Playstation vs xbox - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I had NES until I was an adult. Don't laugh. It was hard enough growing up in a pretty messed up situation. I guess that's why gaming is important to me now.

Some of my favorites were TMNT, Metal Gear and Little Nemo

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

"Xbox one is a let down" IGN

Here is a link, so you know I'm not lying

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...ven-butts-ign/

I just googled Xbox one and this was the first result, so it's not like I went looking for negative articles on Xbox, I still think it has lots of innovative features.

But, when the VP of Microsoft says it doesn't look good, that doesn't instill a lot of faith in my decision to purchase Xbox ONE or PLAYSTATION 4

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #33
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
“I’ve already got something in my house that I can watch TV on, so I don’t need a redundant piece of technology that allows me to do that. It’s not a very compelling message to gamers, and I’m not sure if it’s the consumption pattern that a lot of new-generation folks have for media,” Butts told FoxNews.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...#ixzz2UEI3Umnj
redundant? lol. i think he's missing the point
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #34
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
I had NES until I was an adult. Don't laugh. It was hard enough growing up in a pretty messed up situation. I guess that's why gaming is important to me now.

Some of my favorites were TMNT, Metal Gear and Little Nemo
I still have my NES somewhere. Just have to find it

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #35
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

I still have my NES somewhere. Just have to find it
Remember blowing the dust off the cartridge? And then wigglin it with your index fingers to try and get it to work? I do!

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #36
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Remember blowing the dust off the cartridge? And then wigglin it with your index fingers to try and get it to work? I do!
And if it was your system, you had to be the one to do it? Anyone else couldn't do it right.
kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #37
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Quote:
"Xbox one is a let down" IGN

Here is a link, so you know I'm not lying

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...ven-butts-ign/

I just googled Xbox one and this was the first result, so it's not like I went looking for negative articles on Xbox, I still think it has lots of innovative features.

But, when the VP of Microsoft says it doesn't look good, that doesn't instill a lot of faith in my decision to purchase Xbox ONE or PLAYSTATION 4
So what does this thing offer beyond trying to run the gamut of an entertainment window? Can I keep up with the Pats game while virtually shooting my friend in the face?
kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #38
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I will be going with PS4. I am a little biased because I have had all 3 Sony consoles, but I never liked the Xbox controller. The offset joysticks seems very odd to me. Xbox did totally outdo the Playstation with Kinect vs Move, but that isnt important to me. I only started playing online since last fall so the "Always on" thing with Xbox definitely rubs me the wrong way. I could do without all of the Facecrap and other social media, my phone is plenty capable if I wanted to do that. And I'm 26, got an NES for Christmas when I was a little tyke and grew up gaming with my brothers and their friends.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #39
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've heard you can't play the new xbox without the Kinect camera. I don't know about you but I don't want to have to be forced to play a console with a camera on. Can't be much keeping hackers or the govt hacking into your system to see what you're doing, even when you're not playing it.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #40
Indy

I JUST bought a 360 for the kids this xmas. I should have waited. I wouldn't have bought the new 'one' but the 360 would have been cheaper. I had a nes and a ton of games, sold them and the games months before super nes came out. It paid for the new system plus my first personal tv. Everyone that waited was selling at 2-5 per game when I was getting 15-30 be selling early. I should have known better than buy before they announced

I'm 36 have had
Intellivision
atari
nes
super nes
dreamcast
xbox
then a long lapse before the 360.

PC and games throughout though. Now I hardly ever play anything I can't mess with in 5 minutes between appointments.

Having looked at the new 'one', it looks mainly aimed at being able to watch TV. I already have a TV. It streams, so does every TV I own (except 1), every electronic device and even my car. The only tv that doesn't has a roku that does it all. It plays Blu, I already have a blu player (and an HD-dvd for that matter), I don't buy blu discs, too expensive for not much better than regular even on a 70" screen, plus I can't back them up. I have little kids who's main hobby is to make my dvd's unplayable. It plays 3d, I HATE 3d. If I want a headache I'll drink heavier. It's not backwards compatible. I didn't know companies still did this. While having 1 device to do more than 1 thing is neat, I'm not so old that pushing 1 additional button on 1 additional remote is likely to kill me.

Odds were slim I would have bought a new system anyways, but with what I've read I see no reason to do so.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #41
AlTheKillerr

I just want a damn game system. Not 12 different devices in one box. If they built it to play games and play games only, the cost of the system would drop dramatically and have less issues. I wont be buying either system.
AlTheKillerr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #42
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
It plays 3d, I HATE 3d. If I want a headache I'll drink heavier.
X2

Both of my tvs and bluray players are 3d capable. I have no use for it.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #43
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

@ Indy

Thank you for the lol's, by that I mean I did actually chuckle at a few of your comments.

I have little kids that do the same!

Unread 05-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #44
MikeHoncho88
Desert Rat

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_

Wrong. Playstation was the first; PS1 to be exact. A CD came with many gaming magazines and it would have about five or six different trial games on it. I wore the RE2 demo out waiting for its release. In fact, I may even have one of those old trial CDs in one of my closets.
Cool but I was referring to the currently used technology of downloading trial games. Which was invented on xbox live and copied later by play station. Sorry guess my post was not clear enough. :-)
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #45
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You guys are just puppies. I am 38. I started playing on the Atari 2600 and a Commodore 64. I was tortured as a kid when my parents got me the ET game for my birthday. Then it was the NES, then a Genesis, followed by a PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, then a PS3. Next, it will be a PS4.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.