Patriot??? or cherokee - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Patriot??? or cherokee

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #31
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredjeep
Its also not really a Jeep if its a crossover. Jeeps are SUVs and Crossovers are Feeps (Faux Jeep).

"Jeep" is just a name......and in this case, a name brand. during WWII, there were 'Jeeps' made by Willys, Ford, etc. the "Jeep" name was trademarked by Willys so that Ford couldn't use it. over time, the "Jeep" name brand has evolved to include wagons, pickups and now SUV's. i'm sure that Jeep 'loyalists' *****ed about having 'wagons' in with the Jeep name on them and then 'pickups' but over time, they came to accept them.

if "Jeep" hadn't evolved to meet the needs and desires of the public, the "Jeep" line would have gone the way of Plymouth and Oldsmobile and then there would be no Wranglers today. an automobile manufacturer cannot survive in todays market with only ONE model of vehicle....even a Wrangler.

in my opinion, the "Jeep" line is the strongest in the Mopar lineup and has the most loyal following. we should support the entire Jeep line, not degrade it....

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #32
madrabbitt

gramps. not sure what years, but it was an option package on the TJ.
OD Green paint, blacked out wheels, white graphics package

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #33
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrabbitt
gramps. not sure what years, but it was an option package on the TJ.
OD Green paint, blacked out wheels, white graphics package

Thanks! I think that's what I'm going to look for or replicate so that the wife and I can have something to fight over when we get old.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #34
jrh

The Willys Edition was available on the 05 Sport...

Willys Edition Group
Not available with Hard Top Roof
Not available with Chrome Group
Requires Moss Pearlcoat Green
Requires Dark Slate Gray
Full Metal Doors
Deep Tinted Glass
Additional Speakers Radio Equipment
F&R Tow Hooks
Painted Styled Steel Wheels
Badging
Full Metal w/Roll-Up Windows Doors
Fog Lights
Camouflage Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Green Diamond Plate Sill Guards
Additional Speakers

There's always one parked in our high school lot, it looks sharp. Don't know is it's a student's or a teacher, but it's always there.
jrh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #35
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

COOL jrh!!! Thanks very much! I've seen one around from time to time and thought that it looked sweet. I had the wife with me a couple of weeks ago and she finally saw it and agreed that's what we want to look for.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #36
1999WJMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh
The Willys Edition was available on the 05 Sport...

Willys Edition Group
Not available with Hard Top Roof
Not available with Chrome Group
Requires Moss Pearlcoat Green
Requires Dark Slate Gray
Full Metal Doors
Deep Tinted Glass
Additional Speakers Radio Equipment
F&R Tow Hooks
Painted Styled Steel Wheels
Badging
Full Metal w/Roll-Up Windows Doors
Fog Lights
Camouflage Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Green Diamond Plate Sill Guards
Additional Speakers

There's always one parked in our high school lot, it looks sharp. Don't know is it's a student's or a teacher, but it's always there.
There is someone of JF with one

HERS - 1996 XJ Sport 4.0 HO. Stock. Purple like her...uh...soul.

Canadian Jeep Club Member#37
1999WJMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #37
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I couldn't agree more-

I've said this in other threads too- I totally agree with Jeepster55- a company can't survive on one model alone. I've seen discussions about getting rid of the Compass because it's too similar to the Patriot. I don't agree. They do have the same chasis, but I don't think they appeal to the same market. I think it would be foolish of Jeep to discontinue the Compass. I see a ton of them around town (we bought 2 Patriots, but we preferred the more classic styling and slightly bigger trunk space). But that's okay-the Compass has great styling. I almost bought one. I think that the Compass fills the void, and offers a Jeep product to people who might have been looking at a RAV 4 or CRV, but wanted to get more for their money (let's face it, they're expensive!). With the price of gas going through the roof, it's a no brainer that the more models that Jeep offers that are fuel efficient, the better! I also agree- Jeep has a great following-band together, don't bash each other!

That stuff about the Jeep histroy is very interesting! Everyone/everything started somewhere. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Patriot or the Compass. The guys at my husband's shop really liked his, and are thinking of buying them. A friend of ours is a mailman in VT-the roads aren't very good (most of them are washboard dirt roads). He got one after years of driving RAV 4s and he loves his too. My husband and I drive the 5spds. They have the smoothest clutch of any car I've had (and I've had quite a few). I never drove the CVT (and really didn't care to). We're big fans at our house, and love to tell people how great they are.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.