Playstation vs xbox - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #196
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'll admit that I use the joystick caps and the trigger extensions so that my fingers don't slip off. I see that as making up for a controllers shortcomings. It desnt affect reaction time or button placement like what you guys are talking about.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #197
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I see where you're coming from. It's just easier lol. Because I do all that jumping and drop shot bs, so a scuf makes it 10000000x easier. And actually takes out some human error of me missing the joystick or some ****.

I actually had a true modded control a couple years ago. It could empty a clip of the COD4 M9 pistol in about 1 second it was so unfair...

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #198
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I use the stick extensions myself. the ps3 controller left a lot to be desired. My system of choice but the controller hasn't changed since the og playstation.

On to another subject... Last of Us coming out tues!!!! Ign gave it a 10/10 & called it a masterpiece!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #199
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ive been interested in it for s long time. Ill probably pick it up after I wrap up Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2

August YJOTM

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #200
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
Ive been interested in it for s long time. Ill probably pick it up after I wrap up Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2
Lol, you share a good $$$ saving point also. I don't think I finished black ops 2 campaign let alone borderlands 2 before I got another game & never picked it up to finish. I do that alot!!!
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #201
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
They aren't really 'modified' per se, they're just designed more for pure FPS gaming ergonomics. The normal controllers are fairly utilitarian to allow for general use across all genres. You want a LOT of analog trigger play for racing in Forza, but not nearly as much while shooting in a FPS (where the hair trigger and trigger stop features in a SCUF really shine.) I don't use them myself, but I can totally understand why people would want to use them if their library is online multiplayer FPS-heavy.

Those ones that allow unlimited firing rate are bull**** though, and I report everybody I see that uses one.
Yeah the turbo rapid fire **** pisses me off. One reason why I don't play cod very much anymore. You don't see it nearly as much on Bf3. I've been looking for a bf3 friendly controller since the game came out cause my regular box controllers have dead spots in the analog sticks even when new. Bf3 is apparently super sensitive to that.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #202
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

18 here and I probably won't get either. First console was a gamecube then an Xbox(the original). I've still got both (I never sell my games)The only reason I even got a 360 was for halo 3. I'm more then likely going to go back to PC gaming since I just got a new one. I started out with PC games like AOE, Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, and heck even arcade games from before I was born like Galaga and missle command. (My dad got me on them and he still plays with me and he's 54!) And yes I still have a PC running windows 95 to play all of those classics
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #203
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post

Lol, you share a good $$$ saving point also. I don't think I finished black ops 2 campaign let alone borderlands 2 before I got another game & never picked it up to finish. I do that alot!!!
Haha I hate doing that. I like to get my moneys worth. And I dont like not being able to beat a game. Except for Assassins Creed 3. I couldn't get into it.

August YJOTM

Unread 06-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #204
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-always-online

Well, after reading that it just made me lean more heavily towards the PS4. One hour of playing my Xbox One game on a different console? You gotta be kidding me. There goes me going over to my brothers house for some shootemup on his system with my game. And there goes Redbox' game rental too, which I sometimes use. They are making it harder for me to jump on board with these kind of decisions.
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #205
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-always-online

Well, after reading that it just made me lean more heavily towards the PS4. One hour of playing my Xbox One game on a different console? You gotta be kidding me. There goes me going over to my brothers house for some shootemup on his system with my game. And there goes Redbox' game rental too, which I sometimes use. They are making it harder for me to jump on board with these kind of decisions.
Stupid of Microsoft to do this. Just another way for them to make more money.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #206
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did anyone actually think they were going to stop money-whoring?

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #207
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Did anyone actually think they were going to stop money-whoring?

Nope. But I didn't think they were going to go to that level of greed. Haha.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #208
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Communists

August YJOTM

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #209
Playsinpuddles
2011 JK Wrangler 

Xbox one NEEDS the connect to work ps4 doesnt. Buy a used Xbox game? Gotta pay full price for it. Playstation? Pay used game price. Might just buy the playstation till Xbox learns from this f$*+! Up.
Playsinpuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #210
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't say myself and ZB_WJ didn't warn ya this was coming! Maybe I'll stick ONLY w the ps4 for a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.