Official Soccer Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Official Soccer Thread

ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Official Soccer Thread

American, English, French, Italian, German... What are you excited for? Who do you support?

Personally, I am amped for the Premiere League to kick off in less than a week. I'm a Liverpool and Sporting KC man through and through, but have a soft spot for Seattle Sounders (especially with the new acquisition of Dempsey!).

I know I can't be the only soccer-fanatic Jeeper out here; who do you bleed for?

Unread 08-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

"I'm LA 'till I die". I'm not a die hard fan but I love the atmosphere of the games. Haven't been to one in a while.

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
eastcoastcam
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am looking forward to the Nova Scotia U14A Provincials. My son's team is supposed to be playing, and he will be back to join them for it . Hopefully they will elevate their game for it, as they are a team of 1st year U14 players playing in a league made up of mostly 2nd year players. It has been a tough season for them, making the adjustment from turf to grass and a much larger field, and playing against older, bigger players. They have been competitive but, haven't won very many games. A big difference from last summer (U12) and Winter (U14), where they won everything.
eastcoastcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Bout freakin' time someone made a thread like this. I'm a Gooner, through and through. Extremely excited to have my weekend mornings filled with some good old EPL action. Also, my office has an EPL fantasy league that I'm hoping to dominate.
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good reception so far, knew I couldn't be the only football fan on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Extremely excited to have my weekend mornings filled with some good old EPL action.
Literally nothing else like it. Best time of the week.

Four more days until Liv kickoff against Stoke, and I just got a long-sleeve Coutinho third-jersey in just for the occasion.
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis
Bout freakin' time someone made a thread like this. I'm a Gooner, through and through. Extremely excited to have my weekend mornings filled with some good old EPL action. Also, my office has an EPL fantasy league that I'm hoping to dominate.
What's "Gooner"? I only watch World Cup and Euro; maybe a rare match of Real Madrid or Man U if there's no hockey to be found.

The diving, drama, and terrible calls without video review make it hard to follow with conviction. American women are good, but the guys may never crack the upper tier in world rankings. Portugal and Italy (aside from Balotelli) are my favorite national squads.

It's better than bowling, golf, and racquetball - whatever keeps you out of trouble.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4 MORE DAYS, yo! Im here im here, lol! Big Liverpool fan myself, just hope the keep Suarez for now. Love watching Gerrard play. My absolute fav player is Torres, love that guy. Im excited for the premier league to start up. Honestly im most excited for my sons new team that he got elected for, the U18 FC Portland Academy team. I think im more stoked than him, oh and his HS team has their first game on Sept 3rd. Cant wait!!!
swirve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo

What's "Gooner"? I only watch World Cup and Euro; maybe a rare match of Real Madrid or Man U if there's no hockey to be found.

The diving, drama, and terrible calls without video review make it hard to follow with conviction. American women are good, but the guys may never crack the upper tier in world rankings. Portugal and Italy (aside from Balotelli) are my favorite national squads.

It's better than bowling, golf, and racquetball - whatever keeps you out of trouble.
Every one loves Balotelli!!! The guy borders the line of madman and pure genius. He is a definite yes on my dream team, just not a starter. He cant do the whole 90 on the pitch without getting a card, lol
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh man, so many good ballers out there today. Garreth Bale, Edin Hazard, Kevin Prince Boateng, Super Frank, Luca Modric, Didier Drogba, David Silva. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, I could go on and on.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
DJeepinOK
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Chelsea!!! But statewide I like the Portland timbers because I actually personally know Bright Dike. They live right down the street from me and I'm good friends with his bro. All his brothers and sisters are like super athletes. All of them play basktball and soccer.
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeepinOK
Chelsea!!! But statewide I like the Portland timbers because I actually personally know Bright Dike. They live right down the street from me and I'm good friends with his bro. All his brothers and sisters are like super athletes. All of them play basktball and soccer.
I hope chelsea doesnt let David Luiz go. Did you see that nuclear free kick he made last season?!!
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #12
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirve View Post
...just hope they keep Suarez for now.
I love the dude, incredibly skilled and just a joy to watch, and I've backed him despite the drama thats surrounded him from the beginning...

However, with the way he's treated the club, fans, and Brendan Rodgers in recent days, I would be fine letting him go *if* we were able to get the 55 million or so. You know how many *solid* players we can get with that kind of money? That's six and a half Coutinhos...
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #13
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddMuffinz

I love the dude, incredibly skilled and just a joy to watch, and I've backed him despite the drama thats surrounded him from the beginning...

However, with the way he's treated the club, fans, and Brendan Rodgers in recent days, I would be fine letting him go *if* we were able to get the 55 million or so. You know how many *solid* players we can get with that kind of money? That's six and a half Coutinhos...
I think Rodgers has done a great job trying to turn the squad around, I just hope the higher ups dont make stupid decisions like they did when they bought Andy Carroll(Flop). I think Sterling is a welcome addition.
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #14
Caelum
2003 WJ 

Glory glory man united , weird not seeing saf on the sidelines this year
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #15
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddMuffinz View Post

I honestly think Arsenal are going to back off, unfortunately. I really thought we were going to nail him, but I think it's getting clear that targets are set elsewhere.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.