OBX House for Summer weekly rental!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > OBX House for Summer weekly rental!!!!

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 02-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

OBX House for Summer weekly rental!!!!

I am opening my house on the Hatteras Island, NC, OBX to the jeepforum members. Please contact me if you are interested in renting a week in the summer. Great beaches where you can drive your Jeep right onto the beach!!!!!
3 bed 2 bath. Its on the canal, so there is boat access to the ocean, house has a dock. "Bring your Boat!!!!" If you don't have a boat you can use my kayaks that are gone be left under the house. Total of 5 kayaks that can take up to 7 people at the time to explore the Pamlico Sound!!! Email me for more info. Prices start at $450 a week and go up to $950 a week in middle of summer. House is located in Frisco. There are ramps with beach access all over the place. Miles of 4x4 driving. Don't wait to long as the weeks are filling up slowly. Thanks

Przemekmsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Electrical breaker box near the bed? That's got to be a code violation.

Not to mention the BBQ grill near the deck.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Rubicon View Post

By code the grill can't by on the deck!!!!!! It says nothing about next to the deck. And if the electrical box is a problem I have two solutions:
A. I will put a picture over it.
B. I can move the bed.
Unread 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Check out the little video that I made.http://youtu.be/l57QS5lfYdo
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Rubicon

Jesus, stop being such a hater, sounds like you need the vacation yourself.

Beautiful house, thanks for posting it up here
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
Jesus, stop being such a hater, sounds like you need the vacation yourself.

Beautiful house, thanks for posting it up here
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Don't waist your time guys!!!!! The place is booking up fast!!!!! Listed it online a week ago and already got 9 weeks rented out through out the summer. Make your plans and book it up before its to late. Thanks
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
03Wrangler

the electrical panel is perfectly legal there... just can't be in a bathroom and needs to have 3' of clearance infront of it to work on it... no inspector would ever site a bed under a panel as a violation..

nice house! very nicely furnished, cant get more for it per week?
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Wrangler View Post
the electrical panel is perfectly legal there... just can't be in a bathroom and needs to have 3' of clearance infront of it to work on it... no inspector would ever site a bed under a panel as a violation..

The breaker box in the bedroom is in fact an electrical code violation. All electrical circuits in bedrooms must be AFCI protected. Since breaker boxes cannot be AFCI-protected placement of the panel/box in a bedroom is an electrical code violation. Similarly, boxes cannot be placed in closets due to the potential presence of combustible materials.

Refer to the National Electrical Code. The first item would be covered under the amendment to 210.12. The second item (forbidding panels/boxes in closets) is covered under 240.24

When your guests die in the house fire due to an electrical code violation you will be charged with manslaughter due to negligence.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Wrangler View Post

I am not trying to make millions on the house!!!!!! I simply want to offer a place that a average family can afford in these bad economical times. Thanks
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Rubicon View Post
The breaker box in the bedroom is in fact an electrical code violation. All electrical circuits in bedrooms must be AFCI protected. Since breaker boxes cannot be AFCI-protected placement of the panel/box in a bedroom is an electrical code violation. Similarly, boxes cannot be placed in closets due to the potential presence of combustible materials.

Refer to the National Electrical Code. The first item would be covered under the amendment to 210.12. The second item (forbidding panels/boxes in closets) is covered under 240.24

When your guests die in the house fire due to an electrical code violation you will be charged with manslaughter due to negligence.
Well the house was build in 1978, it passed all inspections then, it passed inspections when I bought the place, and it even passed a rental inspection that is required by the state. So in my eyes things are cool. Maybe its grandfathered in in some old law that back in a day allowed beach cotteges have electrical boxes in a room. If you are so afraid to sleep next to a box simply don't rent it. Thanks
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
chowner
2014 WK 

looks nice
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
Przemekmsu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have Memorial Day week for rent still available!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
mattcofc
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemekmsu View Post
Well the house was build in 1978, it passed all inspections then, it passed inspections when I bought the place, and it even passed a rental inspection that is required by the state. So in my eyes things are cool. Maybe its grandfathered in in some old law that back in a day allowed beach cotteges have electrical boxes in a room. If you are so afraid to sleep next to a box simply don't rent it. Thanks
It may have been grandfathered in or there may have been a code variance that allows it. NEC is a set of suggested regulations not draconian law, it has no legal bindings.
mattcofc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #15
Indy

It's simpler than that. A house has to be to code for the year it was built, end of story. If the panel was directly above the kitchen sink and code was ok with it then, it's good until the end of time. It may be suggested a correction be made but they can't require every house out there be rebuilt every time code changes. Afci didnt make nec until 98 to begin in 02 if memory serves. I deal with 'code' roughly every day, it's not hard to figure out.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.