Not being rude but.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Not being rude but....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineORS Recovery RopeSynthetic Winch Rope from ORS

Unread 11-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
technologic80
2005 WK 

Not being rude but....

Is there another Jeep forum that is more active?

I noticed VS owns JeepForum; I moderated over at trailvoy for years, and when VS bought us out, almost everybody (Moderators & most members) fled the coop. Did something like that happen over here? (just wondering!)

Im not being rude, this site is a plethora of information but when I make threads sometimes it takes a day to get 1 response. Are there other Jeep enthusiast forums with more traffic/activity?

(Please dont flog the newb for asking!)

technologic80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Indy

Nope, compared to the past it's pretty much a ghost town here. It was really active back in the day. I'm not sure when the downhill slide started but it sped up when it was no longer privately owned. The GD area used to be a flood of people killing time and BS'ing, now you'll see a weeks worth of posts that haven't made it off the front page yet. I think the tech sections are more active than the GD now. The members only areas are about the same 10 people arguing with each other on every topic.

I'd say spend some time on google, everyone that used to be here had to end up somewhere.
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

The XJ subsections are alive and healthy.
Although over there we don't have any bitter bad attitude lifers trolling regularly.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

XK WK section is alive fully and is pretty helpful still. Its seems the lack of life is more noticeable here in GD for sure.
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
ChrisHager

2004 WJ 

The WJ section seems pretty busy. It looks like we get about a page worth (~40 ish) of new/updated threads per day.
Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
I frequent the XJ and ZJ sections, and they seem to be just as busy as they've used to be.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
austin6137
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Nah man your right this place is dead, once keith sold out and the new owners took over it went down hill in a hurry. There is a membership giveaway right now with like 17 replies, 2-3 years ago thAt thread would have blown up.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
The XJ subsections are alive and healthy.
Although over there we don't have any bitter bad attitude lifers trolling regularly.
I guess I know where to go when I'm bored.........

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The tech areas are still as active as ever. After the ownership change there was a big surge of members who wanted nothing to do with jeeps and were just trouble makers all over the forum. We finally got that stamped out and it's pretty much back to normal now.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #10
technologic80
2005 WK 

Thanks for the insight!!

Im new here, a new Jeep enthusiast, and ready to blow up the WK & GD forums with new threads
Unread 11-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
austin6137
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

After the new owner took over I understand why there was a lot of unhappy members. There was promises that Phillip made that never came true, example the slogan contest. I think whiteout won but doesnt have lifetime membership that was promised. There was supposed to be a windows 8 app but as far as I know neither ever happened. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #12
technologic80
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin6137 View Post
After the new owner took over I understand why there was a lot of unhappy members. There was promises that Phillip made that never came true, example the slogan contest. I think whiteout won but doesnt have lifetime membership that was promised. There was supposed to be a windows 8 app but as far as I know neither ever happened. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, well... I can relate. On some other forums I go to, one for example- when Vertical Scope bought them out, stuff that had been purchased at the forum store (bumper stickers, shirts, accessories for our trucks) were never shipped or refunded. 90% of the members, moderators, everybody left and created their own site. The original site is a ghost town, and has been for 2 years. It has been overrun by spammers. Sad, really.

Same thing happened with tapatalk accessability. Promised, but once VS bought it, forgetaboutit.
Unread 11-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #13
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

After JF got sold a ton of people jumped ship because things started changing fast. I stopped paying for membership because of it but still stick around GD for the hockey/gaming threads, i don't even have a jeep anymore though
Unread 11-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #14
technologic80
2005 WK 

Ok so can somebody PM me and tell me where everybody left to?
Unread 11-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
Indy

There's a thousand locations that thousands went to.

Most visitors at one time, 15k. Right now, 320.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.