MS is making it a two-part reveal.

Here's how you do sources:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/20/434...-the-next-xbox

Quote:
"We have so much goodness that there's no way we could have packed it all into one event," Greenberg stated, as transcribed by CVG.

"The best way I can describe it is, we're really going to tell one story across two events. So we're going to start on the 21 [of May] and really that's about revealing the next Xbox platform and our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment. We definitely have a lot of surprises planned.

"People are going to get a great inside look at the making of the new platform and the team that brought it to life. To be honest it's really about the team, the people here. We've never done this before, so it's really exciting to be able to do that.

"It's a lot of laying the foundation, and then just a couple weeks later we go to E3, and E3 is all about the games. It's going to be tons of exclusives [and] world premieres."

And for the record, I know several people who work or have worked at MS, Valve, Nintendo and Bungie.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #95
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Damage Control, I hope you fired the last guy who revealed

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #96
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb_wj View Post
quick poll - 28

how about everyone lists their age so we can see what demographic plays what
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #97
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #98
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

[quote=
and for the record, i know several people who work or have worked at ms, valve, nintendo and bungie.[/quote]

poll

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #99
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
"Xbox one is a let down" IGN

Here is a link, so you know I'm not lying

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...ven-butts-ign/

I just googled Xbox one and this was the first result, so it's not like I went looking for negative articles on Xbox, I still think it has lots of innovative features.

But, when the VP of Microsoft says it doesn't look good, that doesn't instill a lot of faith in my decision to purchase Xbox ONE or PLAYSTATION 4
I'm wondering if Xbox one controlled will be built better then the system just like the 360. Lol. How many rrods have you seen compared to ylod?
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #100
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I see RROD all over Craigslist at any given time, YLOD not so much, I haven't seen YLOD since the fat ps3

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #101
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The 360 was shipped knowing that it had an above-threshold level failure rate, because they wanted to beat Sony into the pool, and it worked. Consoles sell at a loss for several years; the companies make all of their money on games, peripherals, subscriptions, marketplace stuff...anything the console does.

That sort of thing should be a non-issue now due to the die shrinks which have made the chips smaller, unified, require less power (generating less heat) and also using phase-change cooling solutions. There's still chances for general hardware faults, but almost all of the problems from last generation was a result of heat.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #102
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I agree with everything you said. I've had Xbox and ps3 fry, both from MW2. That freaking engine is brutal on the chips, get into an all day session and you could fry an egg on it. It's funny MW2 fried both my systems, almost like it was deliberate

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #103
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
I see RROD all over Craigslist at any given time, YLOD not so much, I haven't seen YLOD since the fat ps3
Same here and when mw2 first came out my playstation was on for 40 some odd hours playing mw2 the whole time and it's still alive I know people that never turn there's off! no ylod. Mine blue screened once but just turned it off and back on and it went back to normal.
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #104
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Mine were both base models from release, the slims seem to keep cooler.

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #105
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
The 360 was shipped knowing that it had an above-threshold level failure rate, because they wanted to beat Sony into the pool, and it worked. Consoles sell at a loss for several years; the companies make all of their money on games, peripherals, subscriptions, marketplace stuff...anything the console does.

That sort of thing should be a non-issue now due to the die shrinks which have made the chips smaller, unified, require less power (generating less heat) and also using phase-change cooling solutions. There's still chances for general hardware faults, but almost all of the problems from last generation was a result of heat.
no they didn't they wanted to get them out before xmas so they sold a already broken product. Which is terrible id rather have a company take time and know the products failure rate is low.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.