Playstation vs xbox - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #166
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Another win for the ps4 versus the Xbox that is basically a cable box with a LED X on it.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #167
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ha!

We just got an XBox 360 two Christmases ago (so . . . 18 months ago?).

Before that, my last game console was . . . an NES I got (brand new) as a Christmas gift in ~1987.

So . . . I'm due for another new game console in year 2039. Woohooo!
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #168
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
Easily, like. It doesn't look like a retro CD player. Sony at least did sleek & dark when it was "in". One already One step behind.
Uh, what? That's not the official design...unless Sony's PR is as competent as their network security. No one knows what it's going to look like until E3. All that's been officially released is the controller and the Eye. I'm not sure there's ever been a console in the history of consoles that's ever looked anything like their unofficial mock-ups made by bored artists. If that's really it, then, ummm...it's okay, I guess. Never seen a console with intake vents before. Looks like a prop laptop from a bad sci-fi movie. I think someone just went frame by frame through the teaser video and cobbled together all of the details into a theoretical design.

All of my gear sits in a shelved cabinet behind frosted glass doors; I couldn't give two ****s what anything looks like. Better to look like a retro CD player than a George Foreman - Lean, Mean, Fat Grilling Machine if you're going to have it out in the open, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Another win for the ps4 versus the Xbox that is basically a cable box with a LED X on it.
Except it's not a cable box at all. It just has an HDMI input to allow your current cable box to act as a pass-through device (and hopefully HTPC, phone, tablet, etc. for those without digital receivers.)

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #169
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I'm just glad to see it looks like they improved airflow and has some sort of style for next gen vs a step back

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #170
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
I'm just glad to see it looks like they improved airflow and has some sort of style for next gen vs a step back
Lol, I have an old school ES line DVD player from like 02.... Looks alot like the one! Damn thing prob cost more also.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #171
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I don't think they work, but a good deal
If you can fix them, but kinda sad considering they all have problems lol I think he went to PLAYSTATION after his fifth one fried.

5 Xbox 360's, 2 harddrives, & 2 headsets $80

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/vgm/3836331313.html

Unread 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #172
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Huh. Thats interesting. I've been through one xbox and it was my fault the optical drive died cause I always played scratched to hell games and never burned games onto the HD.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #173
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i just barely upgraded to the new model xbox, i had a launch one that was still working and gave to my mother so she could watch netflix lol.
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #174
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I just thought that was a good deal, I mean $80 for 5 xboxes. Fix em, $100 a pop easy

Unread 06-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #175
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

It's rumored the ps4 will be released cheaper than Xbox one. Xbox one that includes the mandatory Kinect camera will raise the cost of production and materials. E3 in less than 2 weeks, I doubt we will have a price but should get more info then.

Unread 06-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #176
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

I hate the playstation controller so it is an easy sell for me.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #177
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtJeep View Post
I hate the playstation controller so it is an easy sell for me.
The new box controller looks so sexy

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #178
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
It's rumored the ps4 will be released cheaper than Xbox one. Xbox one that includes the mandatory Kinect camera will raise the cost of production and materials. E3 in less than 2 weeks, I doubt we will have a price but should get more info then.
early reports were saying the ps4 should be around the $400 range
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #179
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

From what I've heard Xbox one will be $399 and ps4 will be $349. But it's just bull**** rumors. The Xbox one costs more to make, I know the ps4 costs around $280 to manufacture and if they want to take a loss for the first year or so and sell them at $280 (highly unlikely) I think I'll get both. But I'll put the kinect camera in a soundproofed wood box with a flap cover

I did just get off the phone with ps support and they are releasing the console pictures on Monday and hopefully a release date which means hopefully we can preorder soon.

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #180
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If those are close to real price points I'm content... Def getting both! Going for the 1tb ps4 though.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.