Playstation vs xbox - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Playstation vs xbox

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #1606
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ
The thermal solutions for both consoles is fine since they've gone to unified CPU/GPU dies. Also, the Xbone has a phase-change interface between the chip and the heatsink.
Do you happen to know he tj max temp?
Actually on that note, when are consoles going water cooled? lol seems logical since it would be more quiet.

Unread 11-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #1607
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Not sure about the Xbone, but someone did thermal temps on the PS4. I've only heard the fan kick up a couple of times. Both systems also require a lot less power than their predecessors, so that helps too.

http://www.planetextech.com/profiles...thermal-images

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #1608
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

What I found cool it the HDD on the x1 IS replaceable off the shelf HDD, it will void warranty and who knows if it will even recognize a SSD but it is removable. I wish my ps4 could at least use an external HDD.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #1609
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sony might patch that in later, but right now you can pop in any drive you want. SSD doesn't seem to make a huge difference in loading times though, so unless you have a spare one kicking around I wouldn't bother.

Unread 11-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #1610
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm it seems as technology progresses, gpus and CPUs become more power efficient and cooler, yet consoles only keep getting hotter. Maybe someone will make a new case for them like they did for the 360.
image-2119576981.jpg

Unread 11-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #1611
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
What I found cool it the HDD on the x1 IS replaceable off the shelf HDD, it will void warranty and who knows if it will even recognize a SSD but it is removable. I wish my ps4 could at least use an external HDD.
The ps3 saw little to no difference with a ssd which really is a shame since they are the future. The new consoles should of come with ssds but in order to keep cost down they probably couldn't do it. What's up with no external media? Seriously!
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #1612
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Yeah, no DLNA support yet either. I'm /hoping by the time a "slim" model comes out, SSD will be more "economical" and will be included.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #1613
A_Ninja_Racer

I'm Sorry I can't read read through all of this but has anyone touched on the free games for gold? Does anyone know if that's going to carry over to the XBOX One?

Not that they've been giving us anything worth playing lately.
A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #1614
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
Hmm it seems as technology progresses, gpus and CPUs become more power efficient and cooler, yet consoles only keep getting hotter. Maybe someone will make a new case for them like they did for the 360.
Nobody wants a big, gaudy case in their living room just for the sake of keeping something cool when it runs perfectly fine at spec. Consoles are always going to run a little warmer because they try to keep a smaller profile; the PS4 is roughly the size of a laptop. If everything was digital and you could get rid of the bulky Blu-Ray drive in favor of another fan or something, sure, PC-type temps could probably be attained.

The PS4 also has a thermal threshold that if it is reached will shut the system down safely. The only time that should happen though is if some idiot has it in an enclosed cabinet and has the exhaust ports blocked or sitting on top of a hot receiver or cable box.

Unread 11-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #1615
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

after yall finalized for your ps4 when did you go to GS to wait in line? Thinkin I'll leave the house round 1030
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #1616
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ
Nobody wants a big, gaudy case in their living room just for the sake of keeping something cool when it runs perfectly fine at spec. Consoles are always going to run a little warmer because they try to keep a smaller profile; the PS4 is roughly the size of a laptop. If everything was digital and you could get rid of the bulky Blu-Ray drive in favor of another fan or something, sure, PC-type temps could probably be attained. The PS4 also has a thermal threshold that if it is reached will shut the system down safely. The only time that should happen though is if some idiot has it in an enclosed cabinet and has the exhaust ports blocked or sitting on top of a hot receiver or cable box.
What's that about having a big ugly thing in the living room!!!!? lol really I do understand, but they didn't need to make the ps4 the size of a note book. It could of been as big as the ps3 and run cooler.
I'm just anal like that lol, my gpus in my pc can run at 98c that's there tj max. But I don't let them pass 75 with a custom fan profile. Same with the ps3 I had extra USB fans all over mine. Although it probably doesn't make a difference so long as you don't pass the tj max, it's well know that the cooler a CPU/gpu runs the better off it is. Heck I have a older pc that doesn't have a heat sink on the CPU! Ha
image-640432554.jpg

Unread 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #1617
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
after yall finalized for your ps4 when did you go to GS to wait in line? Thinkin I'll leave the house round 1030
Is got there at like 5 minutes til. It's not like a cod release, it should be a lot smaller and faster. But it might be in to go early. I'll seen some free shirts online that were handed out.

Speaking of heat sinks. Here is the x1 heat sink. It is a monster. Can tell they are not risking another rrod incident. Very impressed.
image-2521274090.jpg

Unread 11-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #1618
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
Is got there at like 5 minutes til. It's not like a cod release, it should be a lot smaller and faster. But it might be in to go early. I'll seen some free shirts online that were handed out. Speaking of heat sinks. Here is the x1 heat sink. It is a monster. Can tell they are not risking another rrod incident. Very impressed.
With how powerful the Xbox one is it's rather small. But maybe it's the pic, any dimensions?
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #1619
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Nope. But this heat sink paired with the huge fan in the Xbox One will be more than adequate to cool it. The only thing I'm not sure of, is vents on top of the case. Now I don't know about you guys but the top of mine gets very dusty where I live. I would hate to have all that dust just falling into the system when it's off.

Unread 11-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #1620
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
I got there at 11 57 there was only like 20 people At my gamestop to get the ps4 I was out the door at like 12 10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.