Oil Change HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Oil Change HELP

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-14-2002, 11:20 AM   #1
jeepzj81

Oil Change HELP

ok i am away from home and cannot change my oil myself. I am going to bite the bullet and have some one do it for me. Has anyone had a good experiance with any kind of quick service or other national repair place that will have some knowledgable employees? I have heard and seen first hand many horror stories from incorrect fluid to totally leaving the plug out.

jeepzj81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
CoryB

If, for some reason, I'm unable to work on my Jeep, I stand in the doorway and watch the "technicians" who do the work. If they know you're watching, they tend to be a bit more conscientious about the quality or their work.
CoryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2002, 12:04 PM   #3
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I agree. When I first bought the jeep I brought it in because I had no idea when things were changed out. When the mechanics were about to change my diff fluid I looked at it and it was like new. They were like " uh yea I guess we dont have to do this one" They would have changed it had I not been watching.

Your not near a walmart? I would just go to walmart and buy the stuff to do it - even if you have to buy a plastic oil pan, your still saving money.
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.