Pismo beach in midst of storm front - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Pismo beach in midst of storm front

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 01-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pismo beach in midst of storm front

Hey guys/gals

Just returned from Pismo during this last storm front.. actually got a great day with traction and sunny skys before the next days torrential downpour and beach closure ( first time I have ever heard of that beach totally closing)

pismo-beach-3.jpg

pismo.jpg

pismo-beach-1.jpg

Uncle Willy, The InnKeeper #3
06 Rubicon locked and loaded....
NEVERSWEAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
Comanche_

My grandparent are down there. He said it's poured rain and trees were blowing down in the RV park. He said they were haveing to sit in the RV and hope they didetn have to evacuate like they have had to do in the past.

Yesterday he said the land to the south of them was flooded.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
My grandparent are down there. He said it's poured rain and trees were blowing down in the RV park. He said they were haveing to sit in the RV and hope they didetn have to evacuate like they have had to do in the past.

Yesterday he said the land to the south of them was flooded.
He says alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
scooter
1982 CJ7 

I work a block away from Pier St. entrance,going back to 92ish the creek you cross used to follow the levee and exit to the ocean just south of the last house on the strand,the storm surges pushed the creek up against the dunes and its stayed there since. At one point I crossed the creek in my 76
4x4 burb with a 6' lift and 38`s,I hit the creek,dropped off the side and the water was almost half way up the doors,a car would have been pushed ou tto sea easily regardless of your timing. They didnt close the beach in those days it was a "if ya got the nads go for it "till trucks started washing out in the surf line and became environmentally uncool a well as a few killed with tow rope or winch cable gilloutenes attempting to recover the vehicle. Heck back then you could drive to the Devils slide which was some 13 miles south of the entrance,now its what 3 miles of shore line? if you ever wanna take a trip back in time see if the old city hall on Bello st is still open as a visitor center and top in,lots of pics of the old tent cities,red light district,storm pics and the like.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I work a block away from Pier St. entrance,going back to 92ish the creek you cross used to follow the levee and exit to the ocean just south of the last house on the strand,the storm surges pushed the creek up against the dunes and its stayed there since. At one point I crossed the creek in my 76
4x4 burb with a 6' lift and 38`s,I hit the creek,dropped off the side and the water was almost half way up the doors,a car would have been pushed ou tto sea easily regardless of your timing. They didnt close the beach in those days it was a "if ya got the nads go for it "till trucks started washing out in the surf line and became environmentally uncool a well as a few killed with tow rope or winch cable gilloutenes attempting to recover the vehicle. Heck back then you could drive to the Devils slide which was some 13 miles south of the entrance,now its what 3 miles of shore line? if you ever wanna take a trip back in time see if the old city hall on Bello st is still open as a visitor center and top in,lots of pics of the old tent cities,red light district,storm pics and the like.
Scooter, your the first person in a few decades that has mentioned devils slide. I still have the "Bigfoot" 1977 F-250 with 44's that I used to take up the slide. I rented paddles, uncorked my headers and slammed that hill! I had wind wings open on truck which acted like two funnels and put 8" of sand in cab.. but all in the name of fun. I have asked folks about that area.. they have no idea what I am talking about as if it were thirty five years past or something!!
It has been closed now by tree huggers for over 20 years I guess. They closed that beach so fast it was unbelievable.. basically on a whim....the day before! The water in the river shapeshifted the sands while we were there.

I figured worse case scenario would be throwing a rope, dragging wire rope from winch, then a pendulum across the current off anchored truck whichever/whatever it would take to get out. Just like any other swift water rescue we have dealt with.. just a little bigger.

We are going back over within the next month.. hopefully a little (light) rain will really make it a party zone. We go through the early week when the sand is clean and clear of flesh gates..er, oops, I mean people..

