Other Forums Suck... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Other Forums Suck...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #31
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Every forum has their issues. Which ever you can tolerate the most is the forum for you. I can say things about JF that I don't like but why bother?

Yellow Jeep Member #42
01 TJ, HP 30/Locked, dana44/locked, 4.88's, 4in ProComp Springs, JKS 1.25 bl, JKS Trackbar, Currie Arms, RS9000XL shocks, 35x12.50 MTR Kevlars, 15x8 Soft 8's, Skyjacker Discos, Brown Dog MML, SYE, Smittybilt Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, Currie Steering, Warn x8000i
03 Jeep TJ, 1 Ton Project. 79 Dana 60/dana 70, 5.9L 360, hiline tube fenders
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #32
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I kinda beg to differ here. JF is a decent forum. However the shear amount of sub forums we have on here is just stupid. All the damn review sub forums and crap need to go. Or be condensed into one. The for sale forums set up here is terrible too. Tech here, well it's good, but it's repetitive. I see the same questions and answers a few hundred times and a lot of it is basic stuff. For good tech I spend more time on pirate. However I still read and post here regularly.

I do agree that for the most part the other auto forums (non Jeep) leave a lot to be desired. I too always look for forums every time I pick up a new vehicle or hobby. Luckily out of the three vehicles in my driveway, two are Jeeps. I have yet to find a really good forum for dodge trucks. Dodge forums is about the best I've found and the ads there are just obnoxious and the tech is lacking.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 03:16 AM   #33
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
I kinda beg to differ here. JF is a decent forum. However the shear amount of sub forums we have on here is just stupid. All the damn review sub forums and crap need to go. Or be condensed into one. The for sale forums set up here is terrible too. Tech here, well it's good, but it's repetitive. I see the same questions and answers a few hundred times and a lot of it is basic stuff. For good tech I spend more time on pirate. However I still read and post here regularly.

I do agree that for the most part the other auto forums (non Jeep) leave a lot to be desired. I too always look for forums every time I pick up a new vehicle or hobby. Luckily out of the three vehicles in my driveway, two are Jeeps. I have yet to find a really good forum for dodge trucks. Dodge forums is about the best I've found and the ads there are just obnoxious and the tech is lacking.
I just use the ad blocker thing from google chrome, I barely see ads on any website. Occasionally a couple but usually none.

What I'm having a hard time figuring out right now, is how the hell does the internet know that I feed my cat and two dogs Blue Buffalo?

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #34
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
I just use the ad blocker thing from google chrome, I barely see ads on any website. Occasionally a couple but usually none.

What I'm having a hard time figuring out right now, is how the hell does the internet know that I feed my cat and two dogs Blue Buffalo?
Easy, because you are using Chrome. Googles main business model is collecting as much data as humanly or machanically possible about you and targeting ads specifically to YOU.

And I agree, safari does block ads for the most part, but dodge forums uses these obnoxious in window pop up things. Think huffing ton post has them too. So ad and pop up blockers won't stop them. It's even worse on mobile because the add will fill the whole page and you have to try and scroll around to find the x to close it.

And as for JF, seriously, combine some of these damn sub forums! The "quick jump" scroll bar at the bottom is rediculous and takes ages to scroll thru now.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #35
CountryKid
1997 XJ Cherokee 

This forum and Dootalk are the 2 best forums on the internet.
CountryKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #36
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Easy, because you are using Chrome. Googles main business model is collecting as much data as humanly or machanically possible about you and targeting ads specifically to YOU.

And I agree, safari does block ads for the most part, but dodge forums uses these obnoxious in window pop up things. Think huffing ton post has them too. So ad and pop up blockers won't stop them. It's even worse on mobile because the add will fill the whole page and you have to try and scroll around to find the x to close it.

And as for JF, seriously, combine some of these damn sub forums! The "quick jump" scroll bar at the bottom is rediculous and takes ages to scroll thru now.
We are working on the sub forum thing. Think its annoying for you? Imagine having to move several threads per day out of GD (toward the bottom) to tech forums (near the top).
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #37
greenbeater
1968 FSJ Wagoneer 

i have been away for some time also, and can feel a bit of difference and dont really see any of the names i used to talk to, as i am sure many have moved on.. but i just got a second jeep again and am hoping to enjoy some new members as i get back into MY jeep thing!

on a side note a couple of my frequent forums used to be a local car club that fell apart, and i currently use several and was hoping to pick this one back up on a regular basis...

here are the ones that i use regular that are good places if you have what it takes... i am punny!

gpona.com for pontiac grand prix, and g8

fz6-forum.com for yamaha fz6 owners

greatlakes4x4.com an offroad forum that is more local to me/michigan

goldwingowners.com for obvious.. i just got on there last fall after i got my wing and so far it is great

fullsizechevy.com duh.. but i have had chevy trucks for several years now.. ( even though some dont consider my avalanche a truck ! )

hondashadow.net obvious, good guys but i didnt stay long as a deer decided i wanted a goldwing!

and of course jeepforum.com i just havent been here for a while!

there are a few others, but these work for me! there are others and some have great tech like pirate, but i think it is (possibly was, as i dont get on there that much) a bit of a rough crowd.

but that is about all. but being i have to grand prix's and two jeeps, some bikes, and the chevy avalanche community seems kinda dead.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.