One of the Worst Images to come out of Hurricane Sandy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > One of the Worst Images to come out of Hurricane Sandy

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Scottso699
2006 WK 

One of the Worst Images to come out of Hurricane Sandy

Saw this on my Local new site - this is a poor YJ that got battered by Sandy down in Mantaloking. This post by the way is a Satire... I work down there and there are many worse images but thought it was appropriate for Jeepforum...

rolled-jeep.jpg

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
TheEddie

Flip it back over and fold the windshield down! I bet it'd run!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
Flip it back over and fold the windshield down! I bet it'd run!
x2... all I really see is a Jeep taking a rest and getting some sun on the beach.
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

looks like a great start for a ground up crawler build with tons, exo cage, hemi, coil overs.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Exactly - see this is why I thought this picture was appropriate for this forum! What the owner may have seen as the end of his good old jeep we just see as a starting point for a dedicated trail rig!

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great chance for the owner to do a headlight swap .

In all seriousness, I agree with above posts. Fliper over, turn the key, I bet it'll drive away.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour

In all seriousness, I agree with above posts. Fliper over, turn the key, I bet it'll drive away.
Unfortunately I know where this picture was taken and the jeep was probably also under 4-5 feet of water... So it may be a bit water logged and rusted by now. A guy I know who has a Cherokee with 8 inches and 35s left his jeep at his house about 5 miles inland where he lives (lived) on the bay and he has water in his cup holders when he finally got back to it days later. The jeep was a total loss - everything is being stripped and put on another Cherokee.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
KM346
2004 WJ 

Always hate seeing stuff like this... All the good cars/trucks from the 90's are getting harder and harder to find.
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

All I see is a pile of good useful parts!

'99 Wrangler Sport: 2.5" Old Man Emo lift and shocks, adjustable trackbars, Quick-Disko sway links, rollin on 31" BFG A/Ts
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottso699 View Post
Unfortunately I know where this picture was taken and the jeep was probably also under 4-5 feet of water... So it may be a bit water logged and rusted by now. A guy I know who has a Cherokee with 8 inches and 35s left his jeep at his house about 5 miles inland where he lives (lived) on the bay and he has water in his cup holders when he finally got back to it days later. The jeep was a total loss - everything is being stripped and put on another Cherokee.
That sucks. I know a lot of people by the south shore (Long Island) who literally couldn't find their vehicles after Sandy.

I was fishing with my buddy in one of the bays and we were constantly hitting new wrecks, I bet some were cars.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
That sucks. I know a lot of people by the south shore (Long Island) who literally couldn't find their vehicles after Sandy.

I was fishing with my buddy in one of the bays and we were constantly hitting new wrecks, I bet some were cars.
I know exactly what you mean - about 2 months ago they pulled a Mercedes E class out of the bay that had been sunk since October (see picture). I read that there are still about 30-40 cars that are still "missing" from the Mantaloking to Seaside Area!
sunken-benz.jpg

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM346 View Post
Always hate seeing stuff like this... All the good cars/trucks from the 90's are getting harder and harder to find.
Yeah no ****! Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a 90s model Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins and a manual transmission? Jesus...

And people think their ****'s made of gold when they do sell it.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I heard there were still missing cars as well. I want to go find one lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

I'd wheel it. My first ZJ was in my shop when it burnt down in Feb. 2007, it got so hot that the Jeep letters in the front bubbled up and split the copper colored metal foil around them. Not only that but it was like -3 out when it happened and the fire department thought it would be good to put like 10 inches of water/ice inside of the jeep through it's open windows. To this day that Jeep still drives great with minimal electrical issues that they all get. (battery draw, and short inside of the VIC)
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
Why? It's not like they are broken and look round
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.