Obama's Military Experience - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Obama's Military Experience

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 09-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #16
WinstonWolf
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Glendale AZ.
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
This guy must think the American people are really stupid.
At least 43 percent of them must be.

WinstonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #17
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON
 
DShizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Keller, Tx
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mean Fish View Post
There's nothing on the page, I guess that's a sign?
A sign that it is non-existant just like the link to his political executive experience...which they cannot even create a link to because it is either constantly diminishing or changing...I would like to see a link to his experience as a community organizer...that must amount to keeping the racial hate for the white rich men alive and strong.
__________________
"Political Correctness is a Doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 06:16 AM   #18
winkosmosis
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 3,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Timing??? Get freak'n real!!! The war was basically over Jan '73. Gee, that must have been a tough call to "not pursue" since the war was over 6 years earlier.
This guy must think the American people are really stupid.
What are you trying to say?? He didn't join the military because there was no war.
__________________
Atheist Jeep Club member #3
Non-Astrologist Jeep Club member #?
Pull the Socialist Plug on Old People Jeep Club member #1
winkosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #19
SpoiledRotten
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOLO View Post
Where is it written that you have to join the military to be commander-in-chief?
No, but it might be like a man leading the girl scouts without, at the least, ever having a daughter. You just don't know what it's all about, so you would have to learn on the job, and that has already surfaced...the president is not a good position for learning on the job. You need some experience in 'SOMETHING"!
__________________
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #20
winkosmosis
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 3,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
No, but it might be like a man leading the girl scouts without, at the least, ever having a daughter. You just don't know what it's all about, so you would have to learn on the job, and that has already surfaced...the president is not a good position for learning on the job. You need some experience in 'SOMETHING"!
We have a civilian president for a reason. By saying "you need military experience" you are subverting that with a ridiculous requirement that has no place in a free Western democracy.
__________________
Atheist Jeep Club member #3
Non-Astrologist Jeep Club member #?
Pull the Socialist Plug on Old People Jeep Club member #1
winkosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #21
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
We have a civilian president for a reason. By saying "you need military experience" you are subverting that with a ridiculous requirement that has no place in a free Western democracy.
What winky is trying to say is he would rather have someone from the outside, who knows absolutely nothing about the business, move to his company and be his CEO making ground breaking decisions from day one as opposed to someone who has actually done the job from the bottom to the top. Did I get that right?
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #22
winkosmosis
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 3,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramann View Post
What winky is trying to say is he would rather have someone from the outside, who knows absolutely nothing about the business, move to his company and be his CEO making ground breaking decisions from day one as opposed to someone who has actually done the job from the bottom to the top. Did I get that right?
The government is not the military.
__________________
Atheist Jeep Club member #3
Non-Astrologist Jeep Club member #?
Pull the Socialist Plug on Old People Jeep Club member #1
winkosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #23
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
The government is not the military.
You are wrong again. Commander in Chief? I don't see the military declaring war for itself...
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #24
THISISWEIRD
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I assume everyone criticizing his lack of military service actually has served
The old brick layers theory....

Just because I don't know how to lay brick, doesn't mean I can't look at a brick wall and tell you that it looks like crap.

I haven't served, then again, I'm not running for President of the USA.
THISISWEIRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #25
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by THISISWEIRD View Post
The old brick layers theory....

Just because I don't know how to lay brick, doesn't mean I can't look at a brick wall and tell you that it looks like crap.

I haven't served, then again, I'm not running for President of the USA.
Ok so we end up with moron that can point out problems with no idea how to fix them. Oh yeah-thats alot better...
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #26
PJL
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Schenectady, NY
Posts: 1,350
Can someone explain to me why previous military service matters so much for the presidency? For a president, the military is a political tool to meet a selected end. It's not as if the president himself is developing strategy. There's a reason the Secretary of Defense and his office, the Pentagon, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff exist. Just because someone previously served doesn't make them qualified to be Commander-in-Chief -- who's to say they will make the right political choices when deploying the military? Likewise, lack of military experience doesn't mean that a person can't be a good Commander-in-Chief.
__________________
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds.
- Captain Hammer
PJL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #27
mgramann
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL View Post
Can someone explain to me why previous military service matters so much for the presidency? For a president, the military is a political tool to meet a selected end. It's not as if the president himself is developing strategy. There's a reason the Secretary of Defense and his office, the Pentagon, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff exist. Just because someone previously served doesn't make them qualified to be Commander-in-Chief -- who's to say they will make the right political choices when deploying the military? Likewise, lack of military experience doesn't mean that a person can't be a good Commander-in-Chief.
It's not that Military Experience automatically makes them qualified, or lacking it makes you unqualified. I just think it makes a person MORE qualified...
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #28
The Mean Fish
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Mexico (I'm not in Mexico idiots)
Posts: 4,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL View Post
Can someone explain to me why previous military service matters so much for the presidency? For a president, the military is a political tool to meet a selected end. It's not as if the president himself is developing strategy. There's a reason the Secretary of Defense and his office, the Pentagon, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff exist. Just because someone previously served doesn't make them qualified to be Commander-in-Chief -- who's to say they will make the right political choices when deploying the military? Likewise, lack of military experience doesn't mean that a person can't be a good Commander-in-Chief.
You could use the same argument about any kind of experience and the Presidency, he/she could be seen as just a figurehead and all he needs to be is a good speaker and smooth talker. I would much rather know that when the generals tell the Commander in Chief something he actually understands it based on his experience and uses that to make up his mind instead of relying on someone else's experience to do so. If a general comes to McCain and explains something about an ambush with a team being taken hostage behind enemy lines McCain can related to that, Obama has no way of understanding what that might be like or what those guys are feeling. The commander in chief role is one of the most important of the office, experience to me is a must in that role.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 CJ7 View Post
The Mean Fish you seem to hate big business and love big government. My guess is you are drinking the coolaid that Pelosie, Reid, Barny Frank, Biden, and Obama are serving.
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #29
winkosmosis
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 3,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramann View Post
You are wrong again. Commander in Chief? I don't see the military declaring war for itself...
The military is a government institution. So is the Park Service. Neither McCain nor Obama has been a park ranger, so does that mean they are unqualified? The government includes several intelligence gathering agencies, but neither McCain nor Obama has espionage experience. They won't be able to relate directly to a spy in the field, so they are unqualified?
__________________
Atheist Jeep Club member #3
Non-Astrologist Jeep Club member #?
Pull the Socialist Plug on Old People Jeep Club member #1
winkosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #30
GeneralDisarray
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I assume everyone criticizing his lack of military service actually has served
I have. 10 chars
GeneralDisarray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.