Phone signal booster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Phone signal booster

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Phone signal booster

Does anyone know how i can boost the signal on my iphone? Like i just need a tiny bit...If i hold it just right and turn it write then i can get signal enough to send stuff. So its so close just not quite enough....Do any of those stick on signal boosters work? I wouldnt want to stick it on my phone but i could sick it on the inside of my case....Or what else? Any ideas are great im going crazy...

Ps...Im in the middle of a very large brick/metal building. It works just fine everywhere else....

Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
WSPAN1C
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My uncle used to have some kind of booster think it was from radio shack. No idea what kind model or name it was thou.
Congrats bro, I had to go once too, real bad. I was leaving class, and as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot I went, in my shorts. I couldn't hold it in. It was horrible. I drove 20 minutes home with my *** hovering 3 inches off my seat, I didn't want to smear it all over. It still smeared. When I got home, I showered. No joke.

This happened last summer (2008), I was 24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
A steak that is good, sauce it needs not.
WSPAN1C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

bump
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

I bought a stick on one and it's just enough to boost the signal at my cabin so I can text and occasionally phone out/answer when ringing. Got it from the "as seen on TV " store, BUT make sure there is one in the box before leaving the counter]
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

I know this may sound weird, but it works. Hold the tip of your phone to your chin. Your head amplifies the signal somehow. Idk how it works, I just know it does for when I really need it (i.e. sending a message in my basement or something of that nature)

Brandon
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
jb4
1998 TJ Wrangler 

AT&T 3G MicroCell™
jb4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I know this may sound weird, but it works. Hold the tip of your phone to your chin. Your head amplifies the signal somehow. Idk how it works, I just know it does for when I really need it (i.e. sending a message in my basement or something of that nature)

Brandon
That works for keyless entry fobs also...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
AT&T Apple Iphone
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
Steve01WJ
2005 WK 

If you can connect to wi-fi im pretty sure it will work that way

05 WK 5.7 Limited QD2
Steve01WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
IAJack

Wireless Extenders YX-300 zBoost Cell Signal Booster - eBay (item 220533661912 end time Jan-06-10 19:16:39 PST)

Wi-Ex :: YX300
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

ok deff cant have anything that plugs in or anything...or a big box like that....i mean is there a setting i can change somewhere to boost it a little (i dont mind loosing battery life) or do those stick on things really work? would they work if i stuck it to my case...I dont want to stick one to my phone....

BTW i took the case off today and set it on my desk and it worked a little better.....Like i have to hold it in just the right spot to get the signal...but then i can move it to my desk haha So yeah it sucked
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post

Brandon
If you have no exposed antenna, it could be two things.

if your phone doesn't have exposed metal on its outer case, many phones have the antenna in the bottom, not the top, so turning it up might make it easier for it to transmit, or:

if there is exposed metal on the case, touching it to your chin might use you as a signal booster because of the conductive connection through the skin. doesn't make sense? Think about a radio antenna:

on those cheap, small radios you can buy, if it's a bit fuzzy and you grasp or touch the antenna with a bare finger, often times the sound gets clearer. This is because your body is acting as an extension to the antenna, giving it better signal clarity.
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.