One Great Car Show - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > One Great Car Show

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

One Great Car Show

Is anyone from here going to Amelia Island this year for the Concours de' Elegnace car show. Fantastic !Everything from Abarth to Zagato. Every car is pristine. Its a rare opportunity to see this many quality cars in one location. I went last year for the first time and I will not miss another year. Hope to see some of you there!

http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
AlTheKillerr

i use to show my jag in the Concours de' Elegnace for jaguars. first year won 2nd in nation for my class and the second year 1st in nation in my class. these kinds of car shows are truelly amazing
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Killer
i use to show my jag in the Concours de' Elegnace for jaguars. first year won 2nd in nation for my class and the second year 1st in nation in my class. these kinds of car shows are truelly amazing

Any chance you will make the show? Dinner will be on me!
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
Unread 02-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
AlTheKillerr

not likely. my jag is in texas and im in colorado for school. i wish i could be there. plus i havent detailed the jag in forever so it looks kinda messy right now. i think this summer im going to get everything all cleaned and have a 5 speed put in then maybe next year try and make it out to some shows.
Unread 02-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Killer
not likely. my jag is in texas and im in colorado for school. i wish i could be there. plus i havent detailed the jag in forever so it looks kinda messy right now. i think this summer im going to get everything all cleaned and have a 5 speed put in then maybe next year try and make it out to some shows.
Sounds good. Sorry you cant make it! The only Jag I have owned was an 88 Jag Vaden Plas. I loved the car but it is long gone. What kind of Jag were you showing?

My favorite car last year at the show was a Pierce Arrow. That thing was perfect.
- Aldous Huxley
Unread 02-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
AlTheKillerr

1969 jaguar e-type

this is the only pic i have of it on my computer

Unread 02-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Sweet If you are ever in Cincy we have a great British Car Show in the summer. A friend of mine has a Healy 3000 that he shows. We have a blast!

I am looking for a Sunbeam Tiger project car .(Yeah I know $$$$)If you hear of any keep me in mind. I finally got away from MGA's after 20 years

Good luck with your Jag
- Aldous Huxley
Unread 02-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

They just don't design cars today with the class and elegance that they did 30-60 years ago. I miss those cars!
Unread 02-18-2007, 08:23 AM   #9
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotZ
Sweet If you are ever in Cincy we have a great British Car Show in the summer. A friend of mine has a Healy 3000 that he shows. We have a blast!

I am looking for a Sunbeam Tiger project car .(Yeah I know $$$$)If you hear of any keep me in mind. I finally got away from MGA's after 20 years

Good luck with your Jag
Oh, very nice, very nice.

I can't go to it, but I really hope if someone can take some pics.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
nitrox28

There is a Concours every year in August here. This year will be the 4th show and it seems to get better and better every year. It's something I always look forward to. Here's a link:
http://www.keenelandconcours.com/

-1998 Green Laredo 4.0, Rusty's 2" BB, Skyjacker 3" softride w/SS, Nitro shocks, ARB Bullbar, KC's, 180 degree t-stat, Flowmaster 40 series, no cat, no rear swaybar, 31x10.50xSwamper SSR's, Eagle rims, K&N filter, Alpine system, bunch of other crap.
nitrox28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.