Parking on someone elses tires.. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Parking on someone elses tires..

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Well I guess I'll go either order a new front driveshaft or just make one and then go mess with him!

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #32
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77cj7 View Post
What's the easiest way to do with without a ramp or anything or working 4x4 (no front driveshaft)? Is it safe for his tires?

Thanks,
Alex
I hear ball joints crying in the future. Personally, I have never done this nor will I ever try. I don't like people touching my jeep, I couldn't imagine how I would feel or react if I saw someone parked on mine.

But to answer your question, front locker is needed for that much of a "elevation change" and I wouldn't do it on a pavement. Just think of the tire as a rock with great traction.

Now, what happens if your CJ can't flex ~33" up with 3 tires on the ground as most can't? Roll yours or damage his. Then what?

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #33
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
I hear ball joints crying in the future. Personally, I have never done this nor will I ever try. I don't like people touching my jeep, I couldn't imagine how I would feel or react if I saw someone parked on mine. But to answer your question, front locker is needed for that much of a "elevation change" and I wouldn't do it on a pavement. Just think of the tire as a rock with great traction. Now, what happens if your CJ can't flex ~33" up with 3 tires on the ground as most can't? Roll yours or damage his. Then what?
I've flexed it with a forklift and it was like 3.5 feet off the ground without lifting a tire.
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've flexed it with a forklift and it was like 3.5 feet off the ground without lifting a tire.
Id like to see a pic of this 42" flex your speaking of..
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #35
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie
Id like to see a pic of this 42" flex your speaking of..
it was definitely over 37".

image-1138428074.jpg
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, from the beginning....

Quote:
What's the easiest way to do with without a ramp or anything or working 4x4 (no front driveshaft)? Is it safe for his tires?

Thanks,
Alex
Still cant believe you asked this. And it is safe for his tires but the rest of the jeep will not like it.

Quote:
Just for fun really. And to mess with him about only having 33's.
But you have 33s also?

Quote:
It's one of my friends and we always mess around with eachother. He was begging me to try the other day and I was nervous about it so I didn't.
He was begging you to do this, you didnt try (nor could you have done it), now you want "mess with him"?

Quote:
Now I do have full width axles. Dana 60 full floater rear and Dana 44 8 lug front. and my Dana 300 transfer case is twin sticked so I do have 2lo.
Quote:
Um it's just a missing front driveshaft. After the transmission, transfer case, and axle swap I need to either make one or get one made. I work 5-5 so it's kinda hard to find time for that.
So you have time to swap axles and a transfer case, but not to built or by a drive shaft?

Quote:
Really? Cause I beat his jeep anywhere we went off road.
Was that with the stock axles, 33s, and working 4 wheel drive? Or now with wide axles, 33s and 2wd?

Quote:
Never tried. I know how to. Just don't know if it will mess up his tires.
Won't mess up tires, see above and previous response.

Quote:
Also didn't know if there was an easier way than the common sense drive onto his tire.
Common sense: It is so rare that it's kind of like a super power these days.

Quote:
Hahaha that's amazing! I think I'm gonna go spend a night at his house and while he's sleeping ill do it so he wakes up and goes outside and I'm on his tires.
I hope you are joking, plus you still need the front drive shaft. No time to build one, but spending hours on a joke that will have a 1 minute pay off if it works should be the priority.

Quote:
Haha yeah well this is fun on the time that I can't go. I've been working 5-5 everyday so not much time to make it to the trails.
Quote:
Oh our mall looks a little different. Here's ours! Lol

Attachment 771586

Attachment 771618

Attachment 771626

Attachment 771634
I thought you couldn't make the trails....

Quote:
We have tube fenders! And trust us. They are stronnggggggg.
They might be bullet proof, but they are still bolted to weak sheet metal. Please report back when you drive on them and tell us what you have to fix for his jeep afterwards.

Quote:
Well I guess I'll go either order a new front driveshaft or just make one and then go mess with him!
Probably would be half way done if you didnt start this thread.

