Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

opinions on Oakton Community college?

570 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  nwiTJdave 
#1 ·
What do you think of Oakton cc compared to other cc's? I have to take 4 science courses and I opted for the cc route but this is the only cc that I know of cuz im new to this area. So are there other better cc's around here or is this school an ok school or what??
(i know theres official reviews etc but im interested in local opinions) thanks

#2 ·
Are you talking about the one in Des Plaines, IL?

I don't know anything about it, other than my first university mistakenly put a class from there on my transcript about 20 years ago. I think that class was very easy, since I never went there.

You'll get cheaper tuition rates if you go to the one that is local. The ones that I can name off the top of my head, within driving distance: Elgin Community College, Harper College, College of DuPage, College of Lake County, Kishwaukee, etc. There are a ton. I don't think there is too much of a difference. Community college is community college. Get the credits and move on.

#3 ·
ya I know cc is cc but theres always some crappy ones and nice (or nicer) ones, especialy when you know nothing about the areas .. do any of those that you mentioned offer 4 any 4-year degrees ( not that im doing that, but the nicer cc's seem to offer some limited bachelors)
thanks for the answer btw

#5 ·
Community colleges don't offer 4 year degrees. Harper is trying to, but I don't think it has happened yet.

If you want a BA/BS eventually, just make sure the credits transfer. If you get an AA, they should pretty much take the credits anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.