Offroad trailer writeups? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Offroad trailer writeups?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Delta9
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Offroad trailer writeups?

I'm looking for a write up or something that might help with building an off road trailer. Basically I have a trailer axle to work off of. I'm making a multipurpose trailer to haul dirtbikes, quads, camping gear, and can be used as a place to sleep on if I want. It's not going to be wider than my jeep, and and the actual cargo box will only be long enough for dirtbikes to fit on and wide enough for one quad and a dirtbike to fit on. Also will have at least 31" tires on it.

I'm not sure how long I should make the front part (from the reciever to the cargo box) or what kind of suspension to use. Right now the suspension consists of one leaf spring under the axle mounted parallel with the axle. I'm not sure if this setup will work or if I should use to leafs setup in a traditional style.

Mods: not sure where to put this post, if there is a better spot can you move it for me.

Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Delta9
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No one? ...
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
hollandbriscoe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

lots of good info
hollandbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

ya might find some good info here, too.

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/for...prune=-1&f=189

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Delta9
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.