Quote:
That is exactly like wheeling.... just like speed bumps at the mall is like a rock garden.... Better get that Mom or her kid to spot you.

Quote:
it was definitely over 37".

Attachment 774594
What happened to 3.5 feet? Did you make the shaft yet? If I worked 12 hours a day, could afford 44/60/300, I would sure as sh*t want to hit the trails to test it (unless that was what the forklift was for).

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
So, from the beginning....

Still cant believe you asked this. And it is safe for his tires but the rest of the jeep will not like it.

But you have 33s also?

He was begging you to do this, you didnt try (nor could you have done it), now you want "mess with him"?

So you have time to swap axles and a transfer case, but not to built or by a drive shaft?

Was that with the stock axles, 33s, and working 4 wheel drive? Or now with wide axles, 33s and 2wd?

Won't mess up tires, see above and previous response.

Common sense: It is so rare that it's kind of like a super power these days.

I hope you are joking, plus you still need the front drive shaft. No time to build one, but spending hours on a joke that will have a 1 minute pay off if it works should be the priority.

I thought you couldn't make the trails....

They might be bullet proof, but they are still bolted to weak sheet metal. Please report back when you drive on them and tell us what you have to fix for his jeep afterwards.

Probably would be half way done if you didnt start this thread.

That is exactly like wheeling.... just like speed bumps at the mall is like a rock garden.... Better get that Mom or her kid to spot you.

What happened to 3.5 feet? Did you make the shaft yet? If I worked 12 hours a day, could afford 44/60/300, I would sure as sh*t want to hit the trails to test it (unless that was what the forklift was for).

Thats a lot of quotes lol
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
So, from the beginning.... Still cant believe you asked this. And it is safe for his tires but the rest of the jeep will not like it. But you have 33s also? He was begging you to do this, you didnt try (nor could you have done it), now you want "mess with him"? So you have time to swap axles and a transfer case, but not to built or by a drive shaft? Was that with the stock axles, 33s, and working 4 wheel drive? Or now with wide axles, 33s and 2wd? Won't mess up tires, see above and previous response. Common sense: It is so rare that it's kind of like a super power these days. I hope you are joking, plus you still need the front drive shaft. No time to build one, but spending hours on a joke that will have a 1 minute pay off if it works should be the priority. I thought you couldn't make the trails.... They might be bullet proof, but they are still bolted to weak sheet metal. Please report back when you drive on them and tell us what you have to fix for his jeep afterwards. Probably would be half way done if you didnt start this thread. That is exactly like wheeling.... just like speed bumps at the mall is like a rock garden.... Better get that Mom or her kid to spot you. What happened to 3.5 feet? Did you make the shaft yet? If I worked 12 hours a day, could afford 44/60/300, I would sure as sh*t want to hit the trails to test it (unless that was what the forklift was for).
You're pretty stupid. Lol no I have 36's. All the trail riding was with 2wd and 36's and he had 33's and 4wd. I had time to swap axles cause I was at my old job and took a vacation.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #39
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Funny thing is he doesn't know what the **** he's tAlking about but tries his hardest to make someone feel stupid.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #40
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're pretty stupid. Lol no I have 36's. All the trail riding was with 2wd and 36's and he had 33's and 4wd. I had time to swap axles cause I was at my old job and took a vacation.
Profile says 33s. I dont think I am nearly as stupid as this thread or half the post you have in here. Nearly half of your post contradict the one you make above it. I was just pointing that out. Carry on now.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #41
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

I think the key is building up enough speed.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Profile says 33s. I dont think I am nearly as stupid as this thread or half the post you have in here. Nearly half of your post contradict the one you make above it. I was just pointing that out. Carry on now.
Oh I'm sorry. I forgot everyone updates their profile the second they make a mod. I dont get on jeep forum on my computer often so that's why it's not really updated. I'll take care of it tonight if it makes you feel better.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
I think the key is building up enough speed.
I agree.

When in doubt, throttle out.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #44
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #45
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

this thread was doomed from the start and i'm surprised it hasnt gotten out of control
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.