Parking on someone elses tires.. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Parking on someone elses tires..

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 10-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,074
Well I guess I'll go either order a new front driveshaft or just make one and then go mess with him!

__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #32
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
What's the easiest way to do with without a ramp or anything or working 4x4 (no front driveshaft)? Is it safe for his tires?

Thanks,
Alex
I hear ball joints crying in the future. Personally, I have never done this nor will I ever try. I don't like people touching my jeep, I couldn't imagine how I would feel or react if I saw someone parked on mine.

But to answer your question, front locker is needed for that much of a "elevation change" and I wouldn't do it on a pavement. Just think of the tire as a rock with great traction.

Now, what happens if your CJ can't flex ~33" up with 3 tires on the ground as most can't? Roll yours or damage his. Then what?
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #33
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
I hear ball joints crying in the future. Personally, I have never done this nor will I ever try. I don't like people touching my jeep, I couldn't imagine how I would feel or react if I saw someone parked on mine. But to answer your question, front locker is needed for that much of a "elevation change" and I wouldn't do it on a pavement. Just think of the tire as a rock with great traction. Now, what happens if your CJ can't flex ~33" up with 3 tires on the ground as most can't? Roll yours or damage his. Then what?
I've flexed it with a forklift and it was like 3.5 feet off the ground without lifting a tire.
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
95YJMountie
Senior Member
 
95YJMountie's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
I've flexed it with a forklift and it was like 3.5 feet off the ground without lifting a tire.
Id like to see a pic of this 42" flex your speaking of..
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #35
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie
Id like to see a pic of this 42" flex your speaking of..
it was definitely over 37".

image-1138428074.jpg
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,246
So, from the beginning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
What's the easiest way to do with without a ramp or anything or working 4x4 (no front driveshaft)? Is it safe for his tires?

Thanks,
Alex
Still cant believe you asked this. And it is safe for his tires but the rest of the jeep will not like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Just for fun really. And to mess with him about only having 33's.
But you have 33s also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
It's one of my friends and we always mess around with eachother. He was begging me to try the other day and I was nervous about it so I didn't.
He was begging you to do this, you didnt try (nor could you have done it), now you want "mess with him"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Now I do have full width axles. Dana 60 full floater rear and Dana 44 8 lug front. and my Dana 300 transfer case is twin sticked so I do have 2lo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Um it's just a missing front driveshaft. After the transmission, transfer case, and axle swap I need to either make one or get one made. I work 5-5 so it's kinda hard to find time for that.
So you have time to swap axles and a transfer case, but not to built or by a drive shaft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Really? Cause I beat his jeep anywhere we went off road.
Was that with the stock axles, 33s, and working 4 wheel drive? Or now with wide axles, 33s and 2wd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Never tried. I know how to. Just don't know if it will mess up his tires.
Won't mess up tires, see above and previous response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Also didn't know if there was an easier way than the common sense drive onto his tire.
Common sense: It is so rare that it's kind of like a super power these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Hahaha that's amazing! I think I'm gonna go spend a night at his house and while he's sleeping ill do it so he wakes up and goes outside and I'm on his tires.
I hope you are joking, plus you still need the front drive shaft. No time to build one, but spending hours on a joke that will have a 1 minute pay off if it works should be the priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Haha yeah well this is fun on the time that I can't go. I've been working 5-5 everyday so not much time to make it to the trails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Oh our mall looks a little different. Here's ours! Lol


Attachment 771586



Attachment 771618



Attachment 771626



Attachment 771634
I thought you couldn't make the trails....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
We have tube fenders! And trust us. They are stronnggggggg.
They might be bullet proof, but they are still bolted to weak sheet metal. Please report back when you drive on them and tell us what you have to fix for his jeep afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
Well I guess I'll go either order a new front driveshaft or just make one and then go mess with him!
Probably would be half way done if you didnt start this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
I've flexed it with a forklift and it was like 3.5 feet off the ground without lifting a tire.
That is exactly like wheeling.... just like speed bumps at the mall is like a rock garden.... Better get that Mom or her kid to spot you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
it was definitely over 37".

Attachment 774594
What happened to 3.5 feet? Did you make the shaft yet? If I worked 12 hours a day, could afford 44/60/300, I would sure as sh*t want to hit the trails to test it (unless that was what the forklift was for).
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
95YJMountie
Senior Member
 
95YJMountie's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
So, from the beginning....



