JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Phone signal booster (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/phone-signal-booster-940481/)

Arcticcat843 01-04-2010 05:36 PM

Phone signal booster

Does anyone know how i can boost the signal on my iphone? Like i just need a tiny bit...If i hold it just right and turn it write then i can get signal enough to send stuff. So its so close just not quite enough....Do any of those stick on signal boosters work? I wouldnt want to stick it on my phone but i could sick it on the inside of my case....Or what else? Any ideas are great im going crazy...

Ps...Im in the middle of a very large brick/metal building. It works just fine everywhere else....

WSPAN1C 01-04-2010 06:05 PM

My uncle used to have some kind of booster think it was from radio shack. No idea what kind model or name it was thou.

Arcticcat843 01-05-2010 01:01 AM

bump :D

carnuck 01-05-2010 01:31 AM

I bought a stick on one and it's just enough to boost the signal at my cabin so I can text and occasionally phone out/answer when ringing. Got it from the "as seen on TV " store, BUT make sure there is one in the box before leaving the counter]

H3RTCH 01-05-2010 10:58 AM

I know this may sound weird, but it works. Hold the tip of your phone to your chin. Your head amplifies the signal somehow. Idk how it works, I just know it does for when I really need it (i.e. sending a message in my basement or something of that nature)

:tea:

Brandon

jb4 01-05-2010 11:05 AM

AT&T 3G MicroCell™

BRad704 01-05-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 8624453)
I know this may sound weird, but it works. Hold the tip of your phone to your chin. Your head amplifies the signal somehow. Idk how it works, I just know it does for when I really need it (i.e. sending a message in my basement or something of that nature)

Brandon

That works for keyless entry fobs also...

carnuck 01-05-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb4 (Post 8624491)

AT&T Apple Iphone :2thumbsup:

Steve01WJ 01-05-2010 09:06 PM

If you can connect to wi-fi im pretty sure it will work that way

IAJack 01-05-2010 09:16 PM

Wireless Extenders YX-300 zBoost Cell Signal Booster - eBay (item 220533661912 end time Jan-06-10 19:16:39 PST)

Wi-Ex :: YX300

Arcticcat843 01-05-2010 10:15 PM

ok deff cant have anything that plugs in or anything...or a big box like that....i mean is there a setting i can change somewhere to boost it a little (i dont mind loosing battery life) or do those stick on things really work? would they work if i stuck it to my case...I dont want to stick one to my phone....

BTW i took the case off today and set it on my desk and it worked a little better.....Like i have to hold it in just the right spot to get the signal...but then i can move it to my desk haha So yeah it sucked

Tarukai 01-06-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 8624453)

Brandon

If you have no exposed antenna, it could be two things.

if your phone doesn't have exposed metal on its outer case, many phones have the antenna in the bottom, not the top, so turning it up might make it easier for it to transmit, or:

if there is exposed metal on the case, touching it to your chin might use you as a signal booster because of the conductive connection through the skin. doesn't make sense? Think about a radio antenna:

on those cheap, small radios you can buy, if it's a bit fuzzy and you grasp or touch the antenna with a bare finger, often times the sound gets clearer. This is because your body is acting as an extension to the antenna, giving it better signal clarity.

The time now is 06:22 PM.