Official Poseur Club, Join Here - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Official Poseur Club, Join Here

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 02-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
GoGo
2012 JK Wrangler 

Official Poseur Club, Join Here

After reading the thread about Rubicon owners and poseurs, I would like to welcome others to the first official Jeep Poseur club!

I, of course, as the founding member, will be member number one.

Just like the title says, you must be a poseur, or perceived by someone else who knows absolutely nothing about you as a poseur. This is not limited to Jeeps and their use/mods/etc, but is open to anything you have or do.

Got a Gold plated hood ornament that you wear on a necklace, but get scared when the starter gun fires at a local track meet? You qualify!

Do you own/wear a jersey/shirt/sweater from any professional team that you have never been an actual player on, or with someone else's name on it? You qualify!

Do you own a Jeep but never take it off road? You qualify!

Do you own a Brittney Spears CD? You qualify, but we don't want you anyways.

Do you have a blender with 400 speeds, but only use two of them to make slushies? You qualify.

Do you have a computer with 5 Terabytes of memory, a 500 THz processor and a dial up modem to connect to the internet? You qualify!

Our intentions are to bring all poseurs out of the closet and to the forefront to let the world know "I'm here, I'm proud, I'm a poseur!"

Please feel free to tell us how to spend our money and use these purchases, as we obviously can't make a decision that will keep the rest of the sheeple happy.

This is tongue in cheek, not meant to offend, just verbalizing what, I'm sure , others feel.

Carry on, and lighten up Francis.

Poseur Jeep Club Member # 1

I'd feel safer hunting with Cheney than, going for a drive with Ted Kennedy.
GoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
TJgreg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my rubi is a dd and i use it on the ROAD

do I qualify?
Unread 02-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

LOFL

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
GoGo
2012 JK Wrangler 

TJGreg not only do you qualify, you can be the VP!

Poseur Jeep Club Member # 1

I'd feel safer hunting with Cheney than, going for a drive with Ted Kennedy.
GoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
ltmke11
1999 TJ Wrangler 

HOF !

(assuming we have a HOF Sub-Forum)
ltmke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #6
plmoss21

I like to spend all of my money on jeep parts, get underneath it, get dirty, bust all of my knuckles, and pretend to know what I am doing. Can I join please.
Unread 02-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
grandman97
Web Wheeler

damn posers.
grandman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
blumeeny

I do go off road, but have no desire to destroy any vehicle on a trail that should be walked up. ( in all fairness if I had the" third trimester" gut and WalMart sneaks most extreme roaders have, I might not be so keen to walk). I also think that any motor larger than 4.7 is a cast iron cack extension. I am so posing
blumeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumeeny
I do go off road, but have no desire to destroy any vehicle on a trail that should be walked up. ( in all fairness if I had the" third trimester" gut and WalMart sneaks most extreme roaders have, I might not be so keen to walk). I also think that any motor larger than 4.7 is a cast iron cack extension. I am so posing
wow, I hope this is supposed to be sarcastic. If not the ignorance in this post almost equals that of the 12th century
Unread 02-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #10
Difranco

Sign me Up.

I'm Number 13!
Orange Jeep Club Member #13--Metalhead Jeep Club Member #13--Poseur Jeep Club Member #13
Gun Control: Means never having to say "I missed you!"

FOR SALE: OE Rubicon Shocks / OE Rear Bumper / OE 3rd Brake light / OE Front Trackbar / OE Rear Trackbar -- PM for details and make your best offer.
Difranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
blumeeny

"wow, I hope this is supposed to be sarcastic. If not the ignorance in this post almost equals that of the 12th century"

How insensitive of me. Of course, every guy who has ever driven up a waterfall has a thyroid condition. The morbidly obese should be able to enjoy nature just like the rest of us posuers can. I feel so ashamed.

Of course it was sarcastic. It's something we city folk do, since guzzling fire water and punching the missus doesn't count as amusement outside NM.
blumeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumeeny
"wow, I hope this is supposed to be sarcastic. If not the ignorance in this post almost equals that of the 12th century"

How insensitive of me. Of course, every guy who has ever driven up a waterfall has a thyroid condition. The morbidly obese should be able to enjoy nature just like the rest of us posuers can. I feel so ashamed.

Of course it was sarcastic. It's something we city folk do, since guzzling fire water and punching the missus doesn't count as amusement outside NM.
I just wasn't sure since the last person I talked to from the ontario, CA area actually seemed to think that way. that was a fun conversation.

Besides, we don't have waterfalls do drive up out here, and we don't guzzle firewater out here, it is cheap tequila and cheap beer, we are a poor state.

And our normal drunken pastime is not beating our wife, it is driving

Oh, and I don't feel like joining this club, but can I just post in your thread and put the club in my sig anyway to make it look like I joined?
Unread 02-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #13
TJay2004

Is poseur French for poser?
3/4" Daystar Front Coil Spacers(made it level)
31"x10.5" Dick Cepek FC II's on MT Classic II Wheels
Sirius Satellite Radio
Olympic sliders
Rubicon fender flares
TKH Rear Bumper
More to come....of course...
TJay2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #14
HeavyMetal
Forum God

1997 XJ Cherokee 

how witty is this
Thou preparest a spotter before me in the presence of mine obstacles;

Last edited by HeavyMetal; 02-15-2006 at 03:31 PM..
HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #15
godsowndrnk

I guess that I'm going to have to join. I never thought I was a poseur, but some of the guys on here make me feel like one. I think that some of them have the mentality that if you haven't spent $30K on a Rubi and then done another $10K in upgrades, then you have no business here. That being said, me and my '97 TJ (with only a BB and 32's) will be at the first meeting.
godsowndrnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.