Pawn Shop Stereo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Pawn Shop Stereo

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Pawn Shop Stereo

Hey guys,

Long story short, I live in a house with 3 other dudes, we have a pretty decent entertainment setup centered around a 55" flat screen.

We have a couple very nice, probably 3-4', Sony stack speakers but we need a receiver to pair them to for when we want louder volume for parties/bonfires etc.

What do you guys think I could get a decent receiver for at a local pawn shop? I've never really payed attention, I've only bought guitars at pawn shops. Craigslist is hit or miss and that stuff isn't registered to see if it's stolen or not like the shops around here.

I'm not looking for any high fidelity stuff, do you guys think a cheapo receiver would work for us? College budgets have a tendency to limit our options.

The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cheapo is fine, just make sure it has enough channel wattage to push your speakers plus a little more for overhead.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Cheapo is fine, just make sure it has enough channel wattage to push your speakers plus a little more for overhead.
Thanks, I figured to do a little research on the specs of the certain model speakers we have before we grabbed one.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

I've found a number of nice home stereo's for a song in pawn shops.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There are damn few "Bad" systems anymore. Even an el cheapo with decent speakers will sound good in the background of a decent keg party.
Most pawns won't take really trashed units anyway, to find one of those you would have to look in a thrift store.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.