Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

OUTNUMBERED 500 to 1

819 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  chris87xj 
#1 ·
We are losing our access to public lands at an alarming rate.

Why is this happening? Because our pro-access organizations are WAY under funded and their membership numbers are abysmal. The Sierra Club can walk into a senator's office and say they represent 2.4 MILLION people....our own organizations can't do that. And that gives us way less voice where it matters: with our legislators who only think about potential votes.

Despite there being over 53 million OHV enthusiasts in the USA, the Sierra Club's membership base outnumbers us by about 500-1. While our organizations HAVE saved trails and are fighting tooth and nail for every inch of trail, they need YOUR HELP.

Take a quick second to add up how much money you have wrapped up in your rig.

Now add in all the $$ spent in gas, registration, smog, camping gear etc. that you had to pay for just to go wheeling.

Keeping that total dollar figure in your head: is $45 a year for Cal4 Wheel or $29 a year for the Blue Ribbon Coalition REALLY that much?

HERE IS WHAT I AM ASKING YOU TO DO RIGHT NOW:

1. Pick a pro-access organization that fits YOU.

Here's a few:

Cal4 Wheel is one of the oldest pro-access 4x4 organizations in the USA. Individual memberships are just $45 a year. You don't need to live in CA or be in a 4x4 club to join.

CA4WDA, Inc. CA4WDA Individual Membership

Or even better, Call Bonnie at Cal4 and join. (916) 381-8300 She is an AWESOME LADY.

BRC is one of the nationwide organizations, filled with people who are pro-access for not just 4x4's but dirt bikes, snowmobiles, watersports etc. Just $29 a year or $49.95 for two years.

http://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute

There is also CORVA, CORVA - Home United, UFWDA | United Four Wheel Drive Associations and many others. I don't care WHO you join....just pick one that fits you, or sign up for as many as you can afford.

2. SIGN UP (or renew) AND TELL THEM KURT SENT YOU.

Do it now. I am not getting ANYTHING in return for this, they don't even know I am doing this, but I would like to see if we can make a measurable difference with this membership drive.

3. POST UP IN THIS THREAD AND BUMP IT.

Even better: please share it on social media if you can.

Don't rely on the other guy. Our organizations need YOU.

See less See more
#3 ·
.. and while you're at it. Keep in mind your legislators are also not only focusing on votes; in fact, very rarely do they unless it's a month before election. They focus on donors. Many of those donors are just waiting for lands to be closed off to the public... they have their eye on grazing leases, lumber rights and resource access. Once they can see you tossed off your land, it's easier to grab those leases and mineral rights.

Never think you are only up against "conservation" groups; many times, those groups are actually funded by agri-business to break down the opposition that conservation won't face but business interests WOULD face.

You aren't the only people who want to use that land; you're just the only people willing to share it.

Join up and keep your eyes open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.