Other Forums Suck... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Other Forums Suck...

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 02-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #16
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAB3485 View Post
So what's the story here, did I miss something? I mean, sure there is a whole section now devoted to supporting vendors, but is there more to it that I'm unaware of?
Keith sold JF to some big wig company and it's gone downhill in some aspects since. Kinda like how Bushmaster was sold to Freedom Group and Bushmaster rifles went to **** compared to what they used to be. Still good, but not like what it used to be.

I mostly stick to YJ Tech these days, that or lurk around in WGD. Especially since a lot of the old cliques kinda dispersed or stopped hanging out around here.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #17
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Especially since a lot of the old cliques kinda dispersed or stopped hanging out around here.
This has been what I see as the biggest problem. A lot of the who's who from 09 and 10 aren't on here anymore at all. Definitely less entertainment these days.

Also, the lack of big giveaways hasn't helped anything.
EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #18
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
This has been what I see as the biggest problem. A lot of the who's who from 09 and 10 aren't on here anymore at all. Definitely less entertainment these days.

That's my main problem with what's happened in the past couple years. There was the group I'd dick around with. Group trolling the forum was fun while it lasted but those days are over. A lot of us haven't been active with anything Jeep related for a while now. Pretty much everybody in that group got some kind of ban at some point except me... I don't know how but I made it through unscathed.

But a lot of the old crews that gave us all a good read when we were bored at work or whatever just kinda moved on. That and the Jeep gods aren't really posting as much these days.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Leave it to the Canadians

But seriously, the giveaways were huge while they were here. I guess Keith saw the worth of the forum and went out on top
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post

Leave it to the Canadians

But seriously, the giveaways were huge while they were here. I guess Keith saw the worth of the forum and went out on top
The first part really isn't their fault though. It's just been a gradual decline.
EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This is my biggest ***** about the new owners, my small club forum doesn't have this problem. Everyone post in this thread and lets see if they will fix it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/my...29/?highlight=
Unread 03-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #22
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAB3485 View Post
Ok, been a JF member for damn near 10 years now. A lot has changed in that time, I personally no longer own a Jeep, but we still have my wife's WJ.

Now we also have a Toyota Tundra, a Toyota Celica, and a Yamaha YZF600R, (and previously I had a Scion TC)...And naturally I have joined forums for each of these vehicles.

These forums all suck. Way less tech info, and much crappier banter in the "general" forums, if they even have them.

I suppose that means I'll be spending more time on here, especially in the general discussion forum.

Ok, carry about your business.
I really liked that bike! Care to share any pictures of yours?

Here's what mine (1998) looked like, just before I sold it, with 32k miles on the odometer. As you can tell from the rims, I rode a lot more than I cleaned!

Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #23
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I will agree that JF isn't quite what it use to be in my first few years on.

I still get on because because I like to keep up with the folks in YJ Tech and it provides a jeep fix when my hands are tied messing with mine.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #24
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
This is my biggest ***** about the new owners, my small club forum doesn't have this problem. Everyone post in this thread and lets see if they will fix it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/my...29/?highlight=
Because posting in a thread nobody reads is gonna fix things. You're better off signing one of those petitions on whitehouse.gov.
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #25
yjislander
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I randomly log in and lurk around for the first time in a few years and was wondering where some of the more frequent posters and entertaining members were. When did keith sell?
penaties™
cought™
buissinesses™
mabey™
seel™
come'in™

Christian Jeeper #4

92 Yj on 32's
2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I'm so poor, I bought a hooker then beat her up and took my fake money back.
yjislander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #26
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay View Post
I really liked that bike! Care to share any pictures of yours?

Here's what mine (1998) looked like, just before I sold it, with 32k miles on the odometer. As you can tell from the rims, I rode a lot more than I cleaned!

Jay
It's pretty rough right now, the previous owner kind of jacked it up and botched the repair. Here is how it sits right now

But these just arrived for me yesterday, and I've got a whole mess of other new parts to make this thing pretty again.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #27
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett View Post
Honestly, the old avenger/sebring forums of early 00s to about 06ish were the best I was ever on,.

LOL I used to be on an Avenger forum! That was my first car in HS, slow as crap but I loved it.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #28
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post

LOL I used to be on an Avenger forum! That was my first car in HS, slow as crap but I loved it.
ASEC or ASOG? I was on both as LordofChaos back in the day. I have had a sebring and 2 avengers, and I kind of want another one...
Unread 03-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #29
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, I've not been very active since 2010ish, but can tell the changes. I've not been doing much with my Jeeps the last few years since they like to eat money. I've got a Honda Civic for gas, and have checked the 8th Gen forums for that, and they are okay, but not near as easy to get info on, work on, or find good aftermarket stuff for without knowing Japanese.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #30
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett View Post

ASEC or ASOG? I was on both as LordofChaos back in the day. I have had a sebring and 2 avengers, and I kind of want another one...
I was on ASOG I think. I don't even remember my user ID haha. My avenger wasn't much at all, though it made it through 3 brothers as their first car before it gave up the ghost due to it running out of oil.

It burnt oil like a MF before it died.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.