Observations by a Canadian - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Observations by a Canadian

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Observations by a Canadian

TOP-11 "ONLY IN AMERICA" OBSERVATIONS -- BY A CANADIAN*

I found this in a comment section of a news article.

1) Only in America could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black
3) Only in America could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the TreasuryDepartment and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tensof thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss lettinganyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as"extremists."
7) Only in America could you need to present a driver's license tocash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes(Nike).
9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
11) Only in America can a man with no background, no qualification sand no experience ... and a complete failure at his job ... be reelected.

Last edited by Scherer; 01-30-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Scherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
tplochar

And yet we are still the greatest country on the face of the planet. That's what really scares me.
33x10.50 BFG A/T on 15x8 Blacked Out Cragars
A to Z Fabrication Rockers
K & N Intake
tplochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

You forgot our beer is cheaper and more watered down.
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Hoser
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Scherer:

I wish more Americans realized and saw things half as clearly as you have written.

We are a very divided nation along political ideals, yet united when tested, so I try to stay positive despite the joke of a President that we have for another four years. I have relatives that escaped Communsim and have lived in the USA for over 40 years and are now going back to the Old Country, because of the insanity that has taken-over here.

It's sad to the see the decline in this nation since the 1980s; the area where I live is nothing like what it used to be. It's now urban sprawl, vastly different demographics [the "new" residents are not friendly like Americans I came to know in the past], and crowded schools that once thrived. Even today, the President has the wrong answer to immigration. There should be a moritorium on all immigration and illegals should be deported. Until AMERICANS are trained and employed when willing and able, then we don't need any more influx from 3rd World nations.

I do have to say that even places like Australia, Western Europe, and Canada are also changing dramatically. I was in Vancouver and could not believe the shift in demographics since ten years before. We are nations of immigrants, but we have to come to a point where we ask how much is enough [?]... on sheer population alone. This all impacts the very overlying subject that you have raised: quality of life and culture.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

When I get down about how disgraceful it is to have a clown for President; I see stuff like this and it doesn't seem so bad:

ONLY IN INDIA -
only-india.jpg  
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
When I get down about how disgraceful it is to have a clown for President; I see stuff like this and it doesn't seem so bad:

ONLY IN INDIA -
I wonder how many people fall off that train.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I had a dream last night that my tax return was only a piece of paper telling me that I owed the government, and that was all across the board. Nobody in the country got a tax return, you're just told you owe the government more.

Which reminds me... I need to do my taxes, I'm gonna hit up turbotax as soon as I get done with this post.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
You forgot our beer is cheaper and more watered down.
$9-$10 for a six pack was common in Nova Scotia last December (I'm not sure if this reflects prices elsewhere) and a standard price here in New England. In Germany, you pay less than $5 for a six pack of good beer. We're both getting hosed.

And it's not even watered down, its intentional. Domestic light lagers use rice and other sugars to boost the alcohol without adding flavor
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Might I add that there are people in this country that think we shouldn't call illegal immigrants "aliens" because it hurts their feelings. The U.S. today has little girl syndrome. Obviously this extends to a number of things, like where something as little as smacking your kid as punishment wouldn't get you arrested and **** like that.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Might I add that there are people in this country that think we shouldn't call illegal immigrants "aliens" because it hurts their feelings. The U.S. today has little girl syndrome. Obviously this extends to a number of things, like where something as little as smacking your kid as punishment wouldn't get you arrested and **** like that.
I'm trying to figure out what happened to the days when men were men and when they fought, they had a rumble in the locker room and that settled the dispute. All I see are dudes talkin **** to somebody, and then getting their *** handed to them, then they call the police and sue.

I keep hearing these stories from the old guys about how they would get their asses kicked, or kick somebodies *** and that was that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonRubicon View Post
That actually sounds pretty good, not gonna lie.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
Hurley91

God damn Hosers. Wait, What?

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
WJlover
1999 WJ 

ya those pancake and sausage things do sound really good....

but ya....america has a giant prepubescent vagina.
WJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #15
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
God damn Hosers. Wait, What?

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJlover View Post
ya those pancake and sausage things do sound really good....

but ya....america has a giant prepubescent vagina.
And communism is about to fornicate it with it's humongous, juicy, veiny...

Still not enough power.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.