You want to go out with us.. PM me I will get in touch when we get close. I have a friend in Nipomo with a ranch and tons of firewood thats also available. he has an 05 Rubi that he loves to take out. ...circle the wagons and have a fire... we dooooooo have some fun
laterz
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I live in the High Desert, and it's not much of a desert right now.. It looks for like a samp because everything is still flooded. We had no school on Friday because they closed it due to the weather.
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know that high desert area pretty well . from Ridgecrest/Trona down into redrock over into jawbone, Kelso up the Piutes all the way down through Cal City past Lancaster/ Palmdale area. All through the Mojave area also. Then back up around the mountains toward Cache creek near Tehachapi farther over towards Bean canyon. I grew up with motorbikes ,camping out among the critters and mesquite brush. Now it has become even more expansive.. Tahoe, to lower Sierras ...Coyote, Ducey, all up and arounf the Rockhouse Basin, Domeland wildrness area. On goes the story on rides the trails.

Give it a few days on the DG ( decomposed granite) it will dry up, give you grip and the party continues.
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

I never liked going to Pismo to wheel. I don't find it fun to have to be on the lookout for all the idiots that go there as well. I miss going off road been way to long since I got laid off and haven't had a chance to toss money at the jeep. Last time it rained this much I was living in San Diego and went out to Borrego Springs and had a blast with my truck. Always a fun time when you shouldn't cross water because its to deep and flowing to fast.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
scooter
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERSWEAT View Post
I know that high desert area pretty well . from Ridgecrest/Trona down into redrock over into jawbone, Kelso up the Piutes all the way down through Cal City past Lancaster/ Palmdale area. All through the Mojave area also. Then back up around the mountains toward Cache creek near Tehachapi farther over towards Bean canyon. I grew up with motorbikes ,camping out among the critters and mesquite brush. Now it has become even more expansive.. Tahoe, to lower Sierras ...Coyote, Ducey, all up and arounf the Rockhouse Basin, Domeland wildrness area. On goes the story on rides the trails.

Give it a few days on the DG ( decomposed granite) it will dry up, give you grip and the party continues.
I grew up in So cal myself,raced desert a bit but mosty just riding the likes of Hi Vista,Red Rock, Kelso Valley,Red Mtn etc. Things sure have changed since then with all the closed areas. Did Saline Valley Rd/area with 4 other Jeeps and Diesel RHD FJ40,done lots of Big trallie explorin past few years in DV, did Gohler Wash,Barker Ranch on a Ducati Elefant and a buddy on 04 BMW GS ADV 1150. Also hit above Fresno frequently for fishing and some kayaking/fishing/wheelin etc. I wanna say your Bigfoot truck sound familiar,but hell anymore I cant remember my own phone number ya know. If you have any interest in spring time runs to DV let me know. Curiuous where abouts in Ca you are.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #10
CaliJeep
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thantos858 View Post
I never liked going to Pismo to wheel. I don't find it fun to have to be on the lookout for all the idiots that go there as well. I miss going off road been way to long since I got laid off and haven't had a chance to toss money at the jeep. Last time it rained this much I was living in San Diego and went out to Borrego Springs and had a blast with my truck. Always a fun time when you shouldn't cross water because its to deep and flowing to fast.
Holy crap! I thought I was the only Santa Maria Jeep here! Everytime I mention this place to someone around town driving a jeep, they haven't a clue! Nice to know I'm not the only one here...
CaliJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliJeep View Post
Holy crap! I thought I was the only Santa Maria Jeep here! Everytime I mention this place to someone around town driving a jeep, they haven't a clue! Nice to know I'm not the only one here...
I'm surprised by that being that there are a couple nice rigs right around my house but I haven't pulled my jeep out of my inlaws backyard to bring it over here will be doing it soon. At least Ill have a spot to work on her. What part of Santa Maria are you in?
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
NEVERSWEAT
Northman

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im in Bako.. about 2 hours east of Pismo. we are going to try and get over there later in feb. To get there after a light rain would be about as good as it gets. The sand was perfect! The sun was out, light breeze and no flesh gates. Perfect!
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
Comanche_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinitous View Post
He says alot.
He will talk untill your ears bleed. Never runs out of things to talk about.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.