offroad park - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > offroad park

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-28-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

offroad park

About how many acres would be needed to make an offroad park? Does anyone know?

I am looking at some "mountain" land. I would have to check permitting before thinking about it though as it is adjacent to BLM land.

Does anyone one here know any info on offroad parks?

Unread 08-28-2005, 02:38 AM   #2
ProfessorCRX
Web Wheeler

Many many acres. I'd think at least a couple hundred for 1 decent trail, and that's assuming they're all in a straight line.
ProfessorCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 02:40 AM   #3
firefighter1c57
SPACE FOR RENT

As many acres as you can get. Seriously, I don't think you could make a ORV park to big. In fact if you had enough land, you could build seperate areas for ATV's verses real off road vehicles. As far as permits, etc. the BLM would have nothing to do with it, as long as vehicles did not stray onto BLM land, and only then if it was designated not for ORV's. Any other permits would come through Nevada. Business is usually regulated at the state level. In our current sue happy sociaty, insurance would also be a major concern. HTH

I bring NOTHING to the table.
firefighter1c57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 02:52 AM   #4
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

It Is county land but unfortunetly we have Air quality control that has nothign to do with vehicles but with DUST CONTROL. The city opened a motocross track and the city shut themselves down because of it.

It is rediculous..... But with BLM next to it can be good and bad.

The land can be gotten reasonably, not cheap but decent. I just wondered roughly how many acres some of these offroad parks were.
Unread 08-28-2005, 03:19 AM   #5
firefighter1c57
SPACE FOR RENT

Hot springs ORV in Arkansas is a little over 1200 acres. Bad lands in Indiana is over 700 acres. Silver Lake in Michingan 400 acres. Iron Range Minnisota 1200 acres. Houstan valley in Gerogia is 2600 acres. Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park in North Carolina is 1700 acres. California's Imperial Sand Dunes are 20,000 acres. Red Creek Off Road Park in Mississippi is 1256 acres. Coal Creek OHV park in Tennessee is 72,000 acres. HTH

I bring NOTHING to the table.
firefighter1c57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 06:35 AM   #6
sizzle-chest

then you got fire danger to worry about. you might be lible for any fires set by vehicles in the park, escpecially if spreads to BLM land.
sizzle-chest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 07:17 AM   #7
GPERSCREEPERS99

THe local one to me has a little over 300 acres. It is fun but it's a little small. A really good park I would say should have 600+ acres with a lot of good terrain possibly different types. Woods are good but some rocks are always nice. Badlands in Indiana has a great mix everything from woods to sand dunes to a quarry. One of the most well rounded parks around. I haven't been there since January when it was 8 degrees though. I can't handle paying for 3 tanks of gas in a day. One down to the park one tank to wheel and another tank of gas home. THats just too much money thats why I go to my more local park I ususally use 3/4 of a tank total for the day.
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The off-road area in our local Sportsmans Park in Keno is pretty small ... it has "over 20 acres for ... off road vehicle use." They have a track that wraps around on itself several times as well as a rock challenge, a couple of fairly steep climbs, a mud pit and a tire pit challenge. A lot can be done in a little room --- but it gets boring all too soon.

The park itself is much larger, with other areas dedicated to a shooting range, bow range, R/C airplanes, etc.
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #9
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzmyxj
Hot springs ORV in Arkansas is a little over 1200 acres. Bad lands in Indiana is over 700 acres. Silver Lake in Michingan 400 acres. Iron Range Minnisota 1200 acres. Houstan valley in Gerogia is 2600 acres. Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park in North Carolina is 1700 acres. California's Imperial Sand Dunes are 20,000 acres. Red Creek Off Road Park in Mississippi is 1256 acres. Coal Creek OHV park in Tennessee is 72,000 acres. HTH

where did you come up with all this info.. Thats exaclty what I was looking for.....Thank You

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.