No JF, I don't speak Spanish, but thanks anyways - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > No JF, I don't speak Spanish, but thanks anyways

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #46
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
jeepinhokie, maybe you need to go back to grammer school first before you start busting peoples balls, exibit haha. Go join the day-laborers possibly and learn some mexican. I would say something racist but I don't wanna get banned.
No busting balls. We were having a discussion on the proper use of a commonly misused word.

There happens to be a few adults in this thread. Sorry to disappoint you.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #47
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
A

B

introduce exibit A and B.
This was entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Well you seem to be the only one in this thread attaching hyperbole to your 'points', so I think I'll pass on entertaining you with any 'defense' exhibits.
Oh please? I request that you present a defense, if only to further our education and entertainment.

Quote:
No busting balls. We were having a discussion on the proper use of a commonly misused word.

There happens to be a few adults in this thread. Sorry to disappoint you.
Hey, we all have typos, right?
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #48
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie

so if we speak "american" here in the US. do they speak "mexican" in Mexico?
Well duh, everyone knows they speak Mexicanese in Mexico.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #49
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so if we speak "american" here in the US. do they speak "mexican" in Mexico?

while I tend to agree with your sentiment about speaking the language of the country you reside in. Its this type of arrogant BS that makes Americans out to be the "bad guys".

and FYI, a "language" has nothing to do with the "country" it is spoken in...
Yes.

As was said earlier, each language varies by country.
It may not be politically correct, but look at how we Americans speak compared to the British. When was the last time you called a toilet the loo or a camping trailer a caravan? Ever call a semi-truck a lorrie?

Point made.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #50
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was not expecting this I don't give a damn, just thought it was funny. I speak English, German, and a little Croatian. Never found the need to speak Spanish.

Also. Ive been to Mexico 11 times. Try my best to speak Spanish to locals 'cause I know they respect that you at least try to speak their language. Have to resort to English most of the time there but at least I try.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #51
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon

Also. Ive been to Mexico 11 times. Try my best to speak Spanish to locals 'cause I know they respect that you at least try to speak their language. Have to resort to English most of the time there but at least I try.
this is key! You have to at least make and effort.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #52
scootz
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Kang says lets talk Amercan
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #53
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Is anyone going to point out that this advertisement was found on the WORLD WIDE WEB??? Silly Americans
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #54
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
Is anyone going to point out that this advertisement was found on the WORLD WIDE WEB??? Silly Americans
You clearly have no idea how Internet ads work. I go to school in coastal GA. Do you think you get the same Savannah car dealership ads I do wherever you live? I'm not getting ads for Swedish banks on my computer now am I? WWW or not, ads are targeted to your location.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #55
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deepskyy- View Post
No.
I conduct my business in English. Always will unless I travel to another country. If a business within these borders will not understand me in English, I will use another establishment to get the goods or services I require.
Lighten up, Francis.

I know very little spanish, I was just making a joke. I've been on this forum for almost 5 years. If I've learned anything not related to Jeeps, it's that many Americans have a weak grasp on the english language.

It's a very difficult language to learn, and I'm a little ashamed that I don't have the patience to pick up a second language. Right now I'm in China, the only thing I can recognize are numbers and the very few signs translated into english, so I can understand the difficulties for someone new to a country that can't fully speak the language. I also had a conversation with some students that claimed to have very poor english and were at first embarrassed to talk with us because they can't fully understand all of our grammar rules, but honestly it was pretty good, even better than some Americans that can speak "American".
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
Kerovick

come on guys it's `merican not American
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #57
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon

You clearly have no idea how Internet ads work. I go to school in coastal GA. Do you think you get the same Savannah car dealership ads I do wherever you live? I'm not getting ads for Swedish banks on my computer now am I? WWW or not, ads are targeted to your location.
Actually I know enough about Internet ads to know that either you were searching for a Spanish mail order bride, or Latina tube videos. It's ok, Spanish girls are hot.
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #58
ruggedscotsman
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I better stay out of this one. Language debates make my blood boil.
I'm with you here....

Although I did find it amusing the see someone say they speak American because they live in America!

Mexico is also located in America.
ruggedscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #59
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedscotsman View Post
Mexico is also located in America.
love it

[I]Errrrrrr[/I], Will complain else where - &y
Andywear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #60
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
Actually I know enough about Internet ads to know that either you were searching for a Spanish mail order bride, or Latina tube videos. It's ok, Spanish girls are hot.
I've been found out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.