Playstation vs xbox - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #16
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhikku
yeah i'd rather just buy the old console to replay my game library, instead of rebuying a digital copy of it.
x2

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Does Xbox play 3d bluray?

Xbox one games will have to be downloaded to the console before playing and renders the disc obsolete. Tell me how fast the hard drive will fill up when you are having to install every single game you play on the hard drive.

PLAYSTATION will have instant on. This means, I push a button and I'm playing instantly and don't have to wait for it to load. This is where the power of the the PLAYSTATION muscle RAM comes into play.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #18
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
Wrong. Playstation was the first; PS1 to be exact. A CD came with many gaming magazines and it would have about five or six different trial games on it. I wore the RE2 demo out waiting for its release. In fact, I may even have one of those old trial CDs in one of my closets.
I still have one of those. Playstation Underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #19
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Another thing I'm not liking about the ps4 is that they are not keeping the XMB, they are moving to a dashboard (yes like Xbox, I know) much like in today's PLAYSTATION store. I liked the XMB and just seemed more mature than the dashboard.

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #20
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Does Xbox play 3d bluray?

Xbox one games will have to be downloaded to the console before playing and renders the disc obsolete. Tell me how fast the hard drive will fill up when you are having to install every single game you play on the hard drive.

PLAYSTATION will have instant on. This means, I push a button and I'm playing instantly and don't have to wait for it to load. This is where the power of the the PLAYSTATION muscle RAM comes into play.
Yes, it does 3D Blu-Ray and 4K.

Well, BR's hold 50 GB but not every single disc is going to be completely filled with data to copy over. Also, external hard drives can be connected via USB 3.0 ports. Who's going to play from a disc, anyway? A HDD's transfer rate will blow BR's out of the water without breaking a sweat. Not a huge deal for me as I only buy a few games per year anyway. I doubt I'll ever fill up the on-board drive but if I do, I've got plenty of thumb drives and external HDD's laying around.

If all that fancy *** RAM just means quicker instantaneous gratification, Sony can keep it. It's not like the 360 or PS3 are dog-slow, and they've got hardware from 2004. I mean it's a nice perk I guess, but hardly a deciding factor for someone on the fence. Then again, given today's ADD/ADHD-riddled youth, every microsecond counts.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #21
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ

Yes, it does 3D Blu-Ray and 4K.

Well, BR's hold 50 GB but not every single disc is going to be completely filled with data to copy over. Also, external hard drives can be connected via USB 3.0 ports. Who's going to play from a disc, anyway? A HDD's transfer rate will blow BR's out of the water without breaking a sweat. Not a huge deal for me as I only buy a few games per year anyway. I doubt I'll ever fill up the on-board drive but if I do, I've got plenty of thumb drives and external HDD's laying around.

If all that fancy *** RAM just means quicker instantaneous gratification, Sony can keep it. It's not like the 360 or PS3 are dog-slow, and they've got hardware from 2004. I mean it's a nice perk I guess, but hardly a deciding factor for someone on the fence. Then again, given today's ADD/ADHD-riddled youth, every microsecond counts.
Every post your ill attempts of insulting and alienating people only show your true colors, so please keep the personal attacks to yourself and try not to get so defensive. Thank you.

RAM also helps with loading between levels. I'm glad that Sony is focusing on improving gameplay. Because after all that's what PLAYSTATION is about. I would LOVE to see them improve their servers as well.

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My what? Where did I insult or alienate anyone? I didn't imply you had ADD/ADHD, it was an umbrella reference to generation Z or whatever it is now (which you shouldn't be if you 'grew up on SNES and Genesis.') If you think that was directed at you, you're the one with the projection problem. I think given the nature of the thread that I'm the only one to provide any sort of objective information despite it being a 'place to argue.'

Loading between levels? Those are called cut-scenes in single player games and give the system all the time in the world to load the next set of assets into RAM no matter how slow it is. 'Levels' haven't been a thing since...I can't even remember when, but it was when consoles had a lot less memory than a basic smartphone. Ultra Fast RAM is nice, but it's not a game-changer when compared to Pretty Damned Fast RAM, especially if it comes at a cost with only a marginal performance ceiling. Granted we won't know for quite some time if it's worth it, but PC games are still kicking *** without it and they run in a much more fragmented environment; consoles are streamlined to be purpose-specific and really shouldn't need something that flashy because of their superior optimization and simplified operating systems.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #23
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Ok...im gonna base this one features that have been released and trailers for PS4 and Xbox one.

I have ALWAYS thought Playstation gave a MUCH better gaming experience....I feel the Xbox one is more focused on a entertainment experience.

Deep Down for PS4 looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
Forza for Xbox one...not so much...graphics don't really look that great...some of the paint effects on the car looks good and the details on the tread of the tires looks good, but it still looks abit "iffy"

I will be buying a PS4...I am not a hardcore Playstion fanboy...I just gravitate towards what is gonna give me the best gaming experience...just so happens that PS3 has done that for me so far and I believe that PS4 will continue to deliver....
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quick poll - 28

How about everyone lists their age so we can see what demographic plays what

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #25
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
Wrong. Playstation was the first; PS1 to be exact. A CD came with many gaming magazines and it would have about five or six different trial games on it. I wore the RE2 demo out waiting for its release. In fact, I may even have one of those old trial CDs in one of my closets.
I remember those. Played them till my 10 year old eyes bled.
kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Quick poll - 28

How about everyone lists their age so we can see what demographic plays what
Im 24.

Grew up on my dad's nintendo playing Duck Hunt and Ninja Gaiden.

Then moved up to Genesis playing everything under the sun.

then PS1. Crash Bandicoot. BOOM.

Went through 3 or 4 PS2's, wore those guys out. I think we still have one or two laying around.

Now I'm on XBOX 360. Had my system for 6 years or so. I prefer the open-world titles like AC, GTA, etc.

As far as the next gen goes, I don't know. I was planning on getting my own PS3 this year but don't see the point now. PS3 is great I just chose XBOX when I upgraded. I have a PS Vita so I may go PS4, but who knows.

Can't afford that ish anyway.
kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #27
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Duck Hunt!

I always hated playing with those punks who put the gun on the glass! And then I still beat them from 5 feet back.

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

XBOX- 4 years from now when it's priced as what it's worth.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm 23. Started with regular Nintendo and pretty much had everything from then on. And still managed to go outside

I'll get the xbox first. If I like the ps4 I may get it but I haven't come up with a reason as to why I should. All my buddies have xbox so that's why I'm getting it for the most part

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #30
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
I'm 23. Started with regular Nintendo and pretty much had everything from then on. And still managed to go outside

I'll get the xbox first. If I like the ps4 I may get it but I haven't come up with a reason as to why I should. All my buddies have xbox so that's why I'm getting it for the most part
That's a good reason!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.