JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Official how to on Muffler Bearings (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/official-how-muffler-bearings-1735634/)

970001zj 10-29-2013 09:50 AM

Official how to on Muffler Bearings
 
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5064/...56f03623_b.jpg

these are muffler bearings

after a while you need to replace them

DONT take your vehicle to your local muffler shop if they have this v certification you will get waaaay overcharged to get them usually $200-$500 depending

http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.10893...,baby_blue.jpg

i did it my self but after a while they ended up looking like v this just 100 miles later :gosh:

http://www.alanmfg.com/Site/themed_i...uctMuffler.jpg




Ive had this problem before and so have some of you so heres an indepth write up on how to fix them

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php

YJames90 10-29-2013 10:18 AM

I just replaced mine.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...3&d=1350611277






linky no worky for the write up

Tom95YJ 10-29-2013 11:06 AM

Soon as I pay my vendor fees I will start selling my blinker fluid which is approved for LED lights

Ironhead 10-29-2013 11:08 AM

here are the ones i used

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=48

somebody5788 10-29-2013 11:36 AM

Does anyone have an recommendations on how to get my center turn signal working? I've checked the blinker fluid.

Anticanman 10-29-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ (Post 17257138)
Soon as I pay my vendor fees I will start selling my blinker fluid which is approved for LED lights

You've got to fill out a Federal Id-10-T form for the hazmat portion.

Tom95YJ 10-29-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman
You've got to fill out a Federal Id-10-T form for the hazmat portion.

I already did that 3 times , those Jackwads must have lost it again.

YJames90 10-29-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebody5788 (Post 17258186)
Does anyone have an recommendations on how to get my center turn signal working? I've checked the blinker fluid.

Look it up under Hazzard fluid

Anticanman 10-29-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ (Post 17258442)
I already did that 3 times , those Jackwads must have lost it again.

Might want to check with your state. I know they have yours on file. :D

Dngrs1 10-29-2013 12:34 PM

Anyone know of a source for a 710 cap? Mine has fallen apart and I need a replacement.

Tom95YJ 10-29-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dngrs1
Anyone know of a source for a 710 cap? Mine has fallen apart and I need a replacement.

I have heard you can use the piston rings off a RX7 in a pinch

Tom95YJ 10-29-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman
Might want to check with your state. I know they have yours on file. :D

That'll explain a lot. If you do not have a family of 15 it gets lost here

YJames90 10-29-2013 12:44 PM

do all 15 wave to other Jeepers?

Tom95YJ 10-29-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJames90
do all 15 wave to other Jeepers?

Yes unless it is a JK/JKU or KL

FourbyFour 10-29-2013 01:43 PM

Thanks for the writeup guys. I'm just about due.

Jeep manual says change every 91,523.7 miles. I'm at 91,520.0. I don't want to go over and experience the infamous muffler wobble.


The time now is 05:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.