One weekend in the woods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > One weekend in the woods

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Closed Thread
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
ian_ellis

One weekend in the woods

Well it was Saturday night when Me, My Brother, and a few other friends took our 3 jeeps to our favorite place. Upon arrival we come to find that the normal entrance has 4-5 foot holes dug out all around so we cant get in...Luckily one of my friends lives close by, so I call him up and ask him if there is another way in, 2 minutes later hes there taking us down a little path that is meant for fourwheelers.

So once in the place we do our offroad thing, climb a few hills, go threw mud, and make a bonfire.

So we all leave and two of my friends say their gonna stay for about an hour. Thats fine blah blah...I take these girls home and I go back out to my friends house.

I get a call at about 12:00 AM and its my brother telling me that my friends got the Jeep Wrangler stuck and hes gonna try to pull him out, so I figure ok they'll be home in a few minutes...I get a call at about 12:30 and they tell me that my brother is now stuck and they need MY help.
So I go to the rescue thinking I'll have them both out in a matter of minutes, I pulled my brother out no problem( by the way I have a Cherokee and so does my brother).

Once I finally get a look at the Wrangler it comes to my surprise that it is COMPLETELY striaght up and down in one of the holes that was dug out.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So I hook up to it to see what I'm up against and I give it a light tug from my Jeep, It didn't buge.

I luckily had some machetie's in the back of my Jeep so it made digging a little easier, we finally got alot dug out from under it and I pull it and it didn't move. So I tell my brother to back off and Im about to yank the Jeep(we're using a chain that's why I told him to back off)
I pull and He moves about a foot and 2 back wheels are still in the air, then we dig some more, and I get 3 wheels on the ground.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then we dig somemore and all wheels are on the ground. But he is sitting frame onto the ground.
We dig out the dirt and I have to yank his jeep 3-4 more times before we break him out of the hole completely.

And through all this all thats messed up is the left plastive peice of his bumper which you can barely see.

Then I jumped in my jeep and looked at the clock and it said 4:30...Yes 4:30 AM.

We all went home and just went to sleep, didnt even take showers.

Unread 01-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ellis
Well it was Saturday night when Me, My Brother, and a few other friends took our 3 jeeps to our favorite place. Upon arrival we come to find that the normal entrance has 4-5 foot holes dug out all around so we cant get in...Luckily one of my friends lives close by, so I call him up and ask him if there is another way in, 2 minutes later hes there taking us down a little path that is meant for fourwheelers.

So once in the place we do our offroad thing, climb a few hills, go threw mud, and make a bonfire.

So we all leave and two of my friends say their gonna stay for about an hour. Thats fine blah blah...I take these girls home and I go back out to my friends house.

I get a call at about 12:00 AM and its my brother telling me that my friends got the Jeep Wrangler stuck and hes gonna try to pull him out, so I figure ok they'll be home in a few minutes...I get a call at about 12:30 and they tell me that my brother is now stuck and they need MY help.
So I go to the rescue thinking I'll have them both out in a matter of minutes, I pulled my brother out no problem( by the way I have a Cherokee and so does my brother).

Once I finally get a look at the Wrangler it comes to my surprise that it is COMPLETELY striaght up and down in one of the holes that was dug out.

So I hook up to it to see what I'm up against and I give it a light tug from my Jeep, It didn't buge.

I luckily had some machetie's in the back of my Jeep so it made digging a little easier, we finally got alot dug out from under it and I pull it and it didn't move. So I tell my brother to back off and Im about to yank the Jeep(we're using a chain that's why I told him to back off)

I pull and He moves about a foot and 2 back wheels are still in the air, then we dig some more, and I get 3 wheels on the ground.

Then we dig somemore and all wheels are on the ground. But he is sitting frame onto the ground.

We dig out the dirt and I have to yank his jeep 3-4 more times before we break him out of the hole completely.

And through all this all thats messed up is the left plastive peice of his bumper which you can barely see.

Then I jumped in my jeep and looked at the clock and it said 4:30...Yes 4:30 AM.

We all went home and just went to sleep, didnt even take showers.
Click Free
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
ian_ellis

how do you do that?
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

You have to be a member for more than 30 days and have more than 50 tecincal post
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
ian_ellis

oh ok i only have the time requirement.
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Archer36
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know what have been worse, the feeling of having it stuck, or when you are driving along and you suddenly feel the front of you jeep go WAY down!
Unread 01-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ellis
oh ok i only have the time requirement.
Yep, you need to get to posting, only 33 more
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #8
xj5399
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i hate getting stuck with girls in the car... they always ofer to help and they come up withthe dumbest ideas on how to get unstuck... they prolly do it on purpose haha
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
BeachinXJ
Resident McGeek

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You would think the giant holes would have kept you out of an area that obviously someone doesn't want you wheeling in...
Join the XJ Owners Club | Download the iMarn® iPhone App!
SIRA 4x4 Offroad Association
Rule #1 - No talking about the weather!
Homepage | Jeepspace Group|Twitter!|Facebook
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

I bet those holes were dug there by the property owner to keep people from wheeling on his property

I am giving the official signal:

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

:suicide:
VT
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #12
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

Wayne, how's the 44 working out for you?

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #13
xj 98/yj 94
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinUpXJ
:suicide:
'91 YJ.... Was mine,now dad's DD
'94 YJ.... Sold...
'95 ZJ.... Sold, '04 TJ.... Mom's DD.....'97 TJ.... Sold
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #14
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1k
Wayne, how's the 44 working out for you?
well everythings good to go, new paint,braklines,brakehose, just getting a little more money for new drum brake overhaul kits then its going in
VT
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #15
ian_ellis

lol...yeah im sure the owner doesnt want us there but we have had florida wildlife out there and they dont tell us to do anything...just dont litter and stuff like that.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.