Pepboys really ARE stupid!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Pepboys really ARE stupid!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 04-11-2002, 08:58 PM   #1
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

Pepboys really ARE stupid!!

I got my wheels put on today, and I'm watching with a salesman through the window as it gets lowered and watching to make sure they will clear (31's at stock height) and he was like "its close" and I said "Yeah, well it will do for now, and I can always get a shackle lift later" He goes "Won't a shackle lift make it lower?" I almost slapped him. I was like "Think about it num nuts, *lift*"

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2002, 09:51 PM   #2
AllanAlxndr

quote:
Originally posted by MusicMaverick:
I got my wheels put on today, and I'm watching with a salesman through the window as it gets lowered and watching to make sure they will clear (31's at stock height) and he was like "its close" and I said "Yeah, well it will do for now, and I can always get a shackle lift later" He goes "Won't a shackle lift make it lower?" I almost slapped him. I was like "Think about it num nuts, *lift*"

They certainly don't put the brightest in there now do they? [Wink]
Allan

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2002, 10:00 PM   #3
CB89XJ

He was prolly thinking of those low rider Chevys. If you add a longer shackle to them it does lower them. I have my beef w/ PoopBoys too.

www.bmja.org
CB89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:49 AM   #4
4wheeler4CJ

They put a tire on backwards on a car I took there 8 years ago. All white letters were out except one, friggin idiots. I had to have them redo it. Never been back.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 04:53 PM   #5
KG4PAM

a place that has even sorrier employees is radio shack- most of them dont know the difference between a capacitor and a resistor
KG4PAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:02 PM   #6
CJ Lover

Sounds like the guys at my local NAPA. I went in to get a new harmonic balancer and they swore up and down that I had to buy a whole new crank shaft assembly. I had to look up the balancer myself to show it to them. People like that shouldnt be allowed to work in auto parts stores.
Unread 04-14-2002, 08:00 PM   #7
Travis

Pepboy's employees are geniuses compared to my local AutoZone. Those gals are really stupid! Yes most of them are women and not the kind that work on their vehicles. If they were at least hot I wouldn't *****!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #8
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

I KNOW RIGHT? Advanced when they first opened had alot of girls that knew nothing, they eventually got fired cuz they were so stupid and replaced them with semi-knowlegeable staff

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 08:49 PM   #9
puddle jumper

I manage an auto parts store and its good to see no-one complain about my company yet. You can't judge an entire company by the employees at one store. Although there are quite a few unqualified people standing behind the parts counter at parts stores across the nation. Training and experience are the key. Ask for an ASE certified parts person the next time you enter a parts store. I have 5 ase certified counter men and assure you they can handle any question you throw at them.

86 CJ-7

At the body shop for resto
Waiting for Mods
PICS to come
puddle jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 09:06 PM   #10
4wheeler4CJ

No offense, puddle jumper, because I know you are trying to do the right thing, and I commend you for it [Wink] , but, for the record, I have dealt with many "ASE Certified" "Mechanics" that are total dopes. Training/Studying just isn't a replacement for experience/knowledge.

Like I said, no offense, I'm sure your parts store is well above average!
Unread 04-16-2002, 07:23 AM   #11
CETROV

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I work at a Dealership- Trained techs by the factory, Well I can tell you- some of them are LAME. I end up doing some of the repairs or diagnostic work because they are lazy and don't give a damn. I have to keep the customers coming back so I end up working alot more than I should have to. Each person is different- One of our parts counter guys doesn't know a crank from a cam. Just depends on who you get!!!
Unread 04-22-2002, 06:07 PM   #12
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/2M16.gif
i hope you double checked your lugs on that jeep.
i once had tires put on there and later found out that two rims were not torqued properly.
i had already driven 2000 miled.
i guess it's my fault for not following up on the flunkies work...
lol

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2002, 06:34 PM   #13
blackjeep

i know what you mean i bought a spare rim there and got them to mount my 33 inch badly worn spare tire on it and they put about 5 wheel weights on the front of the rim, that really looks good, i made them redo it
Unread 04-22-2002, 09:21 PM   #14
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I once heard a story from a EMT that a tire tech guy from a tire store got his hand caught in the tire changer. A few hours later they got called back to the same store when the same guy was showing his friends how he did and got it caught again.
Unread 04-23-2002, 09:00 AM   #15
4wheeler4CJ

Holy Sh*t, dumb!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.