Other Forums Suck... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Other Forums Suck...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Other Forums Suck...

Ok, been a JF member for damn near 10 years now. A lot has changed in that time, I personally no longer own a Jeep, but we still have my wife's WJ.

Now we also have a Toyota Tundra, a Toyota Celica, and a Yamaha YZF600R, (and previously I had a Scion TC)...And naturally I have joined forums for each of these vehicles.

These forums all suck. Way less tech info, and much crappier banter in the "general" forums, if they even have them.

I suppose that means I'll be spending more time on here, especially in the general discussion forum.

Ok, carry about your business.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I agree. Of all the forum's I've been a part of throughout my internet-life, JF has been/is the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

was.....

Before Keith sold out!!!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
02WJneedslift

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAB3485 View Post
Ok, been a JF member for damn near 10 years now. A lot has changed in that time, I personally no longer own a Jeep, but we still have my wife's WJ.

Now we also have a Toyota Tundra, a Toyota Celica, and a Yamaha YZF600R, (and previously I had a Scion TC)...And naturally I have joined forums for each of these vehicles.

These forums all suck. Way less tech info, and much crappier banter in the "general" forums, if they even have them.

I suppose that means I'll be spending more time on here, especially in the general discussion forum.

Ok, carry about your business.
Funny you posted this thread. On one of my other forums Im on (a honda forum) we where discussing something like this.

A lot of folks pay other poeple to do the work for them or do it for a living and dont want to pass the info along
Unread 02-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #5
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02WJneedslift View Post
Funny you posted this thread. On one of my other forums Im on (a honda forum) we where discussing something like this.

A lot of folks pay other poeple to do the work for them or do it for a living and dont want to pass the info along
I'm sure it helps that at least until a few years ago, especially if you had a 4.0, Jeeps generally didn't require any crazy tools to work on, and were fairly straight forward, where a lot of other cars these days have jobs that the average garage mechanic can't even do for themselves.

That, and like you said, people are kind of lazy now days.

Unread 02-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
was.....

Before Keith sold out!!!

This.
Unread 02-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
This.
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
02WJneedslift

Quote:
I'm sure it helps that at least until a few years ago, especially if you had a 4.0, Jeeps generally didn't require any crazy tools to work on, and were fairly straight forward, where a lot of other cars these days have jobs that the average garage mechanic can't even do for themselves.

That, and like you said, people are kind of lazy now days.
Me I am to cheap to pay someone else to do something I can do on my own.

Now i do leave alighments and machine work to the pros. I helped a guy out with is race car and he showed me how to set toe and camber with just a tape measure and some math lol.

I love working on my own stuff and sharing the info.

I guess they dont call them stealerships for nothing then right?
Unread 02-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #9
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

I've found that forums that deal with vintage vehicles such as mustangs, IH's, LC's, ETC, as well as the hot rod forums are all about spreading the wealth.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #10
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
I have been a member of Pennock's Fiero forum for eleven years. The whole forum is great ... General, Tech, and especially T/OT (totally off topic of Fieros = general discussion). Many long time members from all walks of life. Age, life experiences, political bents, religious leanings. Everything gets talked about. A well behaved group who have over time become to be friends regardless of the differing of opinions. The forum is self moderated. The owner (from the Netherlands, hence the nl in the url address) technically is the moderator and he will step in in extreme cases. It is family/work friendly. There are no annoying ads, there used to be none.
The discussions cover all areas of interest. There are probably twenty new discussions started every day.

Here is a link. http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/fo...er=6&SUBMIT=Go
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
was.....

Before Keith sold out!!!
So what's the story here, did I miss something? I mean, sure there is a whole section now devoted to supporting vendors, but is there more to it that I'm unaware of?

Unread 02-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #12
nwiTJdave

I browse a Ferrari forum when I'm feeling down. It reminds me that I'm not trying to compensate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #13
nixer600

I frequent a few "good forums" Miata.net, jeepforum, theamcforum, pirate.

My crohns forum has allot of tech but I'm guessing most of you don't care about that type of tech.
nixer600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #14
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Honestly, the old avenger/sebring forums of early 00s to about 06ish were the best I was ever on, I still talk to half of the more regular posters from there on facebook and many of us still meet up when in the areas others live in. Been to several member's weddings, went to another state to get a tat from one guy, and helped that same one remodel his house that is 5hrs away from me over the course of several weekends where I drove over after work friday and spent the weekend there. Just had a huge bonding experience on those 2 forums and man just a lot of fun.

Jeep forum is a close second to those though and I want to get out and meet more people from here and do stuff with everyone. And most of the modern mopar forums I have been on are not as bad as import forums, the LX Forums for my magnum is full of tech and cool people even if I have not done as much with them IRL, and when I had my dakota and was on the dakota durango forum it was cool too but both of those had less fun general chats than jeepforum IMO.
Unread 02-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #15
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hate on JF and how Keith sold out but I have met a lot of good people on here that I still talk to on a daily basis on Facebook/text/whatever. Few of us are on Xbox almost every night still ever since that giant xbox 360 thread was made back in 09. Used to hang out with one of the guys on a pretty regular basis before I moved down here to NC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.