Playstation vs xbox - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 05-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #61
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I would like a pc for battlefield. What is it like 34 vs 34?

I'm stoked about Diablo III in Ps4!!!

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #62
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ

eh. doesn't have to.

well I guess if you factor in speakers, keyboard, mouse, monitors... then I'm probably around a grand. I built mine 3 years ago I think. Run crysis 2 and mw3 on higher settings with no issues.

But the actual PC tower only cost me ~500 to build.
I don't pc game (since '87) but I heard its a TON cheaper to build your own & even make it better. A new Alienware is ridiculous $$$ IMHO. But yeah, add a speaker set up & stuff
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #63
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
I don't pc game (since '87) but I heard its a TON cheaper to build your own & even make it better. A new Alienware is ridiculous $$$ IMHO. But yeah, add a speaker set up & stuff
yeah, and stuff has come down in price even since I built mine.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #64
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
I've heard you can't play the new xbox without the Kinect camera. I don't know about you but I don't want to have to be forced to play a console with a camera on. Can't be much keeping hackers or the govt hacking into your system to see what you're doing, even when you're not playing it.
Um...you can turn it off.

Why do people keep hearing all of this speculation and just accepting it as unequivocal truth?

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #65
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I want a crappy enough PC that will run the old Blade Runner game.
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #66
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ

Um...you can turn it off.

Why do people keep hearing all of this speculation and just accepting it as unequivocal truth?
Poll?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #67
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
Want a crappy pc? Buy a ps3!

Bahah kidding.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #68
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_
I think 24 bit... Ask the Xbox guys...
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #69
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Want a crappy pc? Buy a ps3!

Bahah kidding.
Hey! Welcome! A forum for YOU!
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #70
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Noticed a lot of people love their anonymity and don't say much but have had so much to say in each ps3 & xbox forum... This is the place!!! Say your peace or forever stfu!
Each fanboy goes to each forum & talks smack now this is the place & this is the time!!!! Petty panty in a bunch 350 users.. 350 - cause a real gamer would say he played 360! This us at you sarcasm boy... Don't dish it if you can't take it!
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #71
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
Noticed a lot of people love their anonymity and don't say much but have had so much to say in each ps3 & xbox forum... This is the place!!! Say your peace or forever stfu!
Each fanboy goes to each forum & talks smack now this is the place & this is the time!!!! Petty panty in a bunch 350 users.. 350 - cause a real gamer would say he played 360! This us at you sarcasm boy... Don't dish it if you can't take it!
Childish much? Jesus ****ing christ guy. Let it go. You have made 3 posts directed at me so far, I don't give a flying **** about any of them. Youre just being an annoying 12 year old now. This thread wasn't made to talk **** about either system. It was to talk about ps4 and the One and gaming in general. You already ruined the 360 thread with your childish antics, don't ruin this one. Youre just like the kid from Boston who ruined the nfl and NHL thread.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #72
Hurley91

It's too early to tell, but probably PS4. I'm 21.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #73
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Childish much? Jesus ****ing christ guy. Let it go. You have made 3 posts directed at me so far, I don't give a flying **** about any of them. Youre just being an annoying 12 year old now. This thread wasn't made to talk **** about either system. It was to talk about ps4 and the One and gaming in general. You already ruined the 360 thread with your childish antics, don't ruin this one. Youre just like the kid from Boston who ruined the nfl and NHL thread.
You know why you don't feed a stray animal? It'll never go away if you do.

Besides, we ll know you're itching for a PS4.

I'm sure I'll eventually get both, but I'll start with the PS4. Naughty Dog has made Playstation the king of exclusives.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #74
marksman1941
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post

I can say right off that the charging per movie thing is complete bull****. That was a patent filed several years ago and means nothing. It could even have been filed to prevent competitors or third party publishers from using it in games on the 360. As for LIVE having to be 'always on' (which I think has been interpreted poorly as well) I don't have a problem with it because my 360 has always been set to sign on as soon as it powers up anyway. I can't see any reason to ever turn it on with the intent of not having it logged into LIVE. You can't use any online video apps or play multiplayer or anything...kind of pointless for anything but strict single player campaigns.

Backwards compatibility would have been extremely costly to do properly (with hardware, like the PS3 did at first,) so the decision to not include it wasn't 'stupid.' The 360 uses a completely different CPU with different instruction sets that would have been a nightmare to port over to the new PC-style x86 chip, resulting in crappy ports at best. 360's are cheap nowadays, there's no reason to not keep one around strictly for retaining the ability to play titles on it. The PS3 played PS1 games fine but didn't do very well with most of the PS2 library. So those who really wanted to play their PS2 games had to keep the PS2, which also played PS1 games making the PS3's ability to do so pretty redundant. BC is just a perk and not something that should be expected out of a new piece of hardware that is replacing its predecessor with almost 10 year old technology.

I'd wait until E3 before passing too much judgment, a lot of details will be explored and clarified more in-depth there.
I was pissed off already when I wrote that lol. From what I'd heard, which is all hearsay, I wasn't too impressed. The always Live thing, though, I would argue with. I play single player more than anything else, because I won't pay for live. At the moment I live in town, but I used to live and plan on going back to the middle of nowhere, with a severely ****ty internet connection (imagine half a step above dial-up). If I can't play my single player just cause I can't connect to the internet, it ain't worth my money.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #75
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ill buy whatever most of my friends buy. Which will probably be the Xbox.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.