Noob with some confessions to make..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Noob with some confessions to make.....

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 10-31-2005, 08:28 AM   #1
TorxMonkey

Noob with some confessions to make.....

Ok guys....

I have to get this off my chest and endure my whippings for this....

I have had my 05LJ since Aug 15th and I need to confess my sins.....

As much research as I did before purchasing my LJ I decided I didn't need the Rubicon. I settled for the regular LJ. I regret doing this as I will eventually regear, upgrade my front axle and lock my diffs. I even have black diamond plate rocker guards because I really like that on the rubis.

When I drove from Jax to Orlando to look at the jeep I wanted, (it was late 05, finding exactly what I wanted was tough!) It had the chrome grill. I didn't like it much but I bought it anyway. It grew on me being that its a black jeep and I decided to get the stainless tail light guards and stainless locking hood latches.

I wish I had gotten black and taken the grill cover off to expose the black grill. The stainless door sill protectors now look ridiculous now that the doors are off.

While removing the doors for the first time last week I scratched my nuts and was pretty upset about it. I also took a hammer and banged on the bolts from the bottom thinking they would come off before posting "hey I cant get these bolts out" and another forum member schooling me to lift the doors up.

When doing the oil change I was greasing the joints for the first time and didn't know you attach the hose to the zirk. Instead I put grease on my finger and rubbed it all around the outside of the rubber joint/boot. The next day I did it correctly.

I washed every bit of dirt off my new jeep for the first month. Its dirty as hell now and has a million bugs plastered to it with a cracked windshield that is getting fixed today.

I didn't allow my dog to ride cause hes a yellow lab and sheds like crazy all over my black carpet. now it looks like a barber shop in my jeep. Logan is 100% jeep dog now.

I secretly think black rims are the ugliest things ever. steelies. But now I am starting to think they are kinda cool if I can find a good design.

ok. I got that off my chest. Just wanted to come clean! thanks!

TorxMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
ki1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorxMonkey
I scratched my nuts and was pretty upset about it.
Don't worry, we all do it!
Unread 10-31-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
table
2000 WJ 

got some pix of it?
Unread 10-31-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
TorxMonkey

I do i just havnt taken them off my cam yet....I have 2 new speakers and some other parts that have been sitting in my PC room for over a month. ive been so busy I havnt been able to even do that. BUT i will shortly and attatch it to my sig!

Unread 10-31-2005, 10:28 AM   #5
PDX_XJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Please do not post pictures of you scratching your nuts.
Unread 10-31-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
rowdy1
2002 WJ 

You scratch your head,then your nuts. Its a Jeep thing
Unread 10-31-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
Columbia TJ
1999 WJ 

Hahahaha, nice confession.

I think we all were upset the first time we scratched the DOOR nuts on our brand new Jeeps... then you realize who the hell cares and either continue to not worry about scratching them or do like most of us, and just stop putting them back on.
Columbia TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
TorxMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia TJ

I think we all were upset the first time we scratched the DOOR nuts on our brand new Jeeps... then you realize who the hell cares and either continue to not worry about scratching them or do like most of us, and just stop putting them back on.
Yeah I'm gonna make a mirror ornament out of them for my rearview. I'll end up slapping some end caps on the bolts. I also scratched the Jeep just behind the nuts. After the first few scratches you are over the hill and its so liberating not to care as much anymore. Those first 2 months were agonizing. Not only because the though of scratches were devistating but knowing I had a jeep and shouldnt care was killing me too.

lol
Unread 11-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
that_1_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia TJ

When I bought my YJ, they didnt even have the door nuts on them. It's a lot more convenient that way. All ya gotta do is open the door and it just slides right off.
l---L 0lllllll0-
[COLOR=Black]()_) ()_)--o-)_)[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red][B]Red Jeep Club Member #318[/B] [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Navy"][B]Low Output 4-Banger Club Member #46[/B][/COLOR]
that_1_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
BigYellaJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That was hilarious..."scratched my nuts." Man...I'm immature. Anyways..Everyone starts somewhere!
Red Jeep
1st Jeep: '86 CJ-7 (I miss her)
BigYellaJeep
BigYellaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2005, 09:16 PM   #11
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

Yeah, I feel a little stupid for buying a Jeep without knowing what to look for. I got stuck with the worst combination of axles/gears I could get: D35/3.07. I should have researched first then shopped around a little more.
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.