Still cant believe you asked this. And it is safe for his tires but the rest of the jeep will not like it.



But you have 33s also?



He was begging you to do this, you didnt try (nor could you have done it), now you want "mess with him"?





So you have time to swap axles and a transfer case, but not to built or by a drive shaft?



Was that with the stock axles, 33s, and working 4 wheel drive? Or now with wide axles, 33s and 2wd?



Won't mess up tires, see above and previous response.



Common sense: It is so rare that it's kind of like a super power these days.



I hope you are joking, plus you still need the front drive shaft. No time to build one, but spending hours on a joke that will have a 1 minute pay off if it works should be the priority.





I thought you couldn't make the trails....



They might be bullet proof, but they are still bolted to weak sheet metal. Please report back when you drive on them and tell us what you have to fix for his jeep afterwards.



Probably would be half way done if you didnt start this thread.



That is exactly like wheeling.... just like speed bumps at the mall is like a rock garden.... Better get that Mom or her kid to spot you.



What happened to 3.5 feet? Did you make the shaft yet? If I worked 12 hours a day, could afford 44/60/300, I would sure as sh*t want to hit the trails to test it (unless that was what the forklift was for).

Thats a lot of quotes lol
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
So, from the beginning.... Still cant believe you asked this. And it is safe for his tires but the rest of the jeep will not like it. But you have 33s also? He was begging you to do this, you didnt try (nor could you have done it), now you want "mess with him"? So you have time to swap axles and a transfer case, but not to built or by a drive shaft? Was that with the stock axles, 33s, and working 4 wheel drive? Or now with wide axles, 33s and 2wd? Won't mess up tires, see above and previous response. Common sense: It is so rare that it's kind of like a super power these days. I hope you are joking, plus you still need the front drive shaft. No time to build one, but spending hours on a joke that will have a 1 minute pay off if it works should be the priority. I thought you couldn't make the trails.... They might be bullet proof, but they are still bolted to weak sheet metal. Please report back when you drive on them and tell us what you have to fix for his jeep afterwards. Probably would be half way done if you didnt start this thread. That is exactly like wheeling.... just like speed bumps at the mall is like a rock garden.... Better get that Mom or her kid to spot you. What happened to 3.5 feet? Did you make the shaft yet? If I worked 12 hours a day, could afford 44/60/300, I would sure as sh*t want to hit the trails to test it (unless that was what the forklift was for).
You're pretty stupid. Lol no I have 36's. All the trail riding was with 2wd and 36's and he had 33's and 4wd. I had time to swap axles cause I was at my old job and took a vacation.
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #39
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,074
Funny thing is he doesn't know what the **** he's tAlking about but tries his hardest to make someone feel stupid.
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #40
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
You're pretty stupid. Lol no I have 36's. All the trail riding was with 2wd and 36's and he had 33's and 4wd. I had time to swap axles cause I was at my old job and took a vacation.
Profile says 33s. I dont think I am nearly as stupid as this thread or half the post you have in here. Nearly half of your post contradict the one you make above it. I was just pointing that out. Carry on now.
__________________
Impact Orange LJ - DD...sitting low, flat bottomed, fully armored and locked on 37s

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #41
Balvar24
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rock Ridge
Posts: 5,147
I think the key is building up enough speed.
__________________
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
Alex77cj7
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Profile says 33s. I dont think I am nearly as stupid as this thread or half the post you have in here. Nearly half of your post contradict the one you make above it. I was just pointing that out. Carry on now.
Oh I'm sorry. I forgot everyone updates their profile the second they make a mod. I dont get on jeep forum on my computer often so that's why it's not really updated. I'll take care of it tonight if it makes you feel better.
__________________
Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-77-cj7-project-sleeping-beauty-1442479/#post14508634
Alex77cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
freeskier93
Web Wheeler
 
freeskier93's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Posts: 6,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
I think the key is building up enough speed.
I agree.

When in doubt, throttle out.
__________________
Build Thread
My life in 2010: Chronicles of painting my Jeep
Axle Re Gear and Swap

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #44
vanillathrilla
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,220
__________________
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #45
Ironhead
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Westchester, Illinois
Posts: 3,160
this thread was doomed from the start and i'm surprised it hasnt gotten out of control